Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Hunger Games trilogy

Go down 
+10
Jugz da' Clown
Niklas
Dina
Charles
Tuk17
Shanna_
mardou
eli_
Isa
MissLilly
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
MissLilly

MissLilly

The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:15 pm

If they don't like it because of violence, before there even is any violence, they had already decided to dislike the movie no matter what, is my thought. Their loss!

Gotta go catch the bus to town now though yahoo
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:36 pm

MissLilly wrote:
If they don't like it because of violence, before there even is any violence, they had already decided to dislike the movie no matter what, is my thought. Their loss!

Maybe it was the training-part? Shrug

I hate it when people have those kinds of superficial reasons for not liking something, like not wanting to see The Artist because it's black-and-white or not wanting to see Hugo because it's set in the thirties.
*sigh*

Anyway, curious to see people's reactions here. smile

Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:58 pm

cinco wrote:
Charlie wrote:
Why didn't they like it?

Couldn't handle the violence which is weird, because before the intermission the whole Hunger Games weren't even begun.

I bet there a lot of teenage girls who just want to see the movie for Josh Hutcherson or because it's trendy, but they don't actually like what it's about, or even get it at all.

But not being able to handle the violence before the violence has even begun? Okay then...
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 4:44 pm

I'm home from the movies! It was good, but there are parts I feel could have been better, but I guess that's how it always is when it's gone from a book to the big screen.
Definitely glad I have read the books though, because there's quite a bit the casual viewer won't really get, or rather.. they'll miss the feeling and thoughts behind things. I don't really know how to explain, but yeah..

If you don't want to be spoiled, stop reading now Wink

I had chills from the movie started though and all the way through the chariot ride in the Capitol. It was just one chill after another. And some tears.
My friend was reduced to a a stream of tears at Rue's death. I didn't react to that (probably because I've watched the fan made one too many times, and still find that one way more emotional than in the actual movie), until they cut to District 11, and they showed her father and the District 12 salute. That was tissue worthy! I can't wait to see that again in the second movie. That part always gets me in the book, and I loved that they included it here as well.
Oh, or rather it won't be in the second movie at all, since it seemed the rebellion started there now already... But what then about the victory tour scratch )

I really did love the movie though, and I must admit I contemplated going to the second showing tonight as well, but better judgement had me save it for another night. Maybe tomorrow Laughing

The only part that really disappointed me was the last fight at the cornucopia. The whole eyes of the already dead tributes being in the mutts was not there, and instead of Katniss and Peeta listening to Cato being slowly ripped to pieces by the mutts, and him mouthing "kill me" to them before Katniss sends and arrow at him killing him, she killed him right away when he falls down. That took away some of the suspension or something. It felt a bit rushed maybe.

But all in all Thumbs Up
And now I'm just dreading the 2 year wait for the second movie.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:08 pm

It's 2am - I just got home from the cinema.
Therefore just a short statement:

Loved it. It was generally very true to the book and at certain parts I was like 'this is exactly how I imagined it would be'.
My response after the end: "I can't wait for the second one!"

Seemed a bit rushed at parts, but that was to be expected.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:08 pm

So I saw it tonight cuz I didn't feel like waiting, but I had to rush and I got like the worse seat (I bought the ticket earlier today on my phone).

It was awesome!

I laughed at the tracker-jacker scene, when the hive landed on the ground near the sleeping campers and Glimmer got stung to death (a "Haha, bitch got what she deserved" kind of laugh).
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:15 pm

The tracker jacker scene was awesome! I was so into the movie, that when they flew in Katniss' face as she was cutting the branch, I actually swiped my own face Laughing
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 3:05 pm

Excelent news for fans: 'Hunger Games' Kills With Fifth-Best Opening Day Ever

Btw, I haven't watched it yet or read the books. I feel like an outcast. tears
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 3:14 pm

We needs to get readings those books Isa Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 3:16 pm

No worries Isa, I haven't either!

That said, I'm going to start reading them today; got the e-books. smile
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 3:26 pm

Span_ski wrote:
We needs to get readings those books Isa Laughing

Yeah, at least the first one. Reading
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 8:27 pm

I think I have the audiobooks here on my computer. I could upload them for you guys, if you want to?
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 8:36 pm

Kai, I've started reading it and I have one first thought: Damn, this really is a YA book. The language that they use in it is so simplistic that it's hard for me to get into it.

A comparison we can relate to; I think Cora's a better writer than Suzanne Collins, Cora's got a better grasp of the English language and is better at using adjectives and a more mature language.

I'm too used to reading scholarly articles and university papers to be able to fully appreciate the books I think.

The torrent for the e-books is http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7056091/The_Hunger_Games_Trilogy_PDF_eBook_1-3_by_Suzanne_Collins
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 10:09 pm

Well I just didn't search for a movie torrent, and certainly didn't start downloading it. Nope. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 10:52 pm

Loved the movie! I might have cried.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 11:37 am

Just started downloading the books. I got a lot of train time to get through this week, so I'm hoping I can get the first one read this week.

Then hopefully I'll feel a little less out of the loop on this one Laughing
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 11:47 am

I'm currently reading the first book in work as a type. Well, kind of. I can't really type and read, but you get the idea.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 4:32 pm

guess who's finally going to watch the movie!
(hint: MEEEEEE)
not reading any of your comments!!
backing out
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 2:17 pm

guess who finally watched the movie??
that's right, meeee! bounce
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 2:25 pm

And what did you think? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 2:32 pm

MMM I'd say I'm giving it a 8 out of 10. The first part was better, the games were a bit rushed, I guess.
But aren't we waiting for everyone to watch it?

Also ugh I hate that Katniss/Peeta shit.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 6:03 pm

So today I was waiting to see a doctor and TV was on the news channel. The reporter started talking about Hunger Games and this guy also waiting to see the doctor looked at the me and said he was reading the second book on his kindle at that moment. He then started talking about the movie and the books. He thinks the movie was made for 15 years old girls, while the books were deeper. He was a little bit disappointed.

LOL This movie/book is everywhere.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 6:29 pm

You get a lot more out of the books, that's for sure. I definitely understand his disappointment. But the movie isn't bad. It's lacking in some points, and rushed in some. But all in all, it's what you can expect, and definitely worth a watch or two smile

After having seen it twice now, the only part I'm really missing is a more in depth visual of Katniss and Cinna's relationship. Because you're told that they bond, but you're not really shown it.

Something as simple as Katniss not knowing her dress would look like flames when she twirled, and Cinna giving her the twirling motion when she looked at him, instead of her knowing like she does in the movie would have been more meaningful, to me at least.

Small things like that makes all the difference to me.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 5:46 am

eli_ wrote:
the games were a bit rushed, I guess.

Yeah, that part definitely needed some more space.
I guess there was also way more material regarding Katniss spending time with Rue in the book.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 7:02 am

Little thing that I missed was the pin. I get why they did what they did but I still wanted it to be like the book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games trilogy
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Random Thoughts :: Everything Else :: Everything Else-
Jump to: