Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random thoughts II

Go down 
+13
Melissa
Sez
Dina
eli_
mardou
House Carl
Jugz da' Clown
Isa
MissLilly
Charles
Span_ski
Shanna_
Alison DiLaurentis
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Shanna_

Shanna_

Random thoughts II - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:02 am

MissLilly wrote:
Shanna_ wrote:
It's funny that I wake up and find out about an earthquake on here. I think I missed it. I didn't hear something funny that woke me up so maybe that was it. Ohio earthquakes are usually fun because they do absolutely nothing except cause conversation. I'm kind of bummed I didn't feel any shaking.

I'm relieved! I have some americans on my facebook, and they were talking about it like it was a disaster. The exact words they used were "freaking huge ass earthquake", and then lots of "I hope they're alright" in various forms.
You have to remember that in Ohio is the earthquake is strong enough to knock a picture frame over it's thought of as huge. We have no concept of what earthquakes are. I imagine the same goes for a lot of people but we do telnd to make giant deals out of nothing here.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:10 am

Shanna_ wrote:
we do telnd to make giant deals out of nothing here.

Understatement of the year and the year is only eleven hours old. asd
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:15 am

Can't get out of bed. sleepy
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:16 am

Shanna_ wrote:

You have to remember that in Ohio is the earthquake is strong enough to knock a picture frame over it's thought of as huge. We have no concept of what earthquakes are. I imagine the same goes for a lot of people but we do telnd to make giant deals out of nothing here.

Hehe, alright, I'll take a note of that. Wink
My mind wanders straight to worst case scenarios when people talk like that.
We don't ever have earthquakes over here, but when I read "freaking huge", I'm thinking 7 - 9 on Richters scale, with tsunamis coming in and the whole nine yards.
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:27 am

Jugz da' Clown wrote:
Can't get out of bed. sleepy

Random thoughts II - Page 22 Emoticon_drums_hg_clrRise and shine, sunshine!

Laughing

Go back to sleep! It's new years day, and sunday, no reason at all to get up.
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:31 am

^^^ ROFL

I'm gonna spend my day playing games, even though I'm not good enough at this. I'm finally getting how to play mahjong titans and now I'm understanding what to do with angry birds. Yeah, I'm really not a nerd.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:31 am

MissLilly wrote:

Go back to sleep! It's new years day, and sunday, no reason at all to get up.

New Years' Day football!
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:35 am

Spending my day on tumblr!
Random thoughts II - Page 22 Tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:43 am

I'm so obsessed with my coffee maker that I'm debating a trip to get coffee before work. I have 3 hours and 12 minutes until I need to be at work. It takes 40 minutes to get to a store with a selection but I need to make a stop at my mom's sometime before work. I also need to take a bath before work. Decisions, decisions....

Oh, and the earthquake was like a 4.0 so it was sooo not huge.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:54 am

When does football starts?

--------------

Of course there are no (real) earthquakes in Brazil, but last year there was a small one where I live (that happens in Central Brazil from time to time, because it's closer to the Andes). It was like a 4.0 or something too. I was working in the 8th floor. I felt like the floor moving for 5 seconds, but I thought I was crazy. Then I looked to the others and everybody was like "did you feel that?", "the building was shaking, right?" lol it was fun. And then everybody was crazy on twitter and facebook.

I cannot imagine how would it be to feel a real, major earthquake. Must be terrifying.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:57 am

I've always found it highly amusing how my parents encourage me to drink because it turns me into an extrovert. I'm a bit like Raj from The Big Bang Theory actually. Lol
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:58 am

Blue Zeppelin wrote:
When does football starts?

--------------

Of course there are no (real) earthquakes in Brazil, but last year there was a small one where I live (that happens in Central Brazil from time to time, because it's closer to the Andes). It was like a 4.0 or something too. I was working in the 8th floor. I felt like the floor moving for 5 seconds, but I thought I was crazy. Then I looked to the others and everybody was like "did you feel that?", "the building was shaking, right?" lol it was fun. And then everybody was crazy on twitter and facebook.

