Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random thoughts II

Go down 
+13
Melissa
Sez
Dina
eli_
mardou
House Carl
Jugz da' Clown
Isa
MissLilly
Charles
Span_ski
Shanna_
Alison DiLaurentis
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike`

Mike`

Random thoughts II - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:26 am

MissLilly wrote:
Mike` wrote:
MissLilly wrote:
Aint it wonderful to be sober? Clear headed and all?
You know it's getting to be a problem if you can't function normally, like sleep, without substances.
I wish you'd be careful, and maybe re-evaluate what you are doing. What if the day comes and pot won't be enough anymore? Is that the life you want for yourself?

Sure, it's great to be sober... during daylight hours. As far as functioning normally, I don't remember a time I consider myself functioning period, yet alone normally regardless of what chemical reactions are occurring in my brain.

What I'm doing is being stupid while I've got the time and I'm at the point in my life where stupidity is near mandatory. I'm a smart kid, know what to do and the best way of doing it in the laziest, most efficient way possible; I'm also super self-aware of both my addiction and my justifications. I've spent a long time debating the merits of what I do against what I don't do, and so far I've come to the conclusion that life is too short, people are too stupid, and it's a fantastic way to come home after a long day when all you want to do is hide in your room and not see people for an entire night.

That all being said, I've seen doctors regarding insomnia and sleep apnoea and they've concluded that my smoking pot is an effective 'cure' for said insomnia. Also for depression, but that's another animal all together.

Well, I know about depression. I also know that it's easy to fall in the hands of drugs in such a state. I've never been addicted myself, but I grew up in it. I've seen it happen to far too many people in my life. And it always starts out with it being a "solution" to a problem, but then it turns into a symptom of the problem, and eventually evolves to get bigger than the original problem.
I don't doubt that you're a smart kid. But do never get cocky enough to believe that you can control drugs and the effect they have on you if you get in it's claws.

Normally I don't react if people choose to smoke pot every now and then. I have friends that do it. But that's a couple times a month. When it is every day it is a problem, when you need it to accquire a desired effect, it's a problem.

I don't mean to be harsh, Mike, so I hope you don't take it that way. I am just concerned. Drugs are not cool, drugs are never a solution or a cure. It's a gateway to a life I can promise you that you don't want.
And if there is any chance that a few words written here can be a persuading factor somewhere down the line if/when you are making a descicion to try something else, then I'll be a buzz kill for a moment and take that chance.

Find better ways of dealing, and keep the rest of it to a minimum.

You considered that harsh? tongue

I do see your arguments, and I completely accept their validity; don't for a second think I'm just ignoring what you're saying. That being said, I don't like the "gateway" argument, at least not with marijuana. I've been smoking at least once a month since I was like 12 years old, and I can say, and believe myself without an inch of doubt, that I've never been tempted to do anything harder. I understand my mental state and I firmly believe that acid and harder drugs are things that my mind won't be able to comprehend, understand, or cope with. Smoking pot is a way of coming home after a long day, gapping out, and forgetting the world exists for a couple of hours.

I would never, ever, advocate full legalization because I fully understand that for some people it's a dangerous threat because of the drug combined with their own personality and brain chemistry. That being said, I'm not one of those people who smokes pot and gets angry, or excited, or paranoid. I smoke pot, play some World of Warcraft, watch some Big Bang Theory, and go to bed. I'm addicted to a certain point, absolutely; I can also go through the day quite happily and never once consider or debate smoking, and some people would define that as not being addicted at all.

Part of my attitude towards it is ingrained by family and peers. My uncle smokes pot, has been for thirty something years, he also successfully runs his own custom renovation company. My best friend's mom's been working as VP of some Ontario company, and she's been a daily stoner for 40+ years. While working at the Honda plant making car parts, every one there I spoke to smoked pot, be there 22 or 52. My town is known as a stoner town (Biggest grow-op bust in Canadian history was here, less than ten years ago), and everyone I know smokes on some occasion. It's just not a big thing here, at least in the group of friends and family I associate with.

It really comes down to one thing: Can I afford $70 a week for what is essentially an entertainment expense (For the purposes of this discussion anyways). If the answer is yes, and I'm mature and knowledgeable enough to avoid mixing entertainment with work, then it's something that I'll do to enjoy myself. Some people treat themselves to movies, fancy dinners, theatre, things that cost money. I spend the same money and still get the same enjoyment small-picture. The second I can't afford $70/week, or when it's becoming an issue of actual addiction (That is, the need to be high all the time), I will (and have in the past) stop(ped), quite happily at that.

