Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Hunger Games trilogy

Go down 
+10
Jugz da' Clown
Niklas
Dina
Charles
Tuk17
Shanna_
mardou
eli_
Isa
MissLilly
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
MissLilly

MissLilly

The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 8:05 am

I knew about the pin, so I had time adjusting to that being changed. But I was highly disappointed back when I found out.
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 12:12 pm

If anyone's like me, and like to play games on facebook, you can sign up here for The Hunger Games Adventures game.

I signed up yesterday, and got let in today. Looks fun smile
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 5:43 am

So I'm about 100 pages into the first book. Really enjoying it so far. I reckon I'll have finished it by tomorrow... It's quite gripping.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:05 am

I've brought my Kindle to work today so I can read it on my lunch. I'm not sure how many pages in I am, because the Kindle just gives you a percentage. Shrug
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:08 am

I'm dying of anticipation for when you guys finish it, and to hear what you think yahoo

How far in, story-wise are you?
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:15 am

I'm only on page 50 right now. tongue
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:07 am

I'm right before they go into the games I think.....
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 9:26 am

I'm on the part when Cinna asks, "you're not afraid of fire, are you, Katniss?".

I haven't got much time to read at the moment. I tried to read on my lunch but Chelsea came with me and she doesn't understand what quiet time is. Lol.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:03 pm

Not enough Cinna, and definitely not enough Rue. We needed to build a deeper connection with her.
Have you seen those poor excuses of human beings tweeting hate at Amandla Stenberg cos they didn't want Rue to be black? mad first of all they all need to die in a hunger games arena, and second, that kid is like, ridiculously gorgeous. She's going to be stunning when she grows up.
And I've seen a couple of reviews saying Jen Lawrence is "too big". I mean, okay, she's tall as fuck, but not her fault if Hutcherson is a hobbit. But they specifically mentioned her "baby fat". What the heck, people? That wasn't fat, they're called BOOBS.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:25 pm

Poor Amandla! I know Rues color has been a major discussion ever since the book came out, but the general agreement was that she was black, or at least olive skinned.
And you'd think that those that found it hard to agree with that would have at least adjusted to it by now, since they've had ages since her casting was announced.
Idiots!

Jennifer looks healthy! She's perfect!
And I hope comments like that and the pressure of her career won't have her go the way of all other Hollywood celebs who's just getting skinnier and skinnier by the second.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Judging by her Seventeen interview, she's fine with being curvy.
Quote :
I’m just so sick of these young girls with diets. I remember when I was 13 and it was cool to pretend to have an eating disorder because there were rumors that Lindsay Lohan and Nicole Richie were anorexic. I thought it was crazy. I went home and told my mom, ‘Nobody’s eating bread—I just had to finish everyone’s burgers.’ I think it’s really important for girls to have people to look up to and to feel good about themselves.
also, this one I think was from when she did XMen
Quote :
I knew that if I was going to be naked in front of the world, I wanted to look like a woman and not a prepubescent 13-year-old boy…I’m so sick of people thinking that’s what we’re supposed to look like.
and it's not even like she's huge! she just doesn't look like she's starving.
(wich in retrospect might seem odd seeing how she's from district 12, but clearly both she and Gale came from some demigod superior race, so Shrug )
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Yeah, but there's been many a star saying that before her, and still...But I hope with all my heart she sticks to it! please

And as for District 12 and starving. She's out hunting for food to both eat and trade, and at home they have a goat that provides them with milk. Sure, they're not run over with food, but they're getting by.
I can understand that people envisioned Katniss more starved looking, but do they really think a person of just skin and bones would have the will and strength to roam the woods and take care of her family?
She's fit, as she should be, in my eyes smile

People get hung up on the most ridiculous things...
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 5:09 pm

I think they were just visually taken aback by a girl being taller than her male love interest. I can't even WTF
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 5:12 pm

What simple and easy lives they must have is this is what bothers them Shrug
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 5:20 pm

I think her body type is perfect. Seriously. What is wrong with people!? Having now read some of the book, she looks exactly like I would have imagined. It's not believable to picture some little rake of a girl hunting and kicking ass. And don't even get me started on the archery... Do they seriously think it's feasible that she'd get that much range from a bow that's that easy to draw? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 5:44 am

Getting sucked into the book right now, just started chapter six. tongue
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:00 am

I'm determined to get some alone time on my lunch today. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:06 am

WAIT. So what's this Rue controversy all about? I just got to where they describe her for the first time and "Up close she looks about ten. She has bright, dark eyes and satiny brown skin..."

Do not understand? Shrug
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:10 am

I know, right? Shock horror! A character looks how they were described in the books...
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:26 am

Finished the first book last night yahoo

On to the 2nd!!
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:34 am

Good effort, Han. I wish I had the time to read it in one sitting (not that you did, but still). Sad
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:40 am

I read pretty fast anyway, but the train journeys have helped. Am very keen to see how the film matches up now though.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:52 am

Yeah, I get through books pretty quickly too, I've just literally had no time to do so recently.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 7:44 am

eli_ wrote:

And I've seen a couple of reviews saying Jen Lawrence is "too big". I mean, okay, she's tall as fuck, but not her fault if Hutcherson is a hobbit. But they specifically mentioned her "baby fat". What the heck, people? That wasn't fat, they're called BOOBS.

lulz

And yeah, there's nothing wrong with Jennifer's build. It's just kind of obvious Hutcherson isn't very physically impressive next to her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games trilogy
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Random Thoughts :: Everything Else :: Everything Else-
Jump to: