Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts XIII

Go down 
+10
MissLilly
Shanna_
Jugz da' Clown
Span_ski
Mike`
Dina
cinco
Sez
eli_
Alison DiLaurentis
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Isa

Isa

Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 1:07 am

Actually, I have an Australian Summer Christmas party tomorrow night. Sounds like a lot of fun. fiesta
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 1:24 am

I'm just gonna sleep. Today at least. Been awake all night, again, because I am going in for a statement at the police office in a little while, and when I have to be somewhere this early, I'm terrified of not waking up in time.

I may make an effort to socialize this weekend though. Been kind of an hermit this week. It's been raining cats and dogs all week, so it hasn't been tempting to do much of anything.
What an awesome summer Laughing

Your party sounds fun Isa! smile A little early for a christmas party though tongue
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 1:33 am

Lilly, don't you have some sort of alarm to wake you?
I'd be screwed without my radio.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 1:40 am

Lol, Rosie, I do, but when I sleep, I motherfucking sleep, and if I wake, I will hit that slumber button for hours, before I realize that I should make an attempt to really wake up and join this world again Laughing
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 1:52 am

MissLilly wrote:
Your party sounds fun Isa! smile A little early for a christmas party though tongue

I know! Crazy Aussies... tongue
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 2:01 am

A bar here used to throw a sort of a christmas party here in summer actually though.
You know, we say Jul, not christmas (pagan roots - yule), and a christmas tree here is a juletre(e), so every July there was a Julytree (julitre) party. I never went to one, because anything christmassy before December ruins the whole feeling for me, but it was a huge success smile
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 2:02 am

MissLilly wrote:
Lol, Rosie, I do, but when I sleep, I motherfucking sleep, and if I wake, I will hit that slumber button for hours, before I realize that I should make an attempt to really wake up and join this world again Laughing
Ugh i wish i could do this. The slightest thing wakes me up.

So basically it's just about your motivation to get up haha. The matter is in your hands.

@Isa, i'm curious about what this party is like tongue Take photos!
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 2:06 am

voteforalice1 wrote:
MissLilly wrote:
Ugh i wish i could do this. The slightest thing wakes me up.

So basically it's just about your motivation to get up haha. The matter is in your hands.

@Isa, i'm curious about what this party is like tongue

This is true.

I mean, when I work, I manage to get up, but since I haven't been working for a few years, and go to night school, I don't have that built in alertness that tell me to get up now when it's not a routine for me right now. So those few and far between days when I actually have to get up for something, I am terrified to over sleep.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 2:15 am

Yeah i know whatcha mean smile You just gotta force your body to move, and hope your mind catches up lol. This is what i tell myself in similar situations.
If you can separate your physical body and your mind, you can do a lot of things. Same with separating thoughts and feelings.
*Refrains from writing an essay*

Omg look what Ryan just tweeted. He's such a suck up! asd
Quote :
Ryan Murphy ‏@MrRPMurphy
KLAINE, BRITTANA and FABERRY fans...where were you when I was young? Your passion can change the world. And has.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 2:47 am

Eating out of the nutella jarrrr nutella
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 3:23 am

Regret is fo' suckas, fo' suckas, fo' suckas. Regret is fo' suckas... bitch.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 4:53 am

The plumber who just arrived to fix our bathroom sink:
"Hello, I'm... oh heyyyyy there cutie!" when he noticed the cat Laughing
A bonus point for you, plumber dude.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:24 am

ROFL That's cute.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:17 am

300 euros?!

you're suddenly not so nice, mr plumber
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:34 am

What did he do!?
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:47 am

replaced all the pipes. but still, that's a lot of money
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:49 am

Which pipes? That doesn't sound too bad. How long did it take him?
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:15 am

the pipes under the sink and under the bidet. "because these ones are so old, can't you see? it's only a matter of time before they start leaking too, I'd better replace them too, miss. it's only another 100 euros, miss..."

are you an expert in plumbing, Charlie? Wink

oh, and it took him 2 hours
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:32 am

I wish there were more female plumbers. Kinda hot.

----
I have just been placed at the Prince of Wales Hospital. Hello waking-up-at-5am-every-morning hash
Charlie, who is this Prince of Wales and why is he ruining my life?
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:38 am

I wouldn't say I'm an expert, as such, but I do deal with A LOT of building work, plumbing and roofing estimates/quotations/invoices from our policyholder's tradesmen, as well as dealing with scopes and schedules from our contracted builders/tradesmen. It comes with the territory of working in home insurance. Self employed tradesmen can charge what they want and can charge per hour, per day, per job etc. Some plumbers can charge £80-£100 an hour, sometimes more. More again if it's a bank holiday or Christmas unless they're really nice. So, I was asking about which pipes to see what the cost of the materials would be. Probably around 30-50 euros in this case which means you probably paid around 125 euros an hour labour. Granted, it probably wasn't essential to replace the other pipes too. But he's right, if they were the same age as the pipe that leaked and they get about the same amount of usage every day, they could have caused problems in the near future anyway.

*back in my box*
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:40 am

voteforalice1 wrote:
I wish there were more female plumbers. Kinda hot.

----
I have just been placed at the Prince of Wales Hospital. Hello waking-up-at-5am-every-morning hash
Charlie, who is this Prince of Wales and why is he ruining my life?

1. I would like to get into plumbing but i couldn't afford to take the pay cut while I'm learning.
2. The Prince of Wales is Prince Charles.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:41 am

^^so you're an expert! that's kind of sexy, NGL.

and I knooooow, but, but... I had to pay with the money I was saving for my new laptop Crying or Very sad

Yeah, Rosie, blame Charles.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:46 am

Yeah, I worked in renos and plumbing with my uncle who has his own business. Mind you, I worked in dollars and not pounds, but $500-600 (I think that's about the conversion rate) for that kind of job does sound about right.

As far as the risk, while I'd bet $50 of that that it wasn't as urgent as he made it out to be, I don't doubt that there was probably some real concern about it.

My uncle did it all the time, something that wouldn't be an issue until the next summer is considered more urgent; it doesn't have to be done, but it doesn't hurt to do it anyways.

Today seems like a boring day.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:47 am

blush
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:03 am

Charlie, you must become a plumber lakdjslkk.

pics don't lie.
Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 Everyone_loves_a_female_plumber_bumper_sticker-p128851818173126892en8ys_400
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts XIII
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next