I cannot imagine how would it be to feel a real, major earthquake. Must be terrifying.

Meh, Packers/Lions and Raiders/Chargers at 1:00, Chiefs/Broncos is on at 4:00 and so is Ravens/Bengals, and Cowboys/Giants at 8:00. Those are all the good/interesting/relevant games.

Actually, Saints/Panthers at 1:00 may be good, if only for Cam Newton finishing up his season.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:03 pm

How come there are no earthquakes in Brazil?
Here they are very common, so I experienced a few but nothing major.
And of course it's nothing like Japan. There kindergarten kids stay completely calm even if the whole school is shaking tailspin
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:05 pm

Blue Zeppelin wrote:
^^^ ROFL

I'm gonna spend my day playing games, even though I'm not good enough at this. I'm finally getting how to play mahjong titans and now I'm understanding what to do with angry birds. Yeah, I'm really not a nerd.

Oh I am. I love to play Words With Friends Laughing

And how did it take you more than two seconds to understand the concept of Angry Birds? tongue
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:08 pm

Blue Zeppelin wrote:
^^^ ROFL

OMG I LOVE MAHJONG. I've wasted so much time at school playing that game ffs.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:10 pm

Please remember to root for the Bengals. A playoff birth would be HUGE for the team.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:11 pm

eli_ wrote:
Here they are very common, so I experienced a few but nothing major.
And of course it's nothing like Japan. There kindergarten kids stay completely calm even if the whole school is shaking tailspin

And they get tsunamis along with their earthquakes, which is doubly destructive and terrifying.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:12 pm

Yeah, I like the Bengals; gotta root for the scrappy underdogs! Plus I get a sadistic pleasure over watching Joe Flacco never get past mediocre.

Root for Tebow and the Broncos because it's good TV and he's stupidly attractive (I can admit it) for being celibate and super religious.

Last edited by Mike` on Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:12 pm

eli_ wrote:

Look where Brazil is and where Italy is. Brazil is in the middle of a tectonic plate, Italy is close to the edge of tectonic plates. Sorry, I don't know the terms. I'm sure Span can explain this better than I do.

Random thoughts II - Page 22 Quake_epicenters_1963-98

Jugz da' Clown wrote:
And how did it take you more than two seconds to understand the concept of Angry Birds? tongue

LOL yahoo

You need strategy, that was my point. You can't just throw the birds. I also didn't realize each bird had special skills.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Mike` wrote:
Blue Zeppelin wrote:
^^^ ROFL

I love playing it too. But it took me ages to get my first win, which was yesterday. Now I have 5 wins or something. yahoo

Yeah, I'm really awful with games.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:19 pm

Blue Zeppelin wrote:
Mike` wrote:
Blue Zeppelin wrote:
^^^ ROFL

I love playing it too. But it took me ages to get my first win, which was yesterday. Now I have 5 wins or something. yahoo

Yeah, I'm really awful with games.

Lol it's patterns, once you figure out the order to remove blocks from the layout it's easy. tongue On the Crab layout I'm like 98-3 because the pattern is so obvious.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:23 pm

Two new members today! Welcome @ unwritten_99 and Brighid! Wave
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:24 pm

Jugz da' Clown wrote:
Two new members today! Welcome @ unwritten_99 and Brighid! Wave

YAY

Group hug
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:28 pm

So I decided to go buy coffee. I think I can fit everything in as long as I don't get stuck in a lot of slow ass traffic. I've learned that hungover people drive slow and this is a day for that.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:32 pm

Blue Zeppelin wrote:

Look where Brazil is and where Italy is. Brazil is in the middle of a tectonic plate, Italy is close to the edge of tectonic plates. Sorry, I don't know the terms. I'm sure Span can explain this better than I do.
Ah, I think I get it. Thanks for explaining!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts II   Random thoughts II - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts II
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next