I sere what you're saying, I really do. If I were two years older, I'd probably be more inclined to implement advice. I said it before, I'm in college, this is the time in my life where I get to be stupid to a point, less so than in high school, but more so than when I'm actually done school. I want to take the advantage and get my stupid out of the way in college, when I'm supposed to be getting my stupid out of the way. That said, two years is a long time and it's impossible to guess where I'll be at that point.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:53 am

Mike` wrote:

In my mind it was tongue
But usually people I've had this same talk with before have reacted angrily, so I try to tread carefully, yet strongly enough.

I hear what you're saying also. And I want to trust your judgement, it's just that drugs really scare me, and I have to say something.
And yes, I do consider marijuana a gateway drug if it can't be kept under control. I'm not saying it always is, or has to be. But once you're the kind of person who were curious enough to try that, it's really impossible to tell if you'd also be the person curious about other things as well.
For your sake, I hope it never gets to be more than what it is right now.

I feel like I have to say sorry for butting in, in your business. I hope you didn't mind too much smile
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:55 am

Isabela wrote:
Charlie wrote:
I wasn't suggesting that you're a bad employee! Hug

I'm exactly the same about my sleep! I will wake up at the last possible minute, get dressed and leave 10 minutes later. I don't have a cup of tea or breakfast or anything, I can do all that in work. Lol.

I know you weren't. It was just for the record. asd

I wish I could wake up and read the paper and watch TV and do things slowly, but I just can't do that. I have been trying to have breakfast everyday at home though, that's progress already.

I know you weren't but I just wanted to clarify. smile

I never have breakfast at my house. I hardly ever eat breakfast anyway actually. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:58 am

MissLilly wrote:
Mike` wrote:

In my mind it was tongue
But usually people I've had this same talk with before have reacted angrily, so I try to tread carefully, yet strongly enough.

I hear what you're saying also. And I want to trust your judgement, it's just that drugs really scare me, and I have to say something.
And yes, I do consider marijuana a gateway drug if it can't be kept under control. I'm not saying it always is, or has to be. But once you're the kind of person who were curious enough to try that, it's really impossible to tell if you'd also be the person curious about other things as well.
For your sake, I hope it never gets to be more than what it is right now.

I feel like I have to say sorry for butting in, in your business. I hope you didn't mind too much smile

Some people do react angrily, and those are the people who shouldn't be smoking pot. For some people, it reacts with their brains and makes them violent, or paranoid, or so on. I know that, I've seen that first hand, but I also know how it affects me, and I see your point about curiosity but I think in my specific case it's negated simply because I am so self-aware, and understand that I'm not the type of person who can handle hard drugs, hence my staying away from them.

As far as butting in, not at all. I love discussions like this, it provides a basis for forming and developing my life. If you consider this butting in, you should do it more often. tongue
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:01 am

Charlie wrote:
Isabela wrote:

I wish I could wake up and read the paper and watch TV and do things slowly, but I just can't do that. I have been trying to have breakfast everyday at home though, that's progress already.

I never have breakfast at my house. I hardly ever eat breakfast anyway actually. Lol.

I know you weren't but I just wanted to... wait what? asd

Oh well, things are so slowly at work I might bring a book for the afternoon.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:15 am

Mike` wrote:

As far as butting in, not at all. I love discussions like this, it provides a basis for forming and developing my life. If you consider this butting in, you should do it more often. tongue

I'm glad you're taking it so well actually smile
It's not something I'm used to, and probably why I feel like I'm putting my nose where it doesn't belong, in the very rare times I feel like I have no choice but to do it, when I react strongly to something.
The "lesson" I was taught in life was to close my eyes and mind my own business as much as possible, so I guess I'll take this little talk then as a new lesson to do otherwise, and try to butt in more Wink
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:29 am

MissLilly wrote:
Mike` wrote:

I'm glad you're taking it so well actually smile
It's not something I'm used to, and probably why I feel like I'm putting my nose where it doesn't belong, in the very rare times I feel like I have no choice but to do it, when I react strongly to something.
The "lesson" I was taught in life was to close my eyes and mind my own business as much as possible, so I guess I'll take this little talk then as a new lesson to do otherwise, and try to butt in more Wink

I think I'm more the exception than the rule. tongue I happily admit my flaws, they make me who I am (Possibly to the point that I'm proud of them and don't actually want to fix them). Majority of people don't want to hear that there's things wrong with them, or that they're flawed in major ways.

Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:41 am

I'm watching The Sue Sylvester Shuffle right now, and I never noticed how Chord and Cory almost crack up while they are "challenging" each other on who would be the better leader for glee club.
You can see, how they are trying so hard to hold back their laughter and act all "manly" and serious - it's hilarious Laughing
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:50 am

Isabela wrote:
Charlie wrote:
Isabela wrote:

I know you weren't but I just wanted to... wait what? asd

Oh well, things are so slowly at work I might bring a book for the afternoon.

yahoo Huh? Shrug
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:54 am

Charlie wrote:
yahoo Huh? Shrug

Laughing Just joking on repeating sentences, Charlie.

Hug

Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 am

smile Hug You're so mean. Sad I can't concentrate on things like that when I have someone on the phone telling me the wind blew their roof off. Lmao.

I recently bought a book called Ammonite on my Kindle but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I also have the Girl With 'blah, blah, blah' books on there which I haven't actually read either. All I've done recently is watch TV.

What do you plan on reading later?
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:28 am

MsFalange wrote:
I'm watching The Sue Sylvester Shuffle right now, and I never noticed how Chord and Cory almost crack up while they are "challenging" each other on who would be the better leader for glee club.
You can see, how they are trying so hard to hold back their laughter and act all "manly" and serious - it's hilarious Laughing

Hehehe.

Oh, I forgot to tell you. My German friends made me watch Dinner For One the other day. Was it you that mentioned it at some point?
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:35 am

uuuhm could be, we (meaning my friends and I - not all germans! Just to make that clear Laughing) sort of always make a drinking game out of it.
I just had a discussion with my sister and she told me, that no other country watches Dinner for one like we germans do.
It is constantly on on New Years Eve! It's a funny tradition, epecially since it's only a mediocre sketch at best, and we normally translate everything - but not Dinner for one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:39 am

MsFalange wrote:
uuuhm could be, we (meaning my friends and I - not all germans! Just to make that clear Laughing) sort of always make a drinking game out of it.
I just had a discussion with my sister and she told me, that no other country watches Dinner for one like we germans do.
It is constantly on on New Years Eve! It's a funny tradition, epecially since it's a mediocre sketch at best, and we normally translate everything - but not Dinner for one Very Happy

Yeah, I'd never seen it before. They were telling me that they've all watched it every New Year's Eve since they were born. Lol. They also explained about it always being shown in English and stuff. I thought it was pretty funny, it made me chuckle a couple of times.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:52 am

Dinner for one ist the New Year's tradition here - and it has been for ages.
There is some guy who wrote this huge analysis about why the germans love this sketch so much and that it's sumliminal and unconsciously laughing about their own past - the third Reich and that todays youth will not laugh about in anymore since that part of our history is no longer that pivotal to us (never experienced that time and only know from our grandparents stories)
My reaction to that: WTF

I just think that old traditions die hard and it's always funny to almost speak along with James and Miss Sophie Wink
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:01 am

Sorry I've been a bit slow today. I've been trying to make an effort to actually sit down and talk to my mum. She actually took it really well when I told her I was going away again.

Charlie wrote:
On a sort of related note: I really don't understand this Tumblr business. I just don't get it. Like, why? It doesn't seem all that interesting to me. I have an account but it got boring really quickly.

I don't understand it either... I don't have an account. I find it hard to navigate. I occasionally use it for gif grabbing but that's it.

Shanna_ wrote:
Span_ski wrote:

^ Preach! I'm all about the no labels. ... I definitely don't fit in a box. lol
I think you would fit in a box. Probably a cute little box.

Thanks lol. That's sweet blush

I may have once or twice got into the odd box to amuse my friends because I can fit.... it's a good party trick!

Charlie wrote:
MissLilly wrote:
In total there are 13 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

What in the world...

I don't know how these guests even get here. I can't find this forum on Google. Granted, I didn't try very hard but I doubt they would put much effort into finding somewhere like this. Lol.

I should probably change that and make this place more accessible... but I guess if I do that I might actually have to do some sort of moderating... and that sounds a bit like work lol. What do you guys think? Should we try and make this thing more public?

Isabela wrote:

Btw, one month today since Span (mostly Span) and I started this forum. stars

And about getting late to work. My day here begins at 9 AM. I got out of bed today at 9h30 AM. teehee

Nah, I can't take the credit buddy! It's your idea, I just set the wheels in motion. I'm happy it's going so well though, and we're all here thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:08 am

MsFalange wrote:
Dinner for one ist the New Year's tradition here - and it has been for ages.
There is some guy who wrote this huge analysis about why the germans love this sketch so much and that it's sumliminal and unconsciously laughing about their own past - the third Reich and that todays youth will not laugh about in anymore since that part of our history is no longer that pivotal to us (never experienced that time and only know from our grandparents stories)
My reaction to that: WTF

I just think that old traditions die hard and it's always funny to almost speak along with James and Miss Sophie Wink

The same as last year Miss Sophie?
The same as every year James.

lulz

I really liked the part where he doesn't trip over the tiger rug and her turns around like WTF , who moved the rug? I always trip over it...
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:16 am

Span_ski wrote:
Sorry I've been a bit slow today. I've been trying to make an effort to actually sit down and talk to my mum. She actually took it really well when I told her I was going away again.

Charlie wrote:
On a sort of related note: I really don't understand this Tumblr business. I just don't get it. Like, why? It doesn't seem all that interesting to me. I have an account but it got boring really quickly.

