Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts XVII

Go down 
+10
Tuk17
Mike`
Shanna_
Sez
Alison DiLaurentis
Charles
Span_ski
MissLilly
Dina
Isa
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Charles

Charles

Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 3:06 am

Not graphic as such. It's a black guy and his hands are red where they're covered in blood and he's holding a machete and a meat cleaver also covered in blood. He made a passer by film them on his phone and is talking about how he's sorry that women had to witness it but this is what happens in his land every day. The soldier is in the middle of the road on the floor. People are just casually walking by this guy with the knives in his hands not even realising what is going on. Then they wait around for the police to turn up and attack them when they arrive.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 6:53 am

I haven't seen it but I've heard about it. Just awful Sad
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 8:38 am

Yeah, I've seen the video now. Sick!
Too bad they weren't just killed on the spot. Hope they die in the hospital, twisted sickos!
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 10:40 am

Meanwhile, in Norway, we have gruesome cat killings going on, where they mutilate the cats and hang them up for small children going to school to see them. Horrible! We were a group out patrolling the area last night and found fresh blood, but no cat. Going out again tonight, and just now I was asked to go on the local news tomorrow morning with a few others from the group.
The police don't care, so we regular people have to take action. It's so sad that cats don't have any value, even in the eyes of the law.

And to think serial killers and such often start out with killing and torturing animals...
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 12:56 pm

They don't have any laws to protect animals in Norway? I mean game hunters are one thing, and I don't really like the concept of game hunting (hunting for food is a different story) but I could get along with some who hunts legally. But I wouldn't even want live near someone who tortures animals. They are dangerous people to have around kids too. Like you said, serial killers often start out torturing animal. If someone has the kind of nature to toture and abuse animals they probably wouldn't have a problem doing terrible things to people either. They only thing stopping them might be fear of the consequences.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 6:02 pm

There are some laws, but they aren't handled by police. Animal welfare and protection doesn't fall in their job description. They fall under the same org that handles food and makes sure that is safe and stuff (farms and whatnot), which is ridiculous to say the least, because not all animals are food or kept for food. We have wanted an animal police like the US has for years but nothing ever comes of it. The police just scoffs at it, and the food org think they do a good enough job (which they don't!).

And if anyone is ever caught abusing animals, they get a slap on the wrist, and perhaps are denied being able to keep pets for the rest of their lives, but of course, no one ever keeps tabs on these things and check that they don't get new pets f.ex.

All animal welfare here is voluntary work, and is based on donations from private people. They get nothing from the state or anything. So basically, all household pets, and especially cats that have no homes, rely on the money and time regular citizens put in.

For one of the richest countries in the world, who could afford proper animal protection, it is a HUGE shame that we don't have it.
Back to top Go down
Tuk17

Tuk17

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 9:39 pm

:tumbleweed:
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 8:08 am

It's very quiet these days, indeed.

What is everyone up to?
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 8:24 am

Yes, very quiet indeed...

I've been busy lately. Work and my sister got married over the weekend, so it was like a 3 day party. Was good fun though smile

How are you all?
Back to top Go down
Tuk17

Tuk17

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 9:32 am

I'm almost out of school here smile 2 ish weeks left.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 12:18 pm

I've got myself a new cat, Clinton! He's 14 years old. Adopted him from the animal protection service, so Lilly would have a buddy and companion when I'm not home smile And they're actually almost identical, except Clint has grey under his jaw and is bigger built than her.

Other than that I've just been out with the catguards at night walking to prevent more torture and murders, and not a single one has happened after we started walking so that's good. But I'm extremely tired after walking half the night for a week now. Hoping for a break in the case soon, because we all could use some serious R&R.
Back to top Go down
Tuk17

Tuk17

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 8:01 pm

Oh man.. If those cat murders happened here I'd be out all night too! I love cats <3
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 12:51 am

Hi guys!

I've been busy with work too. Counting the days to go to Brazil for vacations. less than two weeks now.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:19 am

Bet you can't wait to get back for a bit! Hope you have a great time smile
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 3:36 am

I'm dying to go! Also a great opportunity to escape the heat. It's been awful and the loadsheding is getting worse. Only 12 hours of eletricity each day and temperature around 40C.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 3:58 am

I think I'd die without aircon in that. Well, not die, but it would be unpleasant... I've done it before, many times and it's not remotely fun. Are you flying straight to PA when you head back? It'll be a lot cooler there for sure. Probably about the same as here I would imagine. A nice temp smile

We're actually getting really nice weather here for a change. A nice break from the cloud and rain lol. We've had some lovely days, and today looks like another great one. I'm tempted to cut the grass instead of painting my flat (which I should carry on with). I think it's an outside day for sure though smile
Back to top Go down
Tuk17

Tuk17

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm

Dina's birthday? Happy birthday!!! stars
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:45 am

Happy birthday Dina!!! Hope you had a great day! stars
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 9:48 am

Guys Hug Miss you. Will be back when exams are over. (and also when the premier of PLL airs lolol).
My life has been so weird.

And Happy Birthday Dina! Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 4:06 am

Yessssssss! Surfing today. Woop woop!
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 5:45 am

Have fun Charlie! Seems like a lovely day for it! Not been surfing in a long time, hope you enjoy it mate smile
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 9:51 am

Thanks for your birthday-wishes everyone. I was very impressed with your german, Lily!
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 3:44 pm

Ah yes, my skills to google things continues to impress Laughing

Hope you had a good celebration Dina smile
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 6:41 pm

I'm in Brazil, waiting for my next flight to go to my hometown smile
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 3:27 pm

Have fun, Isa smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts XVII
Page 20 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 43  Next