Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts X

Go down 
+11
Sez
mardou
Alison DiLaurentis
Phyxrak
eli_
Isa
Mike`
Shanna_
Span_ski
Dina
MissLilly
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Shanna_

Shanna_

Random Thoughts X - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:36 pm

Howdy!
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:39 pm

Yay! People! Hey!!

What's everyone up to? Had a good day? smile
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Phyxrak

Phyxrak

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:58 pm

I had long slow day at work.

I have come to the conclusion I am a very strange person.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:03 pm

What made you come to that conclusion?
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:28 pm

Awwww Kell!! Hug

It is funny that you mention that though, I've been reading about personality disorders all night and I've come to the conclusion I've probably got HPD (Histrionic Personality Disorder) and Schizotypal Disorder. Laughing

Straight from the WHO's definitions:

Quote :
Histrionic personality disorder
Personality disorder characterized by shallow and labile affectivity, self-dramatization, theatricality, exaggerated expression of emotions, suggestibility, egocentricity, self-indulgence, lack of consideration for others, easily hurt feelings, and continuous seeking for appreciation, excitement and attention.

Personality (disorder):
hysterical
psychoinfantile

Quote :
F21
Schizotypal disorder
A disorder characterized by eccentric behaviour and anomalies of thinking and affect which resemble those seen in schizophrenia, though no definite and characteristic schizophrenic anomalies occur at any stage. The symptoms may include a cold or inappropriate affect; anhedonia; odd or eccentric behaviour; a tendency to social withdrawal; paranoid or bizarre ideas not amounting to true delusions; obsessive ruminations; thought disorder and perceptual disturbances; occasional transient quasi-psychotic episodes with intense illusions, auditory or other hallucinations, and delusion-like ideas, usually occurring without external provocation. There is no definite onset and evolution and course are usually those of a personality disorder.

Incl.:
Latent schizophrenic reaction
Schizophrenia:
borderline
latent
prepsychotic
prodromal
pseudoneurotic
pseudopsychopathic
Schizotypal personality disorder
Excl.:
Asperger's syndrome (F84.5)
schizoid personality disorder (F60.1)

Especially the HPD, it just fits soooo perfectly. Laughing This stuff is fascinating one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
Phyxrak

Phyxrak

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:29 pm

Oh just did. Not sure if I could explain it. lol.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:39 pm

Mike! Why would you read about that? Did you have to, and catch a case of hypochondria while you were at it, or did you read because you think you have some sort of mental disorder?

Kel: Oh well, think how boring the world would be without some strangeness Wink
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Apparently I have to be ready to teach dances Wednesday and at the moment I have a whole shitload of nothing. Just damn...
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:47 pm

Ouch :/
Is it a show that has been put on somewhere before? Maybe you could like, youtube it and see if you can get some inspiration?
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:00 pm

I'm trying hard to avoid YouTube because the director is very against it. I just have random ideas but no clear direction. I just found out today the style they are taking musically. I'm in trouble.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:07 pm

How many dances do you have to come up with? They'll surely understand though if you don't have everything figured out til this Wednesday, when you just today where told the musical style?
Back to top Go down
Phyxrak

Phyxrak

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:10 pm

How does one actually come up with dances for things? Excuse my ignorance in this area.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:15 pm

Mike` wrote:
Awwww Kell!! Hug

It is funny that you mention that though, I've been reading about personality disorders all night and I've come to the conclusion I've probably got HPD (Histrionic Personality Disorder) and Schizotypal Disorder. Laughing

Straight from the WHO's definitions:

Quote :
Histrionic personality disorder
Personality disorder characterized by shallow and labile affectivity, self-dramatization, theatricality, exaggerated expression of emotions, suggestibility, egocentricity, self-indulgence, lack of consideration for others, easily hurt feelings, and continuous seeking for appreciation, excitement and attention.

Personality (disorder):
hysterical
psychoinfantile

Quote :
F21
Schizotypal disorder
A disorder characterized by eccentric behaviour and anomalies of thinking and affect which resemble those seen in schizophrenia, though no definite and characteristic schizophrenic anomalies occur at any stage. The symptoms may include a cold or inappropriate affect; anhedonia; odd or eccentric behaviour; a tendency to social withdrawal; paranoid or bizarre ideas not amounting to true delusions; obsessive ruminations; thought disorder and perceptual disturbances; occasional transient quasi-psychotic episodes with intense illusions, auditory or other hallucinations, and delusion-like ideas, usually occurring without external provocation. There is no definite onset and evolution and course are usually those of a personality disorder.

Incl.:
Latent schizophrenic reaction
Schizophrenia:
borderline
latent
prepsychotic
prodromal
pseudoneurotic
pseudopsychopathic
Schizotypal personality disorder
Excl.:
Asperger's syndrome (F84.5)
schizoid personality disorder (F60.1)

Especially the HPD, it just fits soooo perfectly. Laughing This stuff is fascinating one way or the other.

I have self-diagnosed Aspergers. Wink

On a different note- I hate not being able to open a jar. It's not that I'm not strong enough, it doesn't take that much strength to open a damn jar, it's just that I frequently lotion my hands.

I need to get one of these- Random Thoughts X - Page 25 Home0502vise_A
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:20 pm

Coming up with a dance is just me making up a dance. I think I'll need 2 finished for Wednesday. I have 1/4 of one at the moment. Today actually has a panic feel for me with if. I thought we start dance next week so that I could get a feel for the cast's dynamic. Not so much. Lovely...
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:20 pm

Phyxrak wrote:
I had long slow day at work.

I have come to the conclusion I am a very strange person.

I'm a very strange person too. I like being strange. I prefer the term eccentric, though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Phyxrak

Phyxrak

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:23 pm

I am shopping for knives right now.

This little thing is neat.

Random Thoughts X - Page 25 CR9070K_xlarge_28234_large_223

Last edited by Phyxrak on Sun May 06, 2012 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:32 pm

Knives are fun.

I know a trick to opening jars! A lady I work with shared her secret and I really does work. The secret is a spoon! You just slip it under one of the seal notches on the lid and push on the spoon. It breaks the seal and the jar opens.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:37 pm

Shanna_ wrote:
Coming up with a dance is just me making up a dance. I think I'll need 2 finished for Wednesday. I have 1/4 of one at the moment. Today actually has a panic feel for me with if. I thought we start dance next week so that I could get a feel for the cast's dynamic. Not so much. Lovely...

Positive thoughts! You'll get it done, it'll work out smile

As for opening jars, I just use a wet towel.
Back to top Go down
Phyxrak

Phyxrak

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:40 pm

omg take this website away from me.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:48 pm

Before the spoon trick I had to go downstairs to the neighbor to get jars open. I have no upper body strength...
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:50 pm

Phyxrak wrote:

You should get some knives like this-
Random Thoughts X - Page 25 35kio2w

Also you bringing up knives reminded of this game called Knife Toss in the itunes app store, and I haven't played in a while so just re-DL'ed to my phone. It's great fun. You throw knives at balloons surrounding a clown on a spinning wheel.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:55 pm

Shanna_ wrote:
Knives are fun.

I know a trick to opening jars! A lady I work with shared her secret and I really does work. The secret is a spoon! You just slip it under one of the seal notches on the lid and push on the spoon. It breaks the seal and the jar opens.

I do use the spoon trick often, but sometimes I can't get it wedged under there. It just depends on what kind of lid it is. I'll run it under hot water and bang it on the edge of counter too.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:58 pm

MissLilly wrote:
Mike! Why would you read about that? Did you have to, and catch a case of hypochondria while you were at it, or did you read because you think you have some sort of mental disorder?

Lollll I was bored! I KNOW I have some sort of mental disorder; whether it's an actual medical condition or just being batshit crazy remains to be seen.
Back to top Go down
Phyxrak

Phyxrak

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Jugz da' Clown wrote:
Phyxrak wrote:

You should get some knives like this-
Random Thoughts X - Page 25 35kio2w

Also you bringing up knives reminded of this game called Knife Toss in the itunes app store, and I haven't played in a while so just re-DL'ed to my phone. It's great fun. You throw knives at balloons surrounding a clown on a spinning wheel.

I am not planning on assassinating anyone anytime soon lol. or am I.... Ninja
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:16 pm

Mike` wrote:
MissLilly wrote:

Lollll I was bored! I KNOW I have some sort of mental disorder; whether it's an actual medical condition or just being batshit crazy remains to be seen.

Well, you're a functional being, so I think we can rule out batshit crazy Wink

Also, I don't think it's possible to survive this world without getting some kind of mental or emotional disorder/disturbance along the way.

Besides, crazies have more fun yahoo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts X
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next