Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts XIII

Go down 
+10
MissLilly
Shanna_
Jugz da' Clown
Span_ski
Mike`
Dina
cinco
Sez
eli_
Alison DiLaurentis
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Shanna_

Shanna_

Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 6:40 pm

So I've been reading a book that had a movie based on it that I saw when I was little that always stuck with me. I didn't remember what it was that stayed all these years just that it was important in my life. I now remember. It was the first time I was exposed hate and violence based on sexuality. It was on the television for people to see and try to understand. Why it stuck with now makes so much sense.

Last edited by Shanna_ on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:18 pm

(i accidentally deleted what was here?)

Last edited by voteforalice1 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:28 pm

The Women of Brewster Place.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:08 pm

Never heard of it!
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 2:04 am

Seems interesting.

With the Olympics going on, I kinda left my books in second place. Still have to finish the Henry James one.

------------------

My sister just remembered me that she is graduating in two weeks (which I had completely forgotten). And instead of going back to my hometown to attend the ceremony, I'm going to Berlin... I was never supposed to go to Brazil in the first place (way too far and tickets are around US$ 3,000), but I feel bad now... Especially because I'm also going to Sri Lanka the week after that. So, yeah, in the end I could have gone to Brazil for a week or something...
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 3:12 am

Hopefully she'll understand Isa Thumbs Up

voteforalice1 wrote:
I've been the same for the last couple days since i found out we have to do a group presentation for Uni. I can't stop thinking about it.
Okay, signed up for a group to present with. They're presenting 11 weeks from now so hopefully i can get it out of my mind for a while.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:39 am

eli_ wrote:
The Warehouse 13 editor just offered me a place in the team as a regular! Says my work was "flawless" yahoo Not bad, especially considering that I did it after a sleepless night.
And now I have to catch up on three W13 seasons, great.

Isa, I sent you a PM tongue

That's awesome, Eli. I love W13. It's a little bit of a cheese fest sometimes but it's bearable. And I love Jaime Murray, I hope she comes back. (I watched the episodes now so I know it's possible.) tongue
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:12 am

^thanks!

ugh how do you do stuff? I've been sitting in front of the computer for the past 30 minutes trying to start editing this piece, but it's no use. And the summer heat's not helping.

I wish I could work at night and sleep all day.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:34 am

It's pretty warm here again today. I can't do normal stuff okay in the heat, I just can't sleep. It's annoying.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:17 pm

So, what's everyone up to? I'm in work on my non working day doing overtime (obviously). Lol. Chilling, doing some admin while listening to music.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:43 pm

Dina wrote:
Had a band-reheasal today for the first time in about 3weeks - I really missed my boys Very Happy

First day at work tomorrow, let's see how that goes yahoo

Good luck Dina! Thumbs Up

eli_ wrote:
The Warehouse 13 editor just offered me a place in the team as a regular! Says my work was "flawless" yahoo Not bad, especially considering that I did it after a sleepless night.
And now I have to catch up on three W13 seasons, great.

Isa, I sent you a PM tongue

That's fantastic Eli! Great stuff! Very Happy

Charlie wrote:
So, what's everyone up to? I'm in work on my non working day doing overtime (obviously). Lol. Chilling, doing some admin while listening to music.

Chilling, watching olympics, sleeping at some point I hope and planning my route back to the east coast.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:58 pm

First day of work was good. A lot of input and the next 1,5weeks will be all about getting to know stuff.

Even more important though: our song-mixes for our last 2 studio-visits arrived today yahoo THEY ARE AWESOME!!
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 4:49 pm

I just had to brush my teeth outside in the garden because the bathroom sink is leaking. Feels like camping Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:33 pm

Fucking hell!! What do I do?
Yesterday I brought home a new cat that no one wanted. For 24 hours he's been laying under my bed, not eating, not going to the toilet, no nothing. He was extremely cuddly though when I sat with him. Anyway, long story short, I decided to take him outside on a leash to see if he would go pee then. I put the thingy on him, and he had no problem wearing it inside, so it all looked good. So out we went. And as soon as I put him down he takes off like a bullet and trying to get off the leash. Well, he managed to somehow get the leash off, but he was still wearing the other thing. What's it? A harness? Anyway, as he had been trying to get off the leash, the harness thingy of course was in an odd position on him, and he just darted away before I could catch him.

I walked around calling him and looking for him. I think I found him hiding under this huge tree, where I couldn't get near him, and he refused to come to me. If I tried to get closer, he walked away. The thing is, it is dark outside, and I couldn't see if he had the harness on still, and I tried to see if I could find it laying somewhere else, but I didn't find it, and really it's too dark to see anything.

Now I feel terrible for taking him outside. He's only been here for such a short time, this is a completely new place for him, and if he's still wearing the harness, he can get into all sorts of trouble, like.. hanging himself from a tree or something. Worst case scenario.
I'm just hoping he at least got it off. But what the hell can I do?? Sad
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:38 pm

I have no idea what to do. I have never taken my cat out like that. I hope he is ok.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:29 pm

Aww Celia. That's an awful situation to be in. Cwtch

First thing I would say is, try not to panic. Chances are if he's a small and scared young cat he will have gone somewhere hidden, and either warm / cool depending on how hot is is, and he'll be chilling out there. He will get hungry, so I'd probably leave some food out for him in the morning. I'd probably go for the canned meat stuff rather than biscuits as it'll be easier for him to smell. Hopefully once he's calmed for a bit and starts to feel safe he'll come back.

I really hope he's ok and you find him.

Cwtch again.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:38 pm

I've been out looking for him one more time, and really thought about the harness thing, and he has to have gotten out of it. Lilly is much fatter than him, and she managed to get out of it, so really, it's impossible for him not to. So that calmed me down at least. Was near panic earlier. Just gotta report him missing in the morning, and then go look for him again when the sun is out.

Taking him out was way premature of me though. Of course he's not gonna come when I call, because he doesn't know me yet, and then I probably scared the living shit out of him by taking him out.
But he was so cuddly, and seemed to be bonding really quick. He would only get out from under the bed when I was in the room, so.. And I just really didn't want him pooping and peeing under there... But I don't know.
He was a rescue cat 4 years ago, and before he came here he was on his own again, so he knows what to do out there on his own, and there's lots of nature around here, so he is probably fine. Just hope I can find him again!
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:38 pm

I hope you can find him again too smile

If he's used to being on his own and outside, that's probably why he wouldn't pee etc in the house, and may he just bolted to do his thing you know? I have a good feeling he'll come back if he bonded with you.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 1:01 am

Fingers crossed for you Lilly! Hug

------
Lol guess who i have as a teacher this year? Pretty irish girl! I told her that her accent makes everything sound better and she was like "aww thanks, i think the other class is sick of it".
And yeah, she is irish for sure... i also think she's preggers now.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 6:51 am

Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:36 pm

News from your cat situation, Celia?
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 2:13 pm

Can't find him, but have told my neighbors, and posted on the animal welfare site that he is missing. So, fingers crossed X

I might make another round outside before it gets dark again, but really, he can be anywhere by now, since he is not familiar with this area. I picked him up a 30 minute drive away from here, so I can't walk from here to where he came from to see if he's made his way back to more familiar ground either.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:33 pm

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Lilly!!
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:53 am

Hey guys! smile

So it's Friday! Yay! Any exciting plans?

I'm just counting the days for next weekend...
Back to top Go down
Sez

Sez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 1:03 am

Nothing much here, just figuring out plans for Queensland next week. For the darts competition Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://sezsisatotalgleekhehe.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts XIII
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next