Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Hunger Games trilogy

Go down 
+10
Jugz da' Clown
Niklas
Dina
Charles
Tuk17
Shanna_
mardou
eli_
Isa
MissLilly
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
eli_

eli_

The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 4:42 pm

this is great!!
capitolcouture.pn
Back to top Go down
Niklas

Niklas

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:46 pm

Today I finished reading the 3rd book and now I'm having mixed feelings.

I absolutely loved the first book and I still really liked the second book but tbh I was disappointed by Mockingjay. I think I need a bit more distance of time to to give a thought-out feedback ... Anyway, I find the trilogy really special and unique and brilliantly disturbing (though Suzanne Collins went a bit overboard in the last book IMO - it left me in a depressed mood) and I can't wait to see the first movie in March!
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:37 pm

The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 40fb28b5212aee8613407ef51d39a68694558157

Cinna & Katniss!

I'm so exciteeeeed! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Niklas

Niklas

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:21 pm

The 2nd trailer is out. boogie
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:28 pm

I almost feel like crying, I'm so excited!!

yahoo yahoo
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 4:32 pm

Well said Eli clapping

Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 3:42 pm

Some more songs from The Hunger Games Soundtrack.

I am thoroughly unimpressed.

Guess I'll be holding out for the movie score. That's bound to be better.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:29 am

The premiere was yesterday! I need to find a review ASAP.
btw I'm really loving Jennifer Lawrence, she's so witty and well spoken, and she seems to get Katniss. And she's beautiful (but I like her better with darker hair tongue)
Of course the movie could be a disaster, so I'll wait to see it first.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:18 am

It's already premiered there??
Lucky!!

I still have 10 days to wait for it.

Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:21 am

nononono, it premiered in LA, I think, but someone got to watch it and can tell us if it's worth it!!!
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:31 am

Oooh! You keep up with this stuff better than I do Wink

*sits down and waits for reviews* Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:34 am

I just follow a fan thingy on twitter Wink
btw look who was at the premiere!
The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 Tumblr_m0tkrtHi7d1rojy6eo2_250
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:56 am

Ah yeah! Wonder if Naya was there as well.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:03 am

we would have heard if she was there, we basically stalk the girl!
ugh, I wish she was there. Preferably WITHOUT the third w boyfran
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:08 am

The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 Tumblr_m0szdsr92F1qicr06o1_250 The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 Tumblr_m0szdsr92F1qicr06o2_250
The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 Tumblr_m0szdsr92F1qicr06o3_250 The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 Tumblr_m0szdsr92F1qicr06o4_250
see what I mean? she's hysterical
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:15 am

I love her! I love you
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:40 pm

apparently nobody is allowed to post a review yet, but here's some reactions from twitter. don't know if they just looked for the positive ones though Wink
The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 WG9ra
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 2:45 pm

Sounds fantastic yahoo
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 6:48 am

As I understand it, Suzanne Collins had a lot of creative control over the movie, so if people get disappointed about things not being how they imagined, that's probably because they imagined things differently than the writer.

I've just been reading the comments on the theatrical preview on YouTube. Sooo many comments on how cute Josh Hucherson is and how he is the reason they are excited to see the movie. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 6:33 pm

k, here's a serious question: what's the deal with Finnick? Because I really can't see it. I guess I don't hate him, but it's not like I cried at everything he did like the rest of the world seems to. Actually, in my mind he looks like Johnny Bravo... also how old is he? cause I was totally picturing a 30-40 something man, but everyone else think he's 20 something?

I don't really care about Peeta either. Or Gale. Only character I frikkin loved from the start was Johanna.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 6:42 pm

Lol, Eli, I have no idea at all! The book describes a hot guy, and all the tweens go crazy Shrug I've given up trying to figure it out, honestly. Laughing
Same with Peeta and Gale.
Really though, all it's made me do is resent them for being characters at all. In my dream world Peeta ate those darn poison berries and died an awful death teehee

Johanna though I heart u
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 6:58 pm

just found this on the tumblr asd summarize perfectly what I think of Peeta, sorry
Quote :
WHAT...JUST HAPPENED: AN AFTERNOON WITH THE HUNGER GAMES
March 10, 2012, 10:35 AM: In the wake of traditional Saturday morning family breakfast, I find myself in a bookstore with my twelve year old brother. Unsurprising: the copy of Dave Egger’s How We Are Hungry clutched in my fist like spoils of war. Surprising: the table full of Hunger Games paraphernalia and paperbacks that said brother is lingering over.
“Have you read this?” he asks me. “My friend is reading it. You should read it and tell me if I’ll like it!”
Having discovered an unanticipated new meaning for the phrase, “Everyone and their brother has told me to read this book,” I purchase it. Sibling status: awesome. Fate status: sealed.
Me, 11:15 AM: Oh, I’ll just read a couple pages.
Me, 11:35 AM: Oh, I’ll just read a couple more pages.
Me, 11:57 AM: Goddamn it I, I have shit to do today. I’ll go buy coffee. I will put this book down. My resolve is strong.
Me, 12:15 PM: My resolve is so not strong. My resolve is the opposite of strong. What is resolve? Do they have it in Panem?
Me, 12:16 PM to 3:00 PM: NOTHING ON EARTH MATTERS EXCEPTING FINISHING THIS FUCKING BOOK
So join me, tumblr, on an ~exciting recap~ of my journey through this life-killer of a novel. You will laugh! You will…no, you’ll probably just laugh. At me. I don’t care; I must get it out of my brain before I like, break from sanity and buy the next two on my computer and end up bleeding out my eyes trying to finish them as rapidly as possible. I just. Hunger Games, what even are you.
Please note before we begin that this is a) very very very much meant to be tongue-in-cheek and b) I hate Peeta so much. So. Much. If you like Peeta, I do not hate you! I just hate Peeta. Be warned. With that said:
The Hunger Games: A Recap[[MORE]]
Katniss: Hello, I am Katniss, I’ll be your heroine today. On your left, notice the dystopian future that has probably given at least one YA reader horrible nightmares! On your right, see my bow and arrow. That I can use. To shoot things. Awesomely. Because I’m awesome with a bow and arrow. In case you missed that: I shoot things with a bow and arrow. Hunting. Shooting. Arrows. Hunting.
Gale: Hi, I’m Gale!
Me: Dude. You, like the people in the first five minutes of any episode of a crime-based show, Doctor Who, or House, have shown up too soon. I sense you are going to get the shaft, Gale. The shaft is strong with you, Gale. Run, Gale. Run.
Gale: Katniss, let’s run away together.
Me: NOT WHAT I MEANT, GALE
Gale: Seriously, Katniss, let’s just run off into the woods and never look back and have lots of babies I mean what I mean I don’t want to have babies unless you want to have babies in which case totally all the babies but I mean—
Katniss: HUNTING HUNTING HUNTING
Gale: Okay. Not desperately in love with you or anything. Just going to be over here. Pouting because you won’t run away with me. Manfully.
Katniss: LESS TALKING MORE HUNTING

Primrose: Hello I am twelve and I am adorable and my big sister will do anything for me because my sweetness is so contagious and I am so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuute
Me: …have you been talking to my brother?

The Hunger Games: Yo, I turn out to be a state-mandated fight to the death—
Me: What
The Hunger Games: Between unwilling and randomly chosen victims—
Me: What
The Hunger Games: Who are children—
Me: WHAT
The Hunger Games: Whose chances of competition are increased by how many extra times their starving selves put their name into the drawing for survival food to feed their families!
Me: W H A T
The Hunger Games: Oh, and we’re broadcast on live television, to entertain the people and also subdue them with the reminder that we can take their children and have them slaughtered at any time.
Me: WOW, THIS IS SUPER NOT THE LIGHT-HEARTED AWESOME LADY HUNTRESS STORY I WAS ANTICIPATING
The Hunger Games: We get that a lot.

