Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random thoughts IV

Go down 
+11
Dina
eli_
Mike`
Jugz da' Clown
Sez
Shanna_
Span_ski
Alison DiLaurentis
Charles
Isa
MissLilly
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MissLilly

MissLilly

Random thoughts IV - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:58 pm

Span_ski wrote:
Isabela wrote:
I'm might be going to "life in prision" place. help

I might be going to a death penalty place... lol

It says that about Dubai though, and I'm pretty sure there are a few, if not openly gay, gay bars?? WTF

Well, I guess it depends on what is written in their laws, and if they actually practice it.
Many countries have laws that are outdated and not practiced, but haven't been changed for some reason.
Maybe that's the case with this one?

And I must say I'm proud to live in a dark blue country. Lesbians can even get IVF here to have children. It's wonderful!
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:00 pm

OMG! I'm going to kick off in a minute. I can hear the beeping noise, someone snoring, it's so hot my eyeballs are hurting and now someone has just sprayed body spray. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!?

I need to calm down... Shame I can't fucking breathe without choking.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:05 pm

Charlie wrote:
Okay, now I'm on the bus from London to Newport. No obnoxious child kicking my seat. Yay! Obnoxious adult with a beep sound on their phone and they haven't stopped texting. Boo!

Also, it's roasting on this bus too. What is wrong with me!?

Where are you and what have you been up to, Han?

Oh! I got the go ahead for Bali! Her friends loved me and asked why they hadn't met me before. Now I just need to free up about 800 quid for the flight. Lol.

That is annoying lol!

I'm back in Buenos Aires now.. just been chilling and exploring. I went to a photography thing this morning, and then to the Cathedral. I actually went to mass... didn't spontaneously combust or anything lol. Then I just went walking around catching a few too many rays on my left arm, which is now a totally different colour to my right lol.

Of course her friends loved you! What's not to love babe?! smile

Bali sounds awesome.. it's on my list lol.

skyscanner.net is very good for cheap flights smile It searches all airlines. Options with changes are often a lot cheaper. smile
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Charlie at least it just a bus. You could be on a 6 hours train journey
mardou wrote:

Lol. I think Italy is grey.. Shrug or maybe I'm colorblind?
I think it's already been established that I am the colorblind one here mistake
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:13 pm

Isabela wrote:

Yeah, but don't worry. I was being dramatic. I have a lot of immunities, so that's not really what I should worry about.

No it's not... and that's why I worry.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:14 pm

My boss went on a roadtrip over the weekend and brought me back caramel corn. It's not going to help me get my abs but damn it's good!
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:17 pm

eli_ wrote:
Charlie at least it just a bus. You could be on a 6 hours train journey
mardou wrote:

Lol. I think Italy is grey.. Shrug or maybe I'm colorblind?
I think it's already been established that I am the colorblind one here mistake

I don't think it really matters what mode of transport it is. The longer you are on there, the more irritating it is.

However, I did have enough of trains in Paris. The metro is horrible. And people seem to think that as long as they have headphones in/on nothing they do can be considered rude...

@ Han. Aw, shucks. blush Thanks, I'll check out that site. It sounds like you're having a brilliant time. smile Jealz.

Last edited by Charlie on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:21 pm

A few years ago I was attending a college in Venice. The journey home took 6 hours by train, and every time it was a nightmare. Children screaming, people yelling at each other, taking their shoes off, eating on your lap, etc. At least on bus you knot it's going to end soon.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:29 pm

I've never really traveled by train or bus. I think this is one of my midwestern American things but I don't really understand that type of travel. It just seems weird...
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:29 pm

Yeah. The bus to London is only like 3 hours. But the Paris bus is 8-9 depending on whether they take the Eurotunnel or the ferry. And I always pray that the bus isn't full so I can sit on my own. Some of the families that take that bus are so annoying. Shouting at their kids and stuff in some African language, then in French then throwing in some English for good measure. And you wouldn't believe the stuff people bring: microwaves, clothes lines, printers etc. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:34 pm

I once travelled from here to Vienna via train. Took about 10 hours.
Also got to London by bus three times for about the same amount of hours (depending on traffic). These bus-drivers have to stick to certain amount of breaks.

I strangely don't mind these long travels that much. My knees start to hurt pretty fast, that sucks majorly (and is also ridiculous because I'm tiny and don't really have long legs that would justify my pain) but other than that I mostly just listen to music and look out the window and daydream a lot Very Happy

I really try to avoid flying whenever I can, but by now I just get through it. 1hour flight to London really beats the 10 hour drive
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:39 pm

Charlie wrote:

Isn't Dubai a no PDA place? Regardless of who is involved? I vaguely remember something about a British couple getting arrested for kissing...

Yeah, no PDA's as a general rule.. depends where you are though... most nightlife etc is in hotels so you're fine there... just not on the street or a public beach etc.

MissLilly wrote:
Span_ski wrote:
Isabela wrote:
I'm might be going to "life in prision" place. help

I might be going to a death penalty place... lol

It says that about Dubai though, and I'm pretty sure there are a few, if not openly gay, gay bars?? WTF

Well, I guess it depends on what is written in their laws, and if they actually practice it.
Many countries have laws that are outdated and not practiced, but haven't been changed for some reason.
Maybe that's the case with this one?

And I must say I'm proud to live in a dark blue country. Lesbians can even get IVF here to have children. It's wonderful!

Most Islamic countries are a bit tricky... you just have to get a feel for the place. Like UAE, and anywhere in the middle east it's a bit of a no no. Malaysia on the other hand which is also Islamic... you're probably fine. I walked into a bar there full of lesbians.... ok, I didn't notice at first until someone asked me if we were, and then I was like, oh ok. Yes, buddy all those girls are gay.. you have no chance lol.

But it's best to be careful, and find out the deal first.

Charlie wrote:
OMG! I'm going to kick off in a minute. I can hear the beeping noise, someone snoring, it's so hot my eyeballs are hurting and now someone has just sprayed body spray. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!?

I need to calm down... Shame I can't fucking breathe without choking.

Think of the zen..... not long now smile hug
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:44 pm

I'll be taking a 9hours long bus trip this Wendsday. I just hope that I dont have any child near... I love kids, except when we're talking about a long distance trip. Wish me luck! Laughing
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:48 pm

They should make separate compartments for people who want to read/sleep/listen to music with earphones and for people who want to chat or bring children. Like for smokers/not smokers. I'd call them "quiet comparments" or something
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:54 pm

Shanna_ wrote:
I've never really traveled by train or bus. I think this is one of my midwestern American things but I don't really understand that type of travel. It just seems weird...

How is that even possible?

I'm so used to travel on buses. My grandma lives 7 hours away from my hometown and my sister and I would go there all the time during summers by bus. It was awful, but normal. One time we went to São Paulo by bus. 18 hours... lol.

In the 1970s, my dad and my mom crossed Brazil travelling on a bus. It took them four days non-stop to go from the South (where my family still lives) to the North (where a brother of my mom lived).

I love trains though. I wish we had commercial trains in Brazil. When I was in Spain last June I did everything by train. It took me 12 hours from Granada to Barcelona in something called trenhotel, probably a train from the 1960s. It was four people in a small cabin, barely had any room for luggage. You had no choice but to lay down. You couldn't go seated or anything. It was weird. But at least it was possible to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Isabela wrote:
Shanna_ wrote:

How is that even possible?

I'm so used to travel on buses. My grandma lives 7 hours away from my hometown and my sister and I would go there all the time during summers by bus. It was awful, but normal. One time we went to São Paulo by bus. 18 hours... lol.

In the 1970s, my dad and my mom crossed Brazil travelling on a bus. It took them four days non-stop to go from the South (where my family still lives) to the North (where a brother of my mom lived).

I love trains though. I wish we had commercial trains in Brazil. When I was in Spain last June I did everything by train. It took me 12 hours from Granada to Barcelona in something called trenhotel, probably a train from the 1960s. It was four people in a small cabin, barely had any room for luggage. You had no choice but to lay down. You couldn't go seated or anything. It was weird. But at least it was possible to sleep.
We all have cars here and just drive everywhere. I've ridden a bus for an hour one time and I was on a train for 45 minutes one time. That's it for me. It's just a strange concept for me. I was really excited on the bus because it was just so odd.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:29 pm

Yeah, buses and trains aren't big things here either. We have like, one that goes in to Toronto every day but 90% of people drive cars. Not so much a mid-western thing as a suburb/rural thing. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:31 pm

I find it sooo cool that you guys can just like, drive, to another country yahoo

MissLilly wrote:

Nawww, Norway ftw!

--------
The bus/train convo. Several hours on a bus sounds painful. The longes time i've been on one is like 3 hours i think, and i wanted to die lol.
I'll be on a plane for 10 hours in a few days though asd

Last edited by voteforalice1 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:34 pm

We don't have trains in the city I live in, but the bigger cities does. I've only ever taken one for short distance, like from the city to the airport and such.
Bus travels are very common from here, the coast bus, as we call it. Goes all the time, from city to city.

But mostly I travel by car, or by plane. I prefer driving myself, as far as that is possible. Crank up the music, smoke as much as I want, take breaks when I want, or just stop and look at the nature etc. Fantastic.

I want to do a real roadtrip sometime, maybe stop by a couple different countries and such.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:35 pm

voteforalice1 wrote:
I find it sooo cool that you guys can just like, drive, to another country yahoo

ROFL

And I agree, go Norway!

Gay flag
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:37 pm

Shanna_ wrote:

We all have cars here and just drive everywhere. I've ridden a bus for an hour one time and I was on a train for 45 minutes one time. That's it for me. It's just a strange concept for me. I was really excited on the bus because it was just so odd.

Haha. The gas prices here in germany:

1,50€/liter which is 1,9315$/0,264172gallons

That would be some expensive travelling Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:38 pm

Also question for the US people:
You know how the SAG awards are coming up? Do they show them to everybody? Like, will i get to watch them in my hotel room? (prolly not right Sad )
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:41 pm

voteforalice1 wrote:
Also question for the US people:
You know how the SAG awards are coming up? Do they show them to everybody? Like, will i get to watch them in my hotel room? (prolly not right Sad )

I can watch SAG here on TNT. So I'm pretty sure you'll be able to see it.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:46 pm

Hope you're right yahoo

Now i have to find a way to kidnap a computer from the hotel and bring it to my room tongue That way i can watch it, and fangirl to you guys simultaneously.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:56 pm

Laptops, Alice. The invention for those afflicted with computer/internet addiction Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts IV   Random thoughts IV - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts IV
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next