Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random thoughts II

Go down 
+13
Melissa
Sez
Dina
eli_
mardou
House Carl
Jugz da' Clown
Isa
MissLilly
Charles
Span_ski
Shanna_
Alison DiLaurentis
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Phyxrak

Phyxrak

Random thoughts II - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:06 pm

Mike` wrote:
Phyxrak wrote:
I work at an electronics store, can you guess what the most common(and stupid) question I answer on the phone is?

How do I call people!

Nope.

Me- "Hi, thanks for calling Best Buy."

Customer- "Hi, I need the electronics department."

Seriously?
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:08 pm

Phyxrak wrote:
Mike` wrote:
Phyxrak wrote:
I work at an electronics store, can you guess what the most common(and stupid) question I answer on the phone is?

How do I call people!

Nope.

Me- "Hi, thanks for calling Best Buy."

Customer- "Hi, I need the electronics department."

Seriously?

Eh, I can kind of understand that, only because of Future Shop and their insistence on also carrying large appliances (Dryers and crap), plus they could be wanting the car audio department.

But that is pretty awful. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:12 pm

The Scouse accent can be problematic for me too. I do like the Scouse accent though, if the person speaks correctly. Hehe.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:17 pm

Shanna_ wrote:
Span_ski wrote:

You'd be fine... you don't have a strong accent. smile. I don't either.. if I did have a scouse accent I doubt you would have understood a word I was saying lol
I'm glad. I think I have a fairly flat accent but I talk fast which can get me into trouble.

Well I mumble a lot... I know I do. I used to get called up on it a lot, but I have got better (I hope)
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:20 pm

Charlie wrote:
The Scouse accent can be problematic for me too. I do like the Scouse accent though, if the person speaks correctly. Hehe.

I don't particularly like it... I feel blessed that despite the fact I grew up here I don't have one! lol I guess that's what having a father with no accent and a mum with a welsh accent gave me.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:22 pm

Span_ski wrote:
Isabela wrote:
Me after this phone call I just got noo

Stupid people.

I would have hung up. Laughing

I just can't do that tho. And I'm also too nice. My job involves listening to people complaining about stuff that my office runs and I'm the boss here, so it's on me. It's like therapy for them, so I understand. People need to vent and I have to listen to them.

This woman on the phone had two major points: 1) I don't listen to her. It's the fourth time I'm talking to her and she is saying the same thing all over again, I spent 15 minutes on the phone with her now, but somehow I don't listen to her; 2) This is just great, she said to me: "So, in the end, nothing is nothing, or everything is nothing, or nothing is everything." She said that to me, word by word.

yahoo
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:36 pm

Span_ski wrote:
Charlie wrote:

I don't particularly like it... I feel blessed that despite the fact I grew up here I don't have one! lol I guess that's what having a father with no accent and a mum with a welsh accent gave me.

So, you're accentless? Lol.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:38 pm

To be fair she sounds a little crazy lol.

But yeah... I know the feeling. I used to get a lot of that. When you close buildings down, and sometimes something goes wrong you expect a bit of flack, and it would always stop with me, and I'd just have to take it. Luckily I'm good at that... I had very good practice with my mother lol.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:43 pm

Charlie wrote:
Span_ski wrote:
Charlie wrote:

No, not exactly lol. I can't really describe it it kinda morph's depending on who I'm with. I'd go with generic UK, but a bit northern?

I have no idea what I sound like? lol
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:43 pm

I love a good complaint. And I work for a bank (but in insurance) so I get a lot of them.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:46 pm

Charlie wrote:
I love a good complaint. And I work for a bank (but in insurance) so I get a lot of them.

Oh Lord, that was the best part of working as a bank teller; all the complaints! I remember the one day a guy was freaking out because I'd only give him his limit, which was like $8,000 and he wanted $10,000; he couldn't wrap his mind around limits.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:47 pm

Span_ski wrote:
Charlie wrote:
Span_ski wrote:
Charlie wrote:

No, not exactly lol. I can't really describe it it kinda morph's depending on who I'm with. I'd go with generic UK, but a bit northern?

I pictured that in Victoria Wood's voice. Why? I have no idea. lulz I'm sure your accent is nice. smile
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Span_ski wrote:

To make myself sound extremely American I have to say you sound British. Very soft spoken and British.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:53 pm

Lol. I found that funnier than I should have, Shanna.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:57 pm

Shanna_ wrote:
Span_ski wrote:

To make myself sound extremely American I have to say you sound British. Very soft spoken and British.

lol. I can live with that.

There you go Charlie.... now you know lol

EDIT: I sound nothing like Victoria Wood. FTR lol
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:59 pm

Charlie wrote:
Lol. I found that funnier than I should have, Shanna.
I know that sounds funny even to me but it's true. I have a thought in my head as to what peopleh from tghe UK sound like and that was exactly it.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:06 pm

Wait, I think I can explain! In my head I can think of some specific accents and I mix them together and that's what I hear. The mix is the royals, Eliza Doolittle, Sean Connery and the Beatles!..
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:08 pm

Span_ski wrote:
Shanna_ wrote:
Span_ski wrote:

lol. I can live with that.

There you go Charlie.... now you know lol

EDIT: I sound nothing like Victoria Wood. FTR lol

I figured you wouldn't. That's just how it sounded in my mind when I read what you wrote. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:11 pm

Shanna_ wrote:
Wait, I think I can explain! In my head I can think of some specific accents and I mix them together and that's what I hear. The mix is the royals, Eliza Doolittle, Sean Connery and the Beatles!..

LMAO!!!!

Well I was going for a female Hugh Grant in mini form, but that'll do I guess

ROFL
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:26 pm

Span_ski wrote:
Shanna_ wrote:

LMAO!!!!

Well I was going for a female Hugh Grant in mini form, but that'll do I guess

ROFL

lulz
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:07 pm

I just saw this and I needed to post somewhere, because this is so absurd!!! WTF

yahoo

Random thoughts II - Page 38 386455_127198964064346_100003227285364_132758_142486265_n

And before someone asks, no, this is not what girls wear in Brazil.

Span, don't get ideas in your head just because you are going to visit Rio.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:21 pm

They look... uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:26 pm

I really hope they are uncomfortable. How could they not be?
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:33 pm

Isabela wrote:
I just saw this and I needed to post somewhere, because this is so

And before someone asks, no, this is not what girls wear in Brazil.

Span, don't get ideas in your head just because you are going to visit Rio.

Don't worry I'd probably just offer to buy them all some proper fitting beach wear. lol
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:35 pm

Lol. "Dude, did you leave your board shorts at home?" ROFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts II
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next