Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Cat thread

Go down 
+10
Span_ski
Phyxrak
Shanna_
Alison DiLaurentis
Jugz da' Clown
Charles
eli_
Mike`
MissLilly
Isa
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
eli_

eli_

The Cat thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 1:51 pm

Well, my sister wanted to call her Seppia, which means cuttlefish. I wanted to name her Santana. We had to compromise. And Maria because everyone should have a third name!
= Santana Seppia Maria.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:32 pm

Phebe is named after Phebe in As You Like It. I'm a theatre nerd...
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:34 pm

Buddy because he's my buddy? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:37 pm

My sister's cats are named Penny and Bazinga Laughing
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:57 pm

She should buy another one and call him Raj, and make him Penny's boyfriend, if you know what I mean Laughing
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:03 pm

Mike` wrote:
Buddy because he's my buddy? Laughing

Cute and simple! I like it. You guys are so alike when it comes to these things. My dad has a dog which is named Tjommi, which is like some sort of norwegian street slang for buddy, believe it or not Laughing

Isabela wrote:
My sister's cats are named Penny and Bazinga Laughing

That is awesome, I like her style asd

Names are so fun though, because there's always a reason someone gets the name they get, and it's so fun to learn why Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:06 pm

LOL I don't think my sister can handle a third cat...

We they were young, Penny and Bazinga got lost for 5 hours inside my sister's apartment. My sister was so desperate she thought the pizza delivery guy had stolen them... lol... In the end they got stuck behind a wardrobe and couldn't get out, poor things.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:12 pm

My sister's cats are called Malcolm and Mickey... I think I posted a picture of them on glee forum ages ago?

I would like to have a cat again. I miss having one around, but it's obviously not practical for me at this precise moment lol, but I look forward to having one again sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:07 pm

I was listening to "Love Cats" by The Cure today and I thought of this thread. Very Happy

Funny, the only way to buy this song off itunes is to buy the whole soundtrack to the movie D.E.B.S. (most ridiculously funny, cheestastic lesbian movie ever, BTW). Great soundtrack too. /off topic
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:21 am

The Cat thread - Page 2 Tumblr_lywzr5JbuI1r8a35yo1_500
still 5 days with this thing on

The Cat thread - Page 2 Tumblr_lyv83sX7Bi1qcvefzo1_400
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Awwww ^

So, funny story about my cat (though, probably funnier if you'd have seen it)

She was well asleep in a chair, and probably dreaming something because her tail started going back and forth. This went on for a little while until her tail swiped her across her face. She jumped straight up, at least one metre in the air I am sure, and landed with her back up in defense mode.
At this point I was literally laughing so much I couldn't breathe, and when the cat finally realised that there was nothing there, she just sat and stared at me all offended, like I had done something to wake her up.

It was so funny, I still laugh to this day when I think about it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 5:25 pm

Jugz da' Clown wrote:
I was listening to "Love Cats" by The Cure today and I thought of this thread. Very Happy

Funny, the only way to buy this song off itunes is to buy the whole soundtrack to the movie D.E.B.S. (most ridiculously funny, cheestastic lesbian movie ever, BTW). Great soundtrack too. /off topic

I do love that film it is super cheesy but super fun! I also like to song as it happens too smile... and yes whole whole soundtrack too also... blah off topic blah lol

---

Eli, she seems to have perked up a lot in the past few days by the looks of the picture! I'm sure the 5 days will fly by smile

Lilly... I laughed at that story... it's such a cat thing to do.. give you evils because they 'think' you've disturbed them Laughing

So on topic... I went to the botanical gardens here in BA this afternoon... and there were loads of lovely cats there... like loads! Incidentally I have more pictures of cats than of plants lol... Some of plants and cats though.. I will try and post a few later.

So If you're ever in Buenos Aires, now you know where to go for your cat fix... smile

Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 3:19 am

The Cat thread - Page 2 1324316240_cat_jumps_off_balcony_ledge
wtf?!
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:27 pm

The Cat thread - Page 2 422598_324114777634653_236124369767028_974890_335135278_n
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 6:44 pm

The Cat thread - Page 2 Lilly310

I took the office chair into the living room today, because my cousin needed to sit closer to the TV when he plays his PS3. And my cat absolutely loves this chair, so she hijacked it Laughing
She clings to it like you see here in the photos, and then she goes all crazy, rubbing her head on it, and get this wild look like she sees something she wants to chase. She's hilarious to watch, so I had to take some photos of her and share Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:13 pm

^^she's a beauty! And she's so big! Mine is so small in comparison!
Anyway, today was the day we were going to take off her collar, the elizabethan cone or whaterver its name is. I wrote it on my calendar. Yesterday I told her over and over again "tomorrow at this hour you'll be free". Then this morning I call the vet and he's like "oh no maybe it's too soon let's wait until monday"
overreact
I swear to God he just didn't want to do it today. It's been 10 days. I get she's only a cat to you, but she's not to me.

overreact overreact overreact
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:24 pm

Yeah, she's big. Real sturdy as well. You'll probably see yours plump out as well now that she's been neutered smile

Can't you take the cone off her yourself? I guess she's probably had it on for long enough now. mine only wore theirs for a couple days.

How does her operation wound look?
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:35 pm

Wound still looks pretty ugly, but I guess that's normal? The problem is that she still got stitches, and I'm afraid she's going to bite them off again. I SO want to take the thing off though.

Vet says we need to get her on a real strict diet because most cats tend to become fat and die or something. Er, nice.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:50 pm

I never put mine on a diet. Not that I ever was adviced to either... Sure, they get a little bit bigger than those not spayed and neutered, but not to an unhealthy degree. They just look well fed, like they're being taken care of, which they are naturally.
I think your vet sounds a little scaremongering. She's not going to get fat and die, unless you overfeed her.

Yeah, I guess it's normal to look a bit ugly until you can see that the skin is growing together.
Do you wash it, and have ointment on?
It's so many years ago I had mine done, that I don't remember exactly. But they had the stiches in for a while, and I had to remove them myself. I don't remember what I did to not get the cats to bite at it though, becase they only wore the cones for a couple days.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 4:00 pm

They have a blue ointment on. I was instructed not to touch them, not remove the cone and wait for the vet to do it. He said it would take a week, but now apparently a week isn't enough?
She's fine though, she eats and jumps around and do everything, the only problem is that she can't lick herslef, so she just keep licking the inside of the cone, it's pretty sad.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 4:12 pm

It's probably done a bit different now then. Also, different countries and all. I had to keep my cats wound clean, and have an ointment on that I got from the vet. Plus I had to do everything else after, take the cones off and remove the stitches when the skin had healed enough.
All I got was a piece of paper with instructions.

Guess your kitty will just have to wait til Monday. I understand it sucks though! Especially when you're told one thing and it's suddenly changed, and when you've promised your cat.
I always feel bad when I have promised mine something and I can't keep it.
Hopefully the weekend will go quick smile
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:41 pm

The Cat thread - Page 2 429384_325736787472452_236124369767028_978389_1192411920_n

aww
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:29 pm

It's always funny to me how my cat smells like fabric softened at times. She spends so much time in bed and under the blankets that she's turned dryer sheet into her favorite perfume.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:46 pm

Did you guys read/watch Garfield growing up? I used to love Garfield.

I just thought of the Disney movie Oliver & Company and suddenly I really want to watch it.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 12:07 am

Oliver and Company was so much fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cat thread   The Cat thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Cat thread
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next