Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random thoughts II

Go down 
+13
Melissa
Sez
Dina
eli_
mardou
House Carl
Jugz da' Clown
Isa
MissLilly
Charles
Span_ski
Shanna_
Alison DiLaurentis
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Isa

Isa

Random thoughts II - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 1:33 pm

eli_ wrote:
Blue Zeppelin wrote:

Look where Brazil is and where Italy is. Brazil is in the middle of a tectonic plate, Italy is close to the edge of tectonic plates. Sorry, I don't know the terms. I'm sure Span can explain this better than I do.
Ah, I think I get it. Thanks for explaining!

Not a problem. smile

------------------

ESPN here is showing Jets x Dolphins.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Blue Zeppelin wrote:
eli_ wrote:
How come there are no earthquakes in Brazil?

Look where Brazil is and where Italy is. Brazil is in the middle of a tectonic plate, Italy is close to the edge of tectonic plates. Sorry, I don't know the terms. I'm sure Span can explain this better than I do.

Random thoughts II - Page 23 Quake_epicenters_1963-98

Jugz da' Clown wrote:
And how did it take you more than two seconds to understand the concept of Angry Birds? tongue

LOL yahoo

You need strategy, that was my point. You can't just throw the birds. I also didn't realize each bird had special skills.

Nah, that's pretty much it. lol.

I would guess parts of Ohio have an ancient existing fault system which the injecting can mess with to cause small earthquakes ?

Sorry I didn't look at the rocks when I was in Ohio. lol

You got your new phone mate?
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 2:09 pm

Span_ski wrote:
You got your new phone mate?

You mean me? I don't know, I'm still in Porto Alegre. When I get in Brasilia tomorrow I'll check that.
Back to top Go down
Cora_

Cora_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 2:26 pm

Shanna_ wrote:
I'm so obsessed with my coffee maker that I'm debating a trip to get coffee before work. I have 3 hours and 12 minutes until I need to be at work. It takes 40 minutes to get to a store with a selection but I need to make a stop at my mom's sometime before work. I also need to take a bath before work. Decisions, decisions....

Oh, and the earthquake was like a 4.0 so it was sooo not huge.
What kind of coffee maker do you have? Mine is such a piece of shit it makes even the best coffee taste awful. My brother got me this really expensive specialty coffee from Texas for Christmas (some local thing) and I can tell just by the smell of it that it should be amazingly good, but somehow when I make it myself, it never tastes right.

Jugz da' Clown wrote:
I've always found it highly amusing how my parents encourage me to drink because it turns me into an extrovert. I'm a bit like Raj from The Big Bang Theory actually. Lol
Drinking does that to me too. But yet I never get drunk enough that I truly get "outside my own head" so to speak. I'm always still incredibly self-aware and know just how stupid and/or brilliant everything I say is. It's just that the censor that keeps me from saying it is turned off.

Do you guys remember everything that happens when you're drunk? I always do, but apparently that's uncommon.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 2:41 pm

It's the same with me. I always remember what I did and I'm always self-aware of what's going on, I just get very talkative.

I'm also very controlled so when I feel I'm getting too dizzy I get a coke or something and then I start drinking again later. It always makse me better and I've never felt sick because of drinking. No hangovers also.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 3:31 pm

Cora_ wrote:
Shanna_ wrote:
I'm so obsessed with my coffee maker that I'm debating a trip to get coffee before work. I have 3 hours and 12 minutes until I need to be at work. It takes 40 minutes to get to a store with a selection but I need to make a stop at my mom's sometime before work. I also need to take a bath before work. Decisions, decisions....

Oh, and the earthquake was like a 4.0 so it was sooo not huge.
What kind of coffee maker do you have? Mine is such a piece of shit it makes even the best coffee taste awful. My brother got me this really expensive specialty coffee from Texas for Christmas (some local thing) and I can tell just by the smell of it that it should be amazingly good, but somehow when I make it myself, it never tastes right.

Jugz da' Clown wrote:
I've always found it highly amusing how my parents encourage me to drink because it turns me into an extrovert. I'm a bit like Raj from The Big Bang Theory actually. Lol
Drinking does that to me too. But yet I never get drunk enough that I truly get "outside my own head" so to speak. I'm always still incredibly self-aware and know just how stupid and/or brilliant everything I say is. It's just that the censor that keeps me from saying it is turned off.

