Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II

Go down 
+12
Sez
Tuk17
mardou
Span_ski
Shanna_
Dina
Charles
MissLilly
Mike`
Isa
cinco
Jugz da' Clown
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Span_ski

Span_ski

Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:04 pm

I I've never watched a single episode of Lost, and now I've read that I'm glad I didn't. I'd have probably been a little bit pissed if I'd invested all that time into a show and they did that.

It just never really appealed to me though Shrug Ok, maybe I was a little bit tempted when I found out Michelle Rodriguez was in it, but it sounds like I was better off sticking with my blue crush dvd after all...
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:06 pm

Charlie wrote:
*BIG MASSIVE EYE ROLL* Weren't there flash forward episodes though? How did that work?

There were, but to be honest I don't really remember how that worked out. In the end though, everybody who had "died" on the island were there, and they were aware of them all having been dead all along, so I think it was some sort of waiting station for them, because they all had to go over to the other side together. So they kind of just "lived their lives" waiting for the rest.
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:21 pm

Dina wrote:

What the hell? Laughing
I never really got into lost (mainly because I always only saw snippets and therefore didn't understand a thing) but that just sounds depressing...
Span_ski wrote:
I I've never watched a single episode of Lost, and now I've read that I'm glad I didn't. I'd have probably been a little bit pissed if I'd invested all that time into a show and they did that.

It just never really appealed to me though Shrug Ok, maybe I was a little bit tempted when I found out Michelle Rodriguez was in it, but it sounds like I was better off sticking with my blue crush dvd after all...

The thing was though, that the writers promised for years that they weren't dead, that they were not in limbo or anything. And that everything going on could be "real", scientifically speaking. So that's why it was such a let down. Because I had spent years trying to figure it out, and I couldn't, and I was so looking forward to finding out all the answers.

I started getting pissed when they introduced all this religious crap though towards the end, this Jacob character and his brother, so I guess by then it should have been fairly obvious that the writers had just ditched every promise ever made, probably because they had no idea where to go, and then just went with what the fans had been asking and guessing for so many years, but that they had promised it wouldn't be.

But I mean. It was a great show. It was worth the watch after all. It's just too bad when the ending screws you over like that, because it feels like it was all for nothing. But I had much, much fun with this show. And as soon as I feel like I can accept the ending, I do intend to watch it all from the beginning again.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:30 pm

I stopped watching Lost in S5. It just got too ridiculous for me. I liked survivalist stuff in the earlier seasons and the character background stories.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Yeah, I think I liked the idea of the first few seasons, and I heard really great things about it, but it never motivated me enough to actually watch the show. By the time I could have started watching it, or bought the box sets, people were talking about polar bears in the jungle and stuff, and at that point I just thought... nah... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 2:15 pm

I gave up on Lost during season 5 as well. I think the show had the merit of changing TV standards and that's quite something. But producers and writers didn't have a plan though and they completely lost their way through later seasons. Instead of giving some answers (a la Fringe) they went on with questions and more questions. It was not a satisfying experience for the audience.

It was a good show with some great moments though.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 2:58 pm

Season 1 remains the best season of them all I think.

This was so sad though:

Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 Charlie-not-pennys-boat2

I still want to cry when I think about it.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 5:25 pm

This is one of my favorite moments:

Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 800px-1X19_LockeHatch-714683
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 5:56 pm

Not sure whats going on there, but it looks super sad.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:30 pm

HIMYM season finale is amazing.

Lily and Marshall had their son and Barney made a deal to pick the middle name (Which everyone agreed was the greatest middle name of all time).
Spoiler:

Sooooo great@!

AHAHAHAHA THE SECRET ROOM AND THE REST OF THE BAR!!!!
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:36 pm

Waiting for it to be uploaded so I can watch it.
Using all the restraint I have in me to not click on your spoiler yahoo
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:40 pm

Marshall is the most amazing dad! His son's not even a week old and already he's making sure to tell the kid he can love whoever he wants to. I love you
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:37 am

I'm just about to start the last episode of OUAT.. after all your comments the other day though, I'm preparing for tears... :/
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 1:25 am

Hope you enjoyed the episode Hannah!!

I just watched HIMYM. Great season finale! yahoo
Oh, Mike, I don't even know if you saw the second part, because that's where all the awesome was!
I know that all the facts doesn't fit, but I soooo hope
Spoiler:
is the mom! I don't think I can ever accept anyone but her. She's perfect!

