Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random thoughts VI

Go down 
+11
mardou
Jugz da' Clown
Isa
Dina
Shanna_
Charles
eli_
Sez
MissLilly
Mike`
Phyxrak
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Shanna_

Shanna_

Random thoughts VI - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:17 am

So my car is being odd. The lights have decided that they want to randomly come on. Last night I got a fun 2:30 am visit from the police telling me the lights were on. Nothing like a light night visit from the cops to mess up a night's sleep.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:25 am

How strange...
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:32 am

My mom's husband is a mechanic and said he had never heard of such a thing happening. The police did manage to interrupt an odd dream about the end of the world I was having so I guess that's a silver lining.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:34 am

Haha, that's so random, Shanna."Hello,Miss! We're just waking you in the middle of the night to inform you, that the lights on your car are on."

That somehow makes me think of the dream my friend told me today
He was saying "Dina! I had the most boring dream you can ever think of, and because of it I totally overslept! I was a watchmaker - though I wanted to be a police officer - and had this box. And in this box was a watch - so I was taking it apart piece by piece and laying everything next to each other very nicely.
And then I woke up and was like SHIIIT!! I'm really late now!!"

The way he told me that was soooo random and I had to laugh so bad. Because it's not an exciting dream and not an exciting story and yet he was totally into the telling of it. ROFL

----

Bitching about the massive amount of subject matters we have to learn with my class-mates atm.
I think I'm prepared fairly well but it's just so much and you could write a novel about every single topic we have to know about in this exam:

1. Motives of the european collaboration
2. Structure & Organs of the EU
3. Future of the EU/ Challenges in the 21. century
4. Constitutional crisis/ Treaty of Lisbon
5. Unification process
6. Environmental policy
7. European Identity (e.g. Copenhagen criteria, community of values)

And it's really not that exciting... yahoo

I think I'll leave it be now and re-read it in a couple of hours because atm I feel like I can't gather any more information (a smiley that explodes would fit nicely here) Wink
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:41 am

A little bit like this one, but less angry, Dina? smile ---> exploding
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:48 am

ROFL yes, exactly!
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:48 am

Shanna_ wrote:
My mom's husband is a mechanic and said he had never heard of such a thing happening. The police did manage to interrupt an odd dream about the end of the world I was having so I guess that's a silver lining.

Just out of curiosity, how did the world end?
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:03 pm

MissLilly wrote:
Shanna_ wrote:

Well, it started on Valentine's Day and it was dark out. Giant donuts shaped rocks were falling from the sky and making everything come alive to try and kill everyone. I was with a castmate and we were trying to get in this camero to get away but the tools in some garage were attacking us. There were a lot of sirens and people catching on fire. Then the cop woke me up.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:10 pm

Shanna_ wrote:
MissLilly wrote:
Shanna_ wrote:

Well, it started on Valentine's Day and it was dark out. Giant donuts shaped rocks were falling from the sky and making everything come alive to try and kill everyone. I was with a castmate and we were trying to get in this camero to get away but the tools in some garage were attacking us. There were a lot of sirens and people catching on fire. Then the cop woke me up.

Sounds stressful!!
Also one of the weirder dreams I've heard of. Wonder what would have happened had you been able to finish it Laughing

I only dream about tsunamis and explosions Shrug
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:23 pm

I saw a tabloid cover the weekend about the start of the end of the world beginning today so I blame that. Still interesting having hammers come alive to try and kill you.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:28 pm

Hmm, interesting. I don't suppose you read it? Now I'm curios as to what's so special with today that the end of the world is starting. scratch

I'm wicked excited about december 21st though, to see if anything at all happens. I'm not expecting the end of the world or anything, but.. is it weird that I want/expect something to happen?
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:31 pm

D'awwwwwwwwwww, girl bought me a V-Day rose. Laughing Laughing I really do love my adorableness.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:38 pm

So, I had to look up the meaning of your dream Shanna, because I'm curious like that.
___
To see a hammer in your dream suggests that you may be dealing with old demons and inner struggles.

To see a doughnut in your dream represents the Self. It suggests that you may be feeling lost and still trying to find yourself and your purpose in life. Alternatively, it refers to growth, development and nurturance. You are not yet completely whole.

A rock represents stubbornness, disharmony and unhappiness.

To hear sirens in your dream signifies a situation or problem that is giving you much stress. The sirens may serve to get your attention and focus on the problem at hand.

To see something burning in your dream indicates that you are experiencing some intense emotions and/or passionate sexual feelings. There is some situation or issue that you can no longer avoid and ignore. Alternatively, it may suggest that you need to take time off for yourself and relax. Perhaps you are you feeling "burned out" or "burned up".
To dream that you or someone is being burned alive suggests that you are being consumed by your own ambition
____

So... Everything okay with you?
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:41 pm

I don't believe in these dream-interpreting things.
That would mean that every sub-conscious works the same way, otherwise certain object couldn't be associated with certain feelings, and that just doesn't make sense.

EDIT: I'm not saying I never tried to do that with my dreams though Wink Curiosity sometimes gets the best of us
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:43 pm

MsFalange wrote:
I don't believe in these dream-interpreting things.
That would mean that every sub-conscious works the same way, otherwise certain object couldn't be associated with certain feelings, and that just doesn't make sense.

This. Dream interpretation is completely arbitrary, just like most things people claim "objective" evidence for. If I consider the dream to mean one thing, and a different person considers it to mean something entirely different, who's thoughts on the subject are more valid?

The emotions you remember experiencing during the dream are the only thing, from my perspective, that have any validity towards reality.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:46 pm

I don't know. I believe in dream interpretations to some degree. I tend to look up my dreams if they really stand out and I remember a lot of detail, and it often makes sense to me Shrug
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:48 pm

MissLilly wrote:
I don't know. I believe in dream interpretations to some degree. I tend to look up my dreams if they really stand out and I remember a lot of detail, and it often makes sense to me Shrug

Next time you have a dream, interpret it yourself before reading someone else's interpretation of it (Literally interpret it blind, with no prior information whatsoever). After that, compare the two interpretations and see how much someone else's makes sense as compared to yours, how they align and how they're different.

I mean, humans are generally a similar species. We share fundamental responses to certain actions and events, but there's enough difference that the outliers are just that, outliers. In the majority, actions elicit similar responses across the spectrum, but that's due to the basic composition of our genealogy.

I'm in school mode right now. Shrug
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:50 pm

yeah, but I bet your horoscope also often makes sense. It's because they keep everything as vague as possible - something will always fit.

Like I said: It says there that rocks represent stubbornness, disharmony and unhappiness.
Well, what if all my childhood I was happily collecting stones with my dad and therefore have all these positive associations when I see stones.
In my dream it would probably represent harmony and happiness.

That's why it can never work - people just are different.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 1:00 pm

Mike wrote:
Next time you have a dream, interpret it yourself before reading someone else's interpretation of it (Literally interpret it blind, with no prior information whatsoever). After that, compare the two interpretations and see how much someone else's makes sense as compared to yours, how they align and how they're different.

I mean, humans are generally a similar species. We share fundamental responses to certain actions and events, but there's enough difference that the outliers are just that, outliers. In the majority, actions elicit similar responses across the spectrum, but that's due to the basic composition of our genealogy.

But the difference is dreams you understand and don't understand.
I have dreams I don't look up because I know why I dreamt them, or what I'm subconsciously dealing with.

Like one dream where I dreamt about passing a man in the street and noticing everything he wore. I dreamt that because earlier that day I had walked home from work, and generally I am in my own bubble, I don't really notice people. And I had walked past a man. But I only noticed him after having dreamt about it.
Or after my mothers passing where I was dreaming about trying to save her.
Those I don't need to look up, because I already know.
But then you have other dreams that don't make any sense, and those I look up.

I don't know. I'm not really serious about dream interpretation, and I don't base my life around what I'm told my dreams mean. Mostly I'm just curious, with a belief there's something to it smile

--

Yeah, I read my horoscope, and I am a typical Pisces. I believe in this as well, that there's something to it. Wink

-
Also, for the record: I'm not saying Shanna's dream have to mean what that site said. But I asked, because what if it is, you know? smile
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 1:24 pm

MissLilly wrote:
So, I had to look up the meaning of your dream Shanna, because I'm curious like that.
___
To see a hammer in your dream suggests that you may be dealing with old demons and inner struggles.

To see a doughnut in your dream represents the Self. It suggests that you may be feeling lost and still trying to find yourself and your purpose in life. Alternatively, it refers to growth, development and nurturance. You are not yet completely whole.

A rock represents stubbornness, disharmony and unhappiness.

To hear sirens in your dream signifies a situation or problem that is giving you much stress. The sirens may serve to get your attention and focus on the problem at hand.

To see something burning in your dream indicates that you are experiencing some intense emotions and/or passionate sexual feelings. There is some situation or issue that you can no longer avoid and ignore. Alternatively, it may suggest that you need to take time off for yourself and relax. Perhaps you are you feeling "burned out" or "burned up".
To dream that you or someone is being burned alive suggests that you are being consumed by your own ambition
____

So... Everything okay with you?
I hold some truth in dream analysis. I have very vivid dreams and they are just one of my issue symptoms. Most of my dreams have old demons lurking in them. I had a therapist that was very intrigued by my dreams. I personally think that some people have dreams that mean something and others don't. It just depends on how your mind processes things.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 1:35 pm

Elasticity in microeconomics is so confusing. If a product is inelastic, you can raise the price of it and demand will raise alongside it. Which makes no sense from the most basic standpoint. yahoo
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 1:57 pm

Shanna wrote:

I hold some truth in dream analysis. I have very vivid dreams and they are just one of my issue symptoms. Most of my dreams have old demons lurking in them. I had a therapist that was very intrigued by my dreams. I personally think that some people have dreams that mean something and others don't. It just depends on how your mind processes things.

Yeah, basically this. Though, I think everyone have dreams that mean something at some point or another. I don't think it's completely black and white. Just some people may have less issues or whatever, so they have fewer dreams that mean anything.
I know I do have dreams that are meaningless and have no base in reality at all, but more often than not, they mean something.

As I said earlier, I often dream about tsunamis and explosions, and dream interpretation sites says this means repressed anger and emotions, which is actually very accurate. I know that deep down I have 15+ years of anger wanting to come out. I rarely get really angry, but when I do I fear myself, because I'm capable of anything at that point, because of all of the repression I have done over the years.

So there's definitely truth in it.
But some people believe, and some people don't, as it is with all things.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:34 pm

Quote :
Our users have posted a total of 10000 messages

OMG This is the 10,000th message posted on the forum! yahoo yahoo yahoo yahoo

I think it should be mine... And btw this forum is awesome! Love you guys! Group hug
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:44 pm

Woooo! 10 000 posts, I can't believe it yahoo

Group hug
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:55 pm

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VI   Random thoughts VI - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts VI
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next