Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brittana with Spoilers IV

Go down 
+17
Melissa
bored now.
Isa
Irashii
Shanna_
Ato
FluffyHats
Romee
Charles
Tuk17
Dina
Alison DiLaurentis
Sez
Mike`
cinco
Span_ski
Jugz da' Clown
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Dina

Dina

Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:01 pm

question: can mods really delete posts made by admins?
That's weird!

Edit: haha lulz anyone see the photo that Glee just uploaded on facebook? With Finn and it says "Is the Dream finally over?" and people comment with
"Hopefully!"
"No one is excited for this!"
"This show is over!"

aaaah I enjoy this way too much - back to studying now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FluffyHats

FluffyHats

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:17 pm

Dunno if this goes here, but silent night is out.

Basically Naya > everybody else right now (even Lea)

She really owns these types of slow songs. Her voice is like this nice warm blanket that wraps around you. Plus so textured.

Silent Night

On a different note, I wonder how messy tonight and the next few days, or longer will be (still got awesome Christmas episode and then the dance after hiatus where u bet Brittany will ask Sam and they will get a nice story line of sorts or some conversations). IKAG levels? Worse?
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:19 pm

Worse.

It's glee after all. It is always worse, because they never learn from mistakes, which makes THIS - after we already hat the IKAG debacle - even more insulting imo.
Back to top Go down
Ato

Ato

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:22 pm

I have no idea. They meant it as a "joke" if we go by Darren's comments (and we could have gone off on him and we didn't last night, so those damn lurkers are damn lucky we didnt castrate their fav like he deserved). They thought they were just chucking this fandom on the shoulder.

But I want their ignorance and mocking to be called out. Non-malicious intent doesn't eliminate their offense. Offending and alienating the minorities you claim to accept and protect isn't "funny."

It's a lot easier to pick apart the scenario when it's written out for us. The delivery and how the show moves from it after might alter the intensity of the reaction. Idk, I think the show deserves the backlash, but people might be tired of having to fight all the time for respect just so they can turn around and blame the fandom for it all.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:33 pm

I agree.
Supposedly Brittany will say something like "Love is love" regarding why it's okay for her to now date Sam and I ask myself: Really? For me it sounds like
"Love is love, but ... not really and also not cool to portray it when it's 2 girls. Love however is totally cute and anwesome, once there's a boy involved!"

Injustices like this really make me mad, I have always felt the urge to stick up to people that are treated wrongly.
And if this hypocrisy is making me this incredibly angry, I can only imagine how bad it must be for people, who actually seeked comfort in having this couple portrayed on TV.

I will not get involved in this rage much. I'm done and hope that the ratings will speak for us. (Because "us" is not only the LGBT community, but every woman with a bit self-respect and in general people who have brains!)

As far as the idiot writers or possible Chord tweets go:
lalalala
Back to top Go down
Ato

Ato

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:38 pm

It's just such a ridiculous thing to say. "Love is love" as if there's anything really preventing a heterosexual pairing from being together. As if the power of lesbian bloggers is some dangerous force, as if oppression is not a historically and socially reinforced system and it can really just be individual subjective biases. And even the last point doesn't work because they have valid complaints, but their complete misunderstanding of "danger" as compared to actual homophobia is incomprehensible.

It's just such an outlandish insinuation that I cant wrap my head around it.

They just should have never said anything. Because they're mischaracterizing and dismissing the real issues. And the thing is, they would have had a chance to rectify them by telling whatever stories they wanted to tell. It doesn't sound like Bram is being treated all that respectfully to be honest and while they may get kisses, they dont get the emotional gravity of Brittana. But now that they've made it about "angry lesbian bloggers" disliking the ship, they're going to have to just fix it without their heart in it. And I might have been interested to see Brit and Santana date other people or whatever. But now everyone loses because the writers decided to poke and prod a fanbase and create drama that they have to fix.

Last edited by Ato on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:40 pm

I agree with everything, Ato.
It's maddening
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:56 pm

Silent Night is beautiful. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
bored now.

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:21 pm

I'm gonna report you all on GF. Just kidding!

I haven't decided if I'm actually gonna watch this ep. I really don't want to, but I feel I have to if I'm going to fight the good fight.

Also, Hi.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:26 pm

This whole situation makes me sad. It's taking one of the main reasons I watch television and turning it into something that makes me feel bad about myself. I watch television shows for the fairytale hope that it can provide. I watch for jouneys that eventually give the happy ending. I watch through the hardships and pain because at the end everything is supposed to turn out ok. I watch because I sometimes need reminding that things can get better. Now I'm being told that doing that is basically stupid and that I shouldn't care because it doesn't matter. I'm now just an angry lesbian because I care. I guess I'm just too stupid to see that it doesn't matter. Except, it does matter.
Back to top Go down
Ato

Ato

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:54 pm

I hope that the fandom's reaction and support helps in whatever way it can. In the end, these are just a bunch of self-aggrandizing arrogant writers vs a whole fandom that sees how wrong it is and that what you say matters. TV is a messaging system, but it seems so far that it's not finding traction in most of this fandom. That's a good thing.

This show has a problem with taking accolades when they do something right and saying "it's just a tv show" when they're called out. But what doesn't change is whatever you have gotten from this show. Any solace, hope, growth, discovery that you got through this show - they cant take that. Preserve it because it's yours. You deserve the credit. And let them ruin their show - cuz the rest of fandom is on your side.

Idk, it just breaks my heart and I dont want anything that people have gained from this show to feel for naught.

Last edited by Ato on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:56 pm

Shanna_ wrote:
This whole situation makes me sad. It's taking one of the main reasons I watch television and turning it into something that makes me feel bad about myself. I watch television shows for the fairytale hope that it can provide. I watch for jouneys that eventually give the happy ending. I watch through the hardships and pain because at the end everything is supposed to turn out ok. I watch because I sometimes need reminding that things can get better. Now I'm being told that doing that is basically stupid and that I shouldn't care because it doesn't matter. I'm now just an angry lesbian because I care. I guess I'm just too stupid to see that it doesn't matter. Except, it does matter.

don't we have a bowing-down smiley? Because if I could find it, I would use it.
Well said Shanna, I completely agree
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:16 pm

bored now. wrote:
I'm gonna report you all on GF. Just kidding!

I haven't decided if I'm actually gonna watch this ep. I really don't want to, but I feel I have to if I'm going to fight the good fight.

Also, Hi.

Hi.

Just read a smug post from Bee (Mod Rachel Berry on GF) that really gets on my nerves. I use to really that guy with he was a regular poster, but I hate how he keeps going around saying Brittana fans were just looking for things to be upset with so that we could complain about being victimized and a comiserate with other Brittana fans. And Romee, your my hero for telling him to get off his high horse. Brava. naya rivera

Unfortunately I have to go work though so I can't get into it on GF right now.
Back to top Go down
FluffyHats

FluffyHats

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:21 pm

There been overwhelming support from other fandoms after the latest spoilers. Many that couldn't see the shit before sees it more clearly now.

Currently on twitter "Brittana Is Something Special" is WW trend and earlier fans from South America trended something that translated to "#CancelGleeFox" Laughing Things are gonna get really really messy. Imma chuck energy drinks to stay up (Glee airs 3 AM my time), because I don't want to miss this blood bath. These fuckers deserve it all.

Shanna: really well put. What you wrote is also a reason why it is an instant piss off when people go "it is just a tv show" (hi GF mods!). They just don't get it -.-

Last edited by FluffyHats on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:49 pm

Will try to get involved in about 3 hrs. RN just skimming posts and try to stay reasonably updated.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:58 pm

Jugz da' Clown wrote:

Hi.

Just read a smug post from Bee (Mod Rachel Berry on GF) that really gets on my nerves. I use to really that guy with he was a regular poster, but I hate how he keeps going around saying Brittana fans were just looking for things to be upset with so that we could complain about being victimized and a comiserate with other Brittana fans. And Romee, your my hero for telling him to get off his high horse. Brava. naya rivera

Unfortunately I have to go work though so I can't get into it on GF right now.

Like I said before what a tool.

This guy is a monumental douche.

Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 4:05 pm

There's plenty of people on GF that got on their anti-shipping platform long ago and act so superior because of that. They refuse to see this as anything other than a petty, childish shipper whining.
Back to top Go down
Ato

Ato

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 4:09 pm

I just dont understand why those guys feel they need to comment. If a minority is really bothered by something and you dont understand it or cant empathize - why not just sit this one out?

I just dont get why anyone could think it's more important that they mansplain why people shouldn't be so bothered by something and therefore put the burden of blame on the victims because they "choose" to be bothered than to let people who are bothered explain why and have their voice. Well, i do get it, it's just disgusting.

What a dick.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 4:35 pm

I don't get it either. It's ridiculous, as far as I can see the only person breaking forum rules and 'bashing a ship' as they like to call it is that guy - a moderator *facepalm*. I'm convinced now that thread was created to allow him/her to rile people up and use mod status as a shield.

I did contemplate politely requesting he/she, ban/suspend themselves for 24hrs, but that would obviously get me nowhere apart from banned by this power hungry douchebag. I then thought about pointing out to the admins what was happening, and asking they shut him up for the sake of others. After some checking however I realised I'd be asking 2 teenage boys for help which would probably get me nowhere too (Unless someone knows them better and thinks I have a shot)...

.... and then I remembered why we made this forum and I felt a little better because we did smile
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:32 pm

Yay for today!! No dread in my heart, just excitement.

And yes, i'll add to the mod hate. I've always hated them. Except Jessica because she's weird.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:49 pm

ROFL You always cheer me up Rosie!
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:55 pm

Meh, the moderators and Admins there are chosen for their activity first, bias second (And I say this as the person 1/2 responsible, along with Steph, for choosing the moderators over the last two years [Er, I think I was admin for two years???]). Actually, I'm pretty sure it was Steph and I who confirmed user Rachel Berry as one of the last round of moderator permissions before I went fully inactive/was demoted.

That being said of course, I'm more disappointed in the whoever the hell is the Admin now for not taking mods aside and reminding them about concerns of bias. Although admittedly Admins don't actually do anything, and that includes moderating the moderators (speaking from personal experience again).

When I was an Admin, the one thing I did do, consistently, was address issues of bias and misrepresentation/interpretation by the moderating team, which I think very obviously isn't occurring with mystery!Admin (Don't even know their username lmao). Few times back when I was active in the Finchel fandom (Oh lord, typing Finchel still pisses me off, it's FICHEL FFS) during season one where I was called out for being biased and within hours the moderating team had determined a solution to close any and all debating about said bias before it could get fully out of control, ie. now.

I could probably send a PM to whoever said Admin is now, but frankly it's too much effort and I don't care enough about that forum (As demonstrated by only posting in the Brittana thread for 1 1/2 of those 2 years asd) any more to actually do anything.

The new moderating crop consists of a lot of younger people who have the time but not the maturity to be fully effective; particularly when the Brittana part of the forum is, on average, older than the rest of the forum (Much of which is 15-19, while Brittana on the forum is more early- to mid-20's average), and that's the biggest issue as far as I'm aware. They get worked up, and often forget they're supposed to be as impartial as possible.

EDIT: I totally just noticed the front page of the forum is a Bram picture, that right there is something I take a lot of offense to as the former Admin; it's unnecessarily stroking the fire.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:00 pm

Span_ski wrote:
ROFL You always cheer me up Rosie!
Good Hug

What is Naya doing in this ep? Do we know?
Back to top Go down
bored now.

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:27 pm

Mike` wrote:
EDIT: I totally just noticed the front page of the forum is a Bram picture, that right there is something I take a lot of offense to as the former Admin; it's unnecessarily stroking the fire.

Seriously!? Wow, I did not know that. I used adblock to block that thing back when they had a huge-ass picture of an actor who shall remain nameless.

voteforalice1 wrote:
What is Naya doing in this ep? Do we know?

I think she's only in it very briefly and goes off on Kitty or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Melissa

Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:59 pm

I forgot about this place!! Needed even more now with the tyranny over at glee forum!! (it's brittan4ever from gf).

Anyways glad there is a place to come too after tonights ep. Have a feeling it will be needed even more than normal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers IV   Brittana with Spoilers IV - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brittana with Spoilers IV
Page 7 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next