And Barney marries
Spoiler:

I am so happy right now boogie
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 1:28 am

Hey Celia! Wave

Yep, there may have been a tear in my eye there Sad

Lana Parrilla is awesome!
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 1:35 am

She is!
I can't help but love Regina, even though she's the evil one. Huge soft spot for her.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 4:41 am

MissLilly wrote:
They were all dead. Died in the plane crash, and the island and whatnot was limbo or some shit. And then in the end they all met up in this church to go on together when they all realized they had been dead all along.

Wasn't it a bit more complex?
The last season switched between what happened on the island and something what was interpreted as a parallel world, but it was in fact some sort of limbo-state indeed.
But in the island-storyline there were actually people who escaped from the island. (Kate, Sawyer, Claire...) And Hurley stayed behind to replace Jacob.
A lot of them died though.

Regarding favourite scenes... well early in the first season:
Locke's "Don't tell me what I can't do"-scene.

Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 Locke-dont
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:20 am

Soooo... What happened to the ones who escaped? All sounds really ridiculous to me. *shrug*
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:32 am

That isn't adressed anymore.
All the characters were just pawns on the chessboard that is the island. (which functions as some sort of anomaly in the world and can also change location)
Jacob and The Man in Black (2 Kain and Abel-like characters who are on the island for centuries) were the ones who moved the pawns.
The Man in Black can take the guise of dead people (not unlike The First in Buffy) and was actually the person who appeared on the island as Jack's father during the first season.

Here is the status for all the initial S1-characters at the end. (minus the happenings in limbo)

Sawyer: alive (escaped with a plane)
Locke: dead (killed)
Jin: dead (drowned)
Sun: dead (drowned)
Sayid: dead (exploded)
Charlie: dead (drowned)
Walt: alive (in a mental institution)
Michael: dead (exploded)
Jack: dead (dies in a bookend kind of way, laying on the ground, closing his eyes, the opposite way he was introduced in the pilot)
Kate: alive (escaped with a plane)
Hurley: alive (still on the island)
Shannon: dead
Claire: alive (escaped with a plane)
Boone: dead
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:46 am

MissLilly wrote:
She is!
I can't help but love Regina, even though she's the evil one. Huge soft spot for her.

I know right?!

Spoiler:

That was the moment the tears started.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:51 am

Hm... So, they don't bother explaining what happened to the ones who escaped? I knew it was the right time to stop watching it. Lol.

For the last two nights I've been catching up on HIMYM. The episode where Robin is talking to her 'kids' was heartbreaking. I actually cried a little bit. And when she told Lily and Marshall in Vermont.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:53 am

They even made a new epilogue afterwards, apparently to answer some questions, but it raised a whole lot of new questions. Shrug

Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:57 am

Yep, definitely stopped watching in time. Lol.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 10:40 am

cinco wrote:
That isn't adressed anymore.
All the characters were just pawns on the chessboard that is the island. (which functions as some sort of anomaly in the world and can also change location)
Jacob and The Man in Black (2 Kain and Abel-like characters who are on the island for centuries) were the ones who moved the pawns.
The Man in Black can take the guise of dead people (not unlike The First in Buffy) and was actually the person who appeared on the island as Jack's father during the first season.

Here is the status for all the initial S1-characters at the end. (minus the happenings in limbo)

Sawyer: alive (escaped with a plane)
Locke: dead (killed)
Jin: dead (drowned)
Sun: dead (drowned)
Sayid: dead (exploded)
Charlie: dead (drowned)
Walt: alive (in a mental institution)
Michael: dead (exploded)
Jack: dead (dies in a bookend kind of way, laying on the ground, closing his eyes, the opposite way he was introduced in the pilot)
Kate: alive (escaped with a plane)
Hurley: alive (still on the island)
Shannon: dead
Claire: alive (escaped with a plane)
Boone: dead

Are you sure? I remember them all being dead, and that they were all along. Like, when their plane was found at the bottom of the ocean, and there was declared no survivors, and they thought it was all a cover up, but then wasn't that really reality?

I'm so confused now...
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 10:47 am

It really amuses me that you've both watched it and still don't get it. ROFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II   Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Other TV shows - With Spoiler Tags II
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next