Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Disney Thread

Go down 
+5
cinco
Isa
Jugz da' Clown
MissLilly
eli_
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
eli_

eli_

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 pm

AKA guys I'm boreddddd.
*dramatic reading*
You all watched the movies. You can quote that shit up. You know the songs. We might as well talk about it.

So let's start with them Princesses, shall we? When I was a kid every year a new movie came out with a new princess in it, and the more I grew up, the more I fell for them Laughing
in primary school I had pretty major crushes on Pocahontas and Megara. Then, Jane.

The Disney Thread Disney-princess_45456_3
she was so awkward and a bit tomboiysh and asdfghjk.

and then... Helga Sinclair. BAM.The Disney Thread 342px-Helga
from Atlantis. She was one of the bad guys. At the end of the movie she died and I was so in denial that I made up a detailed headcanon where she was rescued by some random atlantean guy and lived happily ever after Laughing I was twelve.

so... name your favorite disney princess! and prince too, if you're into that kind of stuff. and movie, and stuff.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 6:08 pm

Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid was my favorite movies. Mostly for the songs. I don't think I ever had a favorite character, princess or otherwise.

Well, maybe Simba from the Lion King. He was such a cutie.

The Disney Thread Simba-the-lion-king-30983414-292-400

smile
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 8:34 pm

The Little Mermaid is my favorite. How can you not think Ariel is the cutest thing ever when she combs her hair with a fork at the dinner table? lulz It also has the best music.

And because of this thread I decided to watch Bedknobs & Broomsticks, which I bought on DVD really cheap a couple weeks ago. I love this movie so much when I was a kid.

Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 1:37 am

eli_ wrote:
and then... Helga Sinclair. BAM.The Disney Thread 342px-Helga
from Atlantis. She was one of the bad guys. At the end of the movie she died and I was so in denial that I made up a detailed headcanon where she was rescued by some random atlantean guy and lived happily ever after Laughing I was twelve.

ROFL

------------

I always loved Fantasia.

The Disney Thread Disney-fantasia_1

The Disney Thread Engel01a_Fantasia-hippo_gat
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 4:59 am

Disney thread !!!!!! YAY

Favourite Disney movies:

1. The Lion King
2. Fantasia
3. Aladdin
4. Alice in Wonderland
5. Lady and the Tramp

favourite princess: well the two opposites. Snow White and Meg (who isn't technically a princess, I know)

The Disney Thread Meg_hercules

What I like about Snow White? Her purity.

The Disney Thread Thumbnail

Also, centaurette-mention

^
the Disney studios in their earliest days regarding film-making and already at their creative peak, Fantasia is just breathtaking

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

I always feared them going to cgi with their princesses, but Tangled was a pleasant surprise and if you might not have seen it, it is very recommendable and by moments catches the spirit of the classic Princess movies.

The Disney Thread Tangled-baby

This is pure magic:

I also like Tiana, yet I regret that she was more frog than human throughout the movie.

favourite Princess song: Part of your World

Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 5:53 am

I loved Bednocks and Broomsticks too! wasn't there a scene where all the suits of armor started walking?

I'm not sure about Tangled. I had high expectation, and then the story was just stupid. Idek, I thought Pixar movies were so much better than that (animation was incredible though).

speaking of Pixar, I can't wait to see
The Disney Thread 1569
but I'll have to wait until September so see it here Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 6:31 am

Really? The European release is in September and not earlier? Oh.

Anyway, I always consider Pixar movies as something separate from the Disney canon.
They are great, but they are starting to lose their touch.
Really imaginative stuff like Ratatouille, Wall-E or Up haven't been made anymore in recent years.

I also have to mention Lilo & Stitch though. It's cute, it's heartwarming, it has watercoloured backgrounds. I'm not so into the space angle of that movie, but Lilo's story is endearing.

"Ohana means nobody gets left behind."
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 6:33 am

OMG yes! Lilo & Stitch!
IMO in the last 10 years disney made only 2 movies worth watching: L&S and The Emperor's New Groove.

and Pixar is losing is touch? have you seen Toy Story 3?
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 6:45 am

Toy Story 3 was great. But Cars 2... ughhh.
And they are gonna do another Monsters Inc. movie.
So then I ask, what's with all the sequels suddenly? Easy money? Marketable characters?
I want to see something genius again like Anton Ego's speech at the end of Ratatouille, I want to have the feeling of being totally broken after that sad speechless Up-montage in which a whole life of love is shown in a mere minutes, with the pain of not being able to have children and the inevitability of ending up alone in the end. Or the amazement of a little robot for the junk he finds on an abandoned earth.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 7:04 am

awww the UP opening sequence Crying or Very sad

I don't know, I completely avoided both Cars and Cars 2... kids stuff
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 8:51 am

eli_ wrote:
I don't know, I completely avoided both Cars and Cars 2... kids stuff