I don't understand it either... I don't have an account. I find it hard to navigate. I occasionally use it for gif grabbing but that's it.

Shanna_ wrote:
Span_ski wrote:

^ Preach! I'm all about the no labels. ... I definitely don't fit in a box. lol
I think you would fit in a box. Probably a cute little box.

Thanks lol. That's sweet blush

I may have once or twice got into the odd box to amuse my friends because I can fit.... it's a good party trick!
Charlie wrote:
MissLilly wrote:
In total there are 13 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

What in the world...

I don't know how these guests even get here. I can't find this forum on Google. Granted, I didn't try very hard but I doubt they would put much effort into finding somewhere like this. Lol.

I should probably change that and make this place more accessible... but I guess if I do that I might actually have to do some sort of moderating... and that sounds a bit like work lol. What do you guys think? Should we try and make this thing more public?

Tumblr actually boggles my mind. Also, my laptop finds it really difficult to cope with, not sure why. And I don't care enough to try and fix it.

I would actually love to see you climb into a box. I think I found that statement far too amusing.

Where are you going again now!? Lol. I'm glad your mum took it well. smile You must be relieved about that.

It's up to you and Isa if you wanna expand. That could be cool. If I were you though, I wouldn't want the extra work and possibly actually having to moderate. But I'm really lazy. tongue
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:35 am

Only 5.5 hours to go before I go home... Lol. I won't mind it once my 'proper' shift is over in an hour and my overtime starts because I just sit and listen to Jango and pay invoices. Hehe.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:42 am

Charlie wrote:

I really liked the part where he doesn't trip over the tiger rug and her turns around like WTF , who moved the rug? I always trip over it...

haha ikr
In our own made up drinking game, everybody was a character and everytime that character was called out, you'd have to drink (can you imagine how drunk the person who wanted to be Miss Sophie was at the end of the sketch? asd ).
Then we also had scenarios where everybody had to drink:
1. Everytime the "Same procedure as every year" phrase came AND
2. Everytime James trips over the tiger rug.

It's funny as hell when everybody is like "WOOOOOAA - wait for it, wait for it - HA he didn't trip!!"
Yes I had quite an amusing time this NYE Laughing
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:44 am

MsFalange wrote:
Charlie wrote:

haha ikr
In our own made up drinking game, everybody was a character and everytime that character was called out, you'd have to drink (can you imagine how drunk the person who wanted to be Miss Sophie was at the end of the sketch? asd ).
Then we also had scenarios where everybody had to drink:
1. Everytime the "Same procedure as every year" phrase came AND
2. Everytime James trips over the tiger rug.

It's funny as hell when everybody is like "WOOOOOAA - wait for it, wait for it - HA he didn't trip!!"
Yes I had quite an amusing time this NYE Laughing

I can see how that would be grounds for a good drinking game. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:51 am

Charlie wrote:

Tumblr actually boggles my mind. Also, my laptop finds it really difficult to cope with, not sure why. And I don't care enough to try and fix it.

I would actually love to see you climb into a box. I think I found that statement far too amusing.

Where are you going again now!? Lol. I'm glad your mum took it well. smile You must be relieved about that.

It's up to you and Isa if you wanna expand. That could be cool. If I were you though, I wouldn't want the extra work and possibly actually having to moderate. But I'm really lazy. tongue

One, day... if you find a suitable box... I'm sure I can oblige Laughing

I'm going to Argentina and then I'll travel around S America for a couple of months.. I do need to find out whether I need to sort out visa's etc though? I should prob go and look into that..... I have a valid visa's for other countries, but that doesn't help me lol

Btw.. if anyone knows any good bars (straight... I'll be with a load of bikers) in Buenos Aries, please let me know. The only job I have been entrusted with this trip is to organise the party. Yep, they do know me too well.

I'll let Isa decide then Laughing I'm very indecisive...
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:53 am

Charlie wrote:
smile Hug You're so mean. Sad I can't concentrate on things like that when I have someone on the phone telling me the wind blew their roof off. Lmao.

I recently bought a book called Ammonite on my Kindle but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I also have the Girl With 'blah, blah, blah' books on there which I haven't actually read either. All I've done recently is watch TV.

What do you plan on reading later?

I'm not mean. tears

The book I brought is "New Grammar of Contemporary Portuguese". Sounds like fun, right? trippy

Span_ski wrote:

Nah... I like the way it is now.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:56 am

Isabela wrote:

Nah... I like the way it is now.

That's that decided then lol smile
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:58 am

Span_ski wrote:
I'm going to Argentina and then I'll travel around S America for a couple of months.. I do need to find out whether I need to sort out visa's etc though? I should prob go and look into that..... I have a valid visa's for other countries, but that doesn't help me lol

You don't need a visa to come to Brazil if you are staying less than 90 days.

Last edited by Isabela on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts II
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next