Do you guys remember everything that happens when you're drunk? I always do, but apparently that's uncommon.
I have a Keurig. It's my new child. I am now obsessed with getting different k cups for it. I drove an hour and a half today just to get a couple new flavors.

I don't have a filter when I drink. It takes only one drink to turn off the filter. Most of the time I manage to stay in some sort of control but there have been a few occasions that I've woken up and been extremely confused. It's the 6 drink rule for me. It's all fun and games until that one is finished. I luckily don't drink that much that often but if it gets to that point all bets are off and so is my memory.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 3:51 pm

Blue Zeppelin wrote:
It's the same with me. I always remember what I did and I'm always self-aware of what's going on, I just get very talkative.

I'm also very controlled so when I feel I'm getting too dizzy I get a coke or something and then I start drinking again later. It always makse me better and I've never felt sick because of drinking. No hangovers also.

I'm the same too. I am self-aware and know my limit and know to drink water too and stuff like that. I don't get stupid and clumsy, I just get a lot more confident and happy and I don't care what other people are thinking. Thus my ability (even in 3-inch stillettos) to dance when I've been drinking. When I'm totally sober, I'm too stiff to dance, atleast in public. Even if I love the song I really want to dance, I just can't move. I also usually have a hard time making conversation with people I don't know that well and/or I'm attracted to. But not when I'm drinking. 8)
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 3:59 pm

Shanna_ wrote:

I don't have a filter when I drink. It takes only one drink to turn off the filter. Most of the time I manage to stay in some sort of control but there have been a few occasions that I've woken up and been extremely confused. It's the 6 drink rule for me. It's all fun and games until that one is finished. I luckily don't drink that much that often but if it gets to that point all bets are off and so is my memory.

Oh yeah, I have about a six drink limit too, though it really depends on what I'm drinking. Everyone has a limit and most people don't really know it when they are younger, like HS and college age. I didn't back then and I did a lot of stupid stuff and embarrassed myself, but I'm past that point now. It's a pretty bad feeling waking up in a strange place, really confused about what happened the night before. It's also really bad going to work hungover, which I'll never do again.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 4:49 pm

Out of curiosity, what brands of beer do you guys like to drink?

I usually have here Heineken and Stella Artois in bars. At home I like buying Leffe and some German ones. Brazillians brands I like are Baden Baden, Devassa and Bohemia, besides some other minor brands.

I also prefer weiss beer.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 4:55 pm

Jugz da' Clown wrote:
Shanna_ wrote:

Oh yeah, I have about a six drink limit too, though it really depends on what I'm drinking. Everyone has a limit and most people don't really know it when they are younger, like HS and college age. I didn't back then and I did a lot of stupid stuff and embarrassed myself, but I'm past that point now. It's a pretty bad feeling waking up in a strange place, really confused about what happened the night before. It's also really bad going to work hungover, which I'll never do again.

There's nothing I can add which will make me sound like any kind of decent individual. Lol

I have woken up in many strange places.... and im not talking about high school either. Like recently. I do remember pretty much everything though. Not always a good thing.

I can be very controlled though if I need to be.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 4:59 pm

If I'm out I drink whatever I can get that is on tap or Corona. If I'm at home then it's usually whatever I want to experiment with.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:05 pm

I drink any kind of american lager.....
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:16 pm

I've only had one morning where i forgot the majority of the night before. But i wasn't just "drunk", i was like, unable to walk haha.

I've never woken up in a strange place though. I always had a more sober friend there to stop stuff like that happening tongue ....and vice versa.

As for beer, i like Hahn. (which might only be an aussie brand lol)
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:22 pm

Blue Zeppelin wrote:
Out of curiosity, what brands of beer do you guys like to drink?

I usually have here Heineken and Stella Artois in bars. At home I like buying Leffe and some German ones. Brazillians brands I like are Baden Baden, Devassa and Bohemia, besides some other minor brands.

I also prefer weiss beer.

Moosehead, Alexander Keith's, Sleeman, and when I'm on vacation Coronas. tongue
Back to top Go down
Cora_

Cora_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:24 pm

Span_ski wrote:
I drink any kind of american lager.....
Really? Even in the UK? That surprises me, because American lagers have such a bad rep. You mean like the major ones, or micro brews?

I like mostly German beers. My favorite is Becks, then St. Pauli Girl, Stella Artois, and Heineken. Which all come in green bottles, weirdly enough. But my dad likes to bring me all kinds of weird world beers to make me try. There have only been a few I couldn't stand.

I think I've pretty much learned how much alcohol I can handle. But it's just one of those things that you kind of have to learn by experience. If you can figure it out without getting sick at least once, that's pretty impressive.

I've also learned that if I do start to feel nauseous, weed really helps. But of course you have to be careful, because if you get too much of that in your system with the alcohol, it could end up being worse in the long run. But just a little can keep you from throwing up.

Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:25 pm

voteforalice1 wrote:
I've only had one morning where i forgot the majority of the night before. But i wasn't just "drunk", i was like, unable to walk haha.

I've never woken up in a strange place though. I always had a more sober friend there to stop stuff like that happening tongue ....and vice versa.

As for beer, i like Hahn. (which might only be an aussie brand lol)

I've had Hahn its american-esque. lol
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:27 pm

^i dunno what "american-esque" implies lol... but it seems to be fairly popular amongst us here? The younger crowd mostly.

Hahn Superdry ftwww.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:27 pm

When I'm drinking, I really don't have a limit. I might go in with a plan to drink only so and so much, but as soon as I am drunk, there's no stopping me. I have many blackouts in my history. Luckily as soon as I get too drunk, my feet only walk one way, and that is home.
I've only gotten into one very stupid thing in such a state, and that was when my friend denied me going home when I wanted to. She kept me in the city, and I got into some awful stuff which I barely remember, but that gave me lots of grief in the following days.

As for beer, I don't drink it. Can't stand the taste of it. Vodka used to be my thing, but now I'm only on white wine, when I do drink. Which is rarely!

I also get very happy and talkative when I'm drinking. Total turn around from my sober state. Normally I am very "serious" and introverted.
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:30 pm

I'm not really much of beer drinker. But I'll drink it if my choices are limited, or if it's cheap/free.

I just remembered Britt suggesting "Free Beer" as a name for Shelby's club. teehee
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:35 pm

I always like to try different beers, that's why I've asked you guys about brands.

I want to try this one, because... well, because it's the most expensive at the supermarket I usually go and the bottle is different. Things like that call my attention Laughing

Random thoughts II - Page 23 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTR1NrylhOr6tKwmQ5MlmFJurTjKGbFKaE6wohRDvHYK1KChogDaw
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:36 pm

Buuuut i did have a german beer and it was awesome smile
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:45 pm

If I start the 7th drink then all kinds of terrible can happen. One of two things can happen. Option one is the attack of the evil black widow. I use anything and everything to get who or what I want. I don't do walk of shame but I have had others do it. Option two is my carefully controlled temper making an appearance. Usually if the temper comes out I hear about it because it comes with the blackout. I spend days apologizing for things that I don't remember. Luckily the temper is the rare option. I'm mellow 97% of the time for that reason. If I indulge my temper in everyday life then it is less likely to come out in drunk life.

I'll also just drink whatever people buy for me. Flirtng for drinks isn't an exact science when it comes to choice.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:49 pm

Okay, well their are kinds I prefer- Warsteiner, Yuengling, and Bison Organic Gingerbread Ale.
Back to top Go down
Cora_

Cora_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:53 pm

Jugz da' Clown wrote:
I'm not really much of beer drinker. But I'll drink it if my choices are limited, or if it's cheap/free.

I just remembered Britt suggesting "Free Beer" as a name for Shelby's club. teehee
There's a local band around here called Free Beer and Chicken. So when bars put their name out on the letterboard, it reads "Tonight, Free Beer and Chicken" - so I guess their reasoning is that they'll trick people into coming inside, then they'll stay to hear the band.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:53 pm

I'm really much more of a mixed drinks and wine girl, though. I'd also rather do shots than drink beer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts II
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next