It's not the fact that it is kids stuff that bothers me, it is the blatant merchandising surrounding it. At least the first movie had a theme about the sad fate of those old villages aside route 66, but the second one? What was that besides a cavalcade of product placement for toy cars...

eli_ wrote:
awww the UP opening sequence Crying or Very sad

I always need heaps of time to recover from that sequence. Crying or Very sad

The Disney bluray-releases are just stun-ning! Those diamond editions! Drool
examples: a lot of pivotal silly symphonies are included on the Snow White Diamond Edition.
And Alice in Wonderland has a great documentary of Lewis Carroll interwoven with the audiocommentary.
And Lady and the Tramp in gorgeous CinemaScope is a sight to behold.

The Disney Thread 5540_5

Besides those examples, all those diamond editions have loads of background material, making-ofs, concept art galleries, interviews...
They are the most complete bluray installments I ever saw.
Such a shame their recent releases lack that extra star treatment.
For some reason movies like The Aristocats or Tarzan don't get that extra polish.
Back to top Go down
Phyxrak

Phyxrak

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 12:13 pm

My favorite movie of all time ever is Aladdin. Genie is the freakin shit, Jasmine is my favorite princess and Aladdin my fav prince. I love all three movies (even if Return of Jafar was kinda lame). The cartoon series was badass. If you look closely enough during the wedding in Aladdin and the Kind of Thieves you can see some of the Tv show characters there.
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 1:11 pm

my fav..
The Disney Thread Tumblr_m5tufczL5N1ryppxio1_500
The Disney Thread The-Aristocats-Wallpaper-the-aristocats-6370051-1024-768
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 1:04 pm

The ones I own are in blue.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Pinocchio
Fantasia
Dumbo
Bambi

Saludos Amigos
The Three Caballeros
Make Mine Music
Fun and Fancy Free
Melody Time
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
Cinderella
Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan
Lady and the Tramp
Sleeping Beauty
One Hundred and One Dalmatians
The Sword in the Stone
The Jungle Book
The Aristocats
Robin Hood
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
The Rescuers
The Fox and the Hound
The Black Cauldron
The Great Mouse Detective
Oliver & Company
The Little Mermaid
The Rescuers Down Under
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
The Lion King

Pocahontas
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Hercules
Mulan
Tarzan
Fantasia 2000

Dinosaur
The Emperor's New Groove
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Lilo & Stitch
Treasure Planet
Brother Bear
Home on the Range
Chicken Little
Meet the Robinsons
Bolt
The Princess and the Frog
Tangled
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 1:11 pm

I have all the old VHS, and all the Pixar ones in blue-ray
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 1:15 pm

I had a few on vhs but I gave them away when I upgraded.
I keep buying them again and again though.
Example: throughout the years I have had The Lion King on vhs, dvd and now bluray.
I even used to have an audiocassette that contained the story of The Lion King together with the music.

Yeah, it's hopeless. With every upgrade I seem to hop on the wagon.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 2:59 pm

LOL I get where you're coming from. If I had the money I'd so do the same thing
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 7:23 am

I know, they are EXPENSIVVVVVE !!! And then there is that vault system. vodoo
I have to wait another two years until Peter Pan or 101 Dalmatians are available again.

And then there is The Great Mouse Detective.
I always wondered... is this song about what I think it is?

Oh my!
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:24 pm

Haha, oh my, indeed!

It reminds me of a video I saw once about sexual subliminal hints in Disney movies, where it pointed out where you could see the shape of penises drawn in buildings and such, and the word sex written over the sky with clouds or stars etc.
Bunch of perverts making these kids cartoons Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
cinco

cinco

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:12 am

And then there is the stuff they copied from their own older movies. (after Walt Disney's death)
A notable example of this was Robin Hood, which took whole sequences from Snow White.
You could call it self plagiarism.

The Disney Thread Disney05

Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:45 am

I guess copying the movements instead of coming up with a whole new animation was easier and quicker
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:27 am

Indeed. It was the period that they had to do serious budget cuts to keep the studio alive.
The situation at Disney's animated feature department stayed dark until the Broadway duo Alan Menken and Howard Ashman revived the concept of the Disney Princess Musical with The Little Mermaid and started a renaissance for the Disney animated features.
And people could believe in dreams again. smile

Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:48 am

I lived the most of that Disney revival when I was a kid. Good times! stars
They reached their quality peak with the Lion King IMO, and went downhill after that.
But then... Pixar!
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:52 am

I still think Disney's Tarzan is a bit underrated.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:28 pm

oh I love Tarzan. The music! Better than Pocahontas IMO. But in general Disney was going downhill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Disney Thread   The Disney Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Disney Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next