Primrose: I am so cute and adorable!
Katniss: Today is the reaping, i.e. the reaping of unwilling child victims for the death slaughter—
Me: SERIOUSLY WHAT
Katniss: I am in the victim drawing a bajillion times because I have taken over the running of my family in the wake of my father’s death and my mother’s subsequent depression, and submitted my name to this death-contest as many times as possible to get the most food in between hunting for game to feed us and to sell to keep us moderately solvent!
Me: ….okay you’re pretty fucking badass, Katniss.
Katniss: And thank god I am in the drawing a bajillion times and not my sister, Primrose, who is so cute and adorable and who certainly will not get chosen!
Me: NO WAIT NO WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT DON’T YOU KNOW ABOUT DRAMATIC IRONY STOP THAT THOUGHT KATNISS WHYYYYYYYYY
Gale: I am in the drawing even more than you! And also I am having some emotions and feelings that seem to be the kinds of things you might be repressing, but will feel later! I’m relevant to the plot of this novel! I am! I swear I am!
Me: Gale, no. I told you to run before, and you did not listen to me. It is too late for you now. You are already on the path to getting the shaft. Sit down.
Gale: CLAP IF YOU BELIEVE IN ME IT WORKED FOR TINKERBELL

Child Thieves: I CHOOSE YOU, PRIMROSE
Katniss:
The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 Tumblr_m0osspEhus1qhpxq7
Me: Well, that gif makes a lot more sense now.
Child Thieves: Fine whatever. I CHOOSE YOU, PEETA
Me: PETA? Like the assholes with the red paint and the sexism and the…oh, no. Two E’s. Peeta! Maybe I won’t hate you.
Peeta: I would not really count on that.
Katniss: ~Yeasty memories of bread and kindness but mostly bread~
Gale: WHAT, NO
Townspeople: *Refuse to clap for tragic child murder contestants of tragedy out of tragic solidarity in the face of the oppressive regime that is really shockingly oppressive given this book’s purported target audience*
Gale: HEY ASSHOLES WHAT GIVES DID I NOT JUST ASK YOU TO CLAP

Haymitch: Drunk drunk drunk drunk drunk rumble stumble drunken tumble
Katniss: Wait, you’re supposed to be our mentor?
Me: Wait, they have former winners of this child murder contest mentor the future child murderers? WHY IS THIS BOOK BEING MARKETED TO KIDS
Peeta: ~Extended discussions of bread~
Me: Okay, Peeta. We get it. You are a baker’s son. Bread. All the bread. Lots of bread. Right there with you. I hear you on the bread.
Peeta: Would you prefer some ill-concealed longing gazes of love for Katniss, to whom I have never spoken before?
Me: Liking you is going to be a struggle, isn’t it.
Gale: YOU HAVE NO GODDAMN IDEA

Effie: OBNOXIOUS
Me: Wow you are really fucking obnoxious.
Katniss: Wow you are really fucking obnoxious.
Haymitch: Drunk drunk drunk drunk drunk
Peeta: Bread bread bread bread bread bread
Me: SERIOUSLY HAS EVERYONE FORGOTTEN THIS IS A MURDER CONTEST
Katniss: SERIOUSLY, ABOUT HOW THIS IS A MURDER CONTEST
Me: No one understands me but you, Katniss.
Gale: I WOULD HAVE UNDERSTOOD YOU, I WOULD HAVE, MEEEEEEEEE SOMEONE CALL MEEEEEEEEEE I VOLUNTEER
Everyone: Shhhhh, Gale. You get only flashbacks now. Flashbacks and memories. We tried to warn you.
Gale: I don’t like anybody in this bar.

Stylists: ~HO HO HO, HA HA HA AND A COUPLE OF TRA LA LAS, THAT’S HOW WE LAUGH THE DAY AWAY IN THE MERRY OLD LAND OF OZ~
Katniss & Peeta: I have never seen so much food in one place in literally my entire life.
Me: They should have called this book “The Privilege Games.”

Cinna: Hello, I am here, and I am ~fabulous~.
My Brain: Here, have a mental image of Cillian Murphy in gold eyeliner for no reason. Followed up by an image of Lenny Kravitz in gold eyeliner when you remember that you have seen this casting choice on tumblr. They will both be in your head, in that eyeliner, for the rest of the day. You’re welcome.
Me: Bless you, The Hunger Games. Bless you.
Cinna: Also, I’m going to set you on fire.
Katniss: WHAT
Me: WHAT
Peeta: Bread?

Haymitch: Under this drunken exterior I am secretly a sly conniving bastard with winning on my mind.
Me: Yeah, you won the child murder contest when you were a child, is anyone surprised by this revelation?
Katniss: I AM SURPRISED
Peeta: I WILL BE SURPRISED THROUGHOUT MOST OF THIS BOOK
Me: Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Haymitch: So, what’re y’all good at? Demonstrations welcome.
Katniss: Well, uh—
Peeta: HERE’S A WHOLE LIST OF THINGS SHE’S AWESOME AT, SHE CAN THROW KNIVES, SHE CAN HUNT AND SHE’S SUPER GREAT AT IT, I’VE EATEN ALL OF HER SQUIRRELS IN THE BLIND PASSION OF MY SILENT LOVE
Katniss: ….what the hell.
Haymitch: And what are you good at, Peeta?
Peeta: FROSTING
Me: Goddamn it Peeta I hate you so much

Rue: Hello! I am small and cute and adorable and twelve and I possess all the qualities of your sister Prim, who is back in District Twelve being looked after by Gale—
Gale: WHO CAN HUNT AND MANAGE TO HAVE A REAL HUMAN CONVERSATION WITH THE OBJECT OF HIS AFFECTIONS AND HAS BEEN KATNISS’S BEST FRIEND FOR YEARS AND IS MAKING SURE HER FAMILY IS PROTECTED IN HER ABSENCE JUST IN CASE ANYONE WAS WONDERING
Peeta: Shut up, Gale, it is the era of FROSTING AND MOONING
Gale: I HATE THIS BOOK SO MUCH
Rue: Aaaaaaanyway, I’m going to die tragically. Later. After you’ve formed an emotional attachment to me.
Katniss: Yeah, I kind of figured. I’m going to try to avoid doing that.
Me: Good fucking luck, dude, this has “tearjerker setup” written all over it in big sparkling letters.
Katniss: SHUT UP AND LET ME SHOOT AT THE GAMEMAKERS IN PIECE
Me: Seriously, you are so badass it is ridiculous.

Me: I want to have a cigarette.
The Hunger Games: SHUT UP AND READ, BITCH
Me: Seriously, I can take the book outside with me—
The Hunger Games: NO ONE ESCAPES MY CLUTCHES UNTIL EVERYONE HAS BEEN MURDERED
Me: No, but honestly, I just want to—
The Hunger Games: PUT ME DOWN AND DIE.

Peeta: Hello the entire country, I am a baker’s son and I am totally in love with Katniss, shame we’re going to have to kill each other.
Katniss: ….what
Katniss: ….seriously you didn’t want to warn me before you did that on live TV
Katniss: I BREAK A PLATE AT YOU, YOU CONNIVING BASTARD
Me: Katniss, I do not blame you at all for reacting that way, but I do not think Peeta is conniving. I think he is dumb. It is not the same.
Haymitch: KATNISS DUDE CHILL, it’s an angle! The romance! Play it up! The crowd will love it! Advantage advantage advantage!
Katniss: Is that what this was, Peeta? An advantage for both of us? A strategy play?
Peeta: Ahaha. Yes. Obviously. Of course. Could you say that word again, ‘strategy,’ maybe use it in a sentence? Once or twice? Also a dictionary definition would be helpful.
Katniss: Well, good thing you’re not in love with me! That would have been awkward. Given the whole, you know, murdering thing.
Peeta: Yeah, totally. Right. Seriously, though, that word—stramagy, was it? Stammergy? Oh, well, I’ll probably figure it out.

Live Television Murder Spectacular: Welcome to the Seventy-Fourth Annual Hunger Games!
Me: THERE HAVE BEEN SEVENTY THREE PREVIOUS ROUNDS OF CHILD MURDERPALOOZA?!?!
Live Television Murder Spectacular: If you step off of your platform early, you are blown to bits by land mines. If you step off your platform at the appropriate time, you may run to the supply pit in the center of the arena, where you will be brutally slaughtered by the other children. If you go the other direction, you will have no supplies at all with which to survive in the naked wilderness. Have fun!
Me: SERIOUSLY THEY SELL THIS BOOK TO CHILDREN BECAUSE WHY AGAIN

Children: Peace out, being murdered
Katniss: Peace out, dehydrated/living in the trees
Fireballs: Everywhere
Katniss: Kind of regretting the whole “girl who was on fire” thing a lot. Like. A lot.
Sponsors: *Drop medicine from the sky*
Me: Wait, you can drop things from the sky into this nationally television live fear event? Where are the branded bottles of water? Where are the random logo-clad tote bags? Did none of you see The Truman Show?

Rue: HEY Y’ALL I’M SPIDERMAN. SPIDERGIRL. SPIDER SURROGATE SISTER? WHAT UPPPP
Me: ….okay, I admittedly did not see that one coming.

Tracker Jackers: Hey hey heyyyyy, we are massive super deadly wasps that can track you through the forest like evil hornets of death and when we sting you, if you live, you hallucinate violently, including hallucinations of other bugs. SLEEP TIGHT MOTHERFUCKER
Me: Fuck this book so much.
The Hunger Games: I will ruin yooooooooooooou and everything you looooooooooove

Rue: *Dies tragically*
Katniss: *Is heartbroken*
Katniss: *Has a moment of understanding about Gale’s fury at the oppressive regime of oppression*
Gale: HI HELLO ME ME ME ME ME ME ME PLEASE ME MEEEEEEEEEEEE
Gale: *Gets yanked off-stage by cane a la The Muppet Show*
The Hunger Games: I demand that you cry now, reader. Cry. Cry. I have been designed to make you cry right here. Submit to my emotional manipulation, goddamn you! CRY OR SUFFER MY WRATH.
Me: WHY ARE WE SUPPOSED TO BE SURPRISED WHEN THE TRAGIC CHILDREN IN THE TRAGIC MURDER GAME DIE TRAGICALLY, AM I *MISSING* SOMETHING
The Hunger Games: I will punish you for this later with extended descriptions of pus.
Me: WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS

Sky Referee of Doom: Hey, for the first time ever, if two people from the same District are the last two contestants standing, they both get to live! Because we’re totally in the mercy business. Totally. Do not look at the man behind the curtain of child-on-child murder.
Me: Surely, following her Rue-inspired resurgence of hatred and mistrust of the oppressive regime that has been oppressing her all of her life, Katniss will recognize that this is a lie and—
Katniss: PEETA WHERE ARE YOU I DON’T HAVE TO KILL YOU NOW
Me: Goddamn it.

Katniss: Peeta, where are you?
Peeta: I AM THE FOREST AND THE FOREST IS ME
Katniss: JESUS FUCKING CHRIST ON A MOTHERFUCKING CRACKER, YOU BLEND INTO THE GROUND LIKE YOU ARE MADE OF GROUND
Peeta: Did I not tell you about how I am a frosting savant?

Peeta: Oh, also I’m dying of fever/blood poisoning/blood loss/starvation.
Katniss: Goddamn it.

Haymitch: Hey gurl, I will send you the supplies you need to survive in exchange for your increasing the sexual tension between you and Peeta. But not for any other reason. Just FYI.
Me: Okay, so at this point, this is a YA book about: child murder, oppression, privilege, really gruesome death, dystopian future, giant murder wasps, tragedy/emotional manipulation AND sexual coercion?
Haymitch: I don’t make the rules, I just drop the sexual tension rewards.

Katniss: This whole nursing Peeta back to health/agreeing to let him tramp around behind me in the woods like a noisy noise machine/general involvement with Peeta is probably going to hinder my chances of survival.
Me: YES, YES IT IS, PLEASE LEAVE HIM TO DIE AND BE SILENT ABOUT BREAD FOREVERMORE
Katniss: But I’m going to do it anyway. Because sexual tension rewards/feelings that I do not fully understand??
Gale: WE COULD HAVE HAD IT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Me: ROLLING IN THE BREAAAAAAAD

Peeta: So I’ve been in love with you since you were a wee bb Katniss and you sung my heartsong in your beautiful voice of beauty and I have harbored these feels silently and stoically all this time, LOVE ME
Katniss: Dude, you didn’t want to maybe like, I don’t know, come say hey at school when my father was dead and my family was starving to death? Or. Something?
Peeta: I gave you the bread of my heart. THE BREAD OF MY HEART, KATNISS
Me: I legitimately think he has ruined bread for me, how is this possible

Peeta: Oh, shit, these are deathberries? I just thought they looked tasty.
Katniss: I…you…whatever. Whatever. Let’s just take the deathberries and go.

Live Television Murder Spectacular: FOR OUR FINALE, PLEASE FIGHT WEREWOLVES WITH THE EYES AND POSSIBLY BRAINS OF YOUR DEAD COMPETITORS
Me: Dude, Suzanne Collins must have some seriously fucked-up nightmares.

Live Television Murder Spectacular: Oh, by the way, Katniss and Peeta, we were totally kidding before about both of you living. NEITHER CAN LIVE WHILE THE OTHER SURVIVES. Get to the murdering, young lovers. The ratings are going to be killer.
Me: Well, and least this can’t come as a—
Katniss: I AM SO SURPRISED
Peeta: SURPRISE IS MY MIDDLE NAME
Me: God. Damn. It.
Katniss: SUICIDE BY DEATHBERRIES
Me: NO PLEASE JUST KILL PEETA
Katniss: SUICIDE BY DEATHBERRIES!
Peeta: YOUR PLANS ARE AWESOME.
Live Television Murder Spectacular: NO WAIT DON’T DO THAT EVERYONE WINS AHAHAHAHA MERCY WE’RE TOTALLY GREAT AT MERCY
Me: Tell me that these characters recognize that they are in all likelihood going to be killed or at least made to suffer for their insolence at some point in this series. Tell me that. Throw me a bone, Hunger Games.
Katniss & Peeta: YAY WE GET TO LIVE.
The Hunger Games: Fuck bones and fuck you!
Me: Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Katniss: Hey, Peeta, so you that all my feelings and stuff for you are all tangled up with like, my feelings for Gale—
Gale: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Katniss: —and, like, uh, the whole sexual tension rewards game and the fact that we just got out of a situation that was designed to make us brutally kill each other and also we had to play like we were in love to make sure the government wouldn’t brutally kill us? You know that, don’t you? You are like. Paying attention to basic reality, aren’t you? Please tell me you’re paying attention to basic reality.
Peeta: You have broken my heartbread.
Katniss: AUGH NO DON’T BE SAD
Gale: Goddamn it.

Heartfelt reunion between Katniss and Primrose, The Sister For Whom She Quite Literally Risked Everything: ~Not pictured~

Gale: Ugh. Ugh. I hope I get to be in the next book. I hope I am awesome. I hope no one talks about bread at all.
Me: Me too, Gale. Me too.x
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:19 pm

Ahahaha! That was awesome! Clap

And I am so glad that there are people out there who's not swooning over Peeta.

I think I need to get back on tumblr.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 12:59 pm

Just ordered my tickets for the premiere on friday yahoo yahoo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games trilogy
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Random Thoughts :: Everything Else :: Everything Else-
Jump to: