Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random thoughts I

Go down 
+10
Dina
eli_
Shanna_
Alison DiLaurentis
Charles
House Carl
mardou
Span_ski
MissLilly
Isa
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Charles

Charles

Random thoughts I - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:53 am

Yaaaaaay! It's great to be at home relaxing.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:55 am

Glad you survived the day dude!!
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:29 pm

MsFalange wrote:
MissLilly wrote:
I can sing in German though!

"Hier kommt die sonne, sie ist der hellste stern von allen"

Laughing

Sonne was my favorite song back in the day Random thoughts I - Page 30 Headbang

Laughing Rammstein scares me tbh
Not exactly my kind of music Wink

I only like that song of them, and the music video to it is kinnda amazing. The other stuff I never really got that into. But all my guy friends used to dig their shit. Otherwise I'd probably never even heard Sonne.

Blue Zeppelin wrote:
Hey, guys, I've merged all threads into just one subforum, under Everything Glee.

All topics are still the same and all there.

EDIT: All threads related to Glee, that is.

Looks good! Thumbs Up

Charlie wrote:
Yaaaaaay! It's great to be at home relaxing.

Well deserved Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:35 pm

Thanks. Lol. I'm so dramatic sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:48 pm

I'm not that lucky, I'm still at work. The good news is, this place is a desert. There's a Christmas party somewhere else and I'm not going. I'm just going to hang here all day doing nothing.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:52 pm

I'm kind of annoyed right now... Today on the website of our local newspaper there's an article about the award show where we played the acoustic set I talked about yesterday.
They only show one picture of the whole thing: a photo of us playing a song. And then we're not even mentioned in the whole article. Not even in a caption under the picture itself.
They could at least have mentioned our name... -.-
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:05 pm

Blue Zeppelin wrote:
I'm not that lucky, I'm still at work. The good news is, this place is a desert. There's a Christmas party somewhere else and I'm not going. I'm just going to hang here all day doing nothing.

Still at work!?
Are you working overtime or something? What time of day is it there?
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:06 pm

MsFalange wrote:
I'm kind of annoyed right now... Today on the website of our local newspaper there's an article about the award show where we played the acoustic set I talked about yesterday.
They only show one picture of the whole thing: a photo of us playing a song. And then we're not even mentioned in the whole article. Not even in a caption under the picture itself.

You could send them an email so they can write you guys in!
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:07 pm

I would totally be annoyed too. They shoud at least have mentioned your band under the picture. That was really rude. You should call them and ask them to mention you guys. I'm (used to be) a journalist and I've worked in newspapers, so that's common and I think it's the way to go.

What kind of music do you guys play, btw?
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:10 pm

MissLilly wrote:
Blue Zeppelin wrote:

Still at work!?
Are you working overtime or something? What time of day is it there?

It's 4 PM now. I work till 6 PM. I can't finish early because I'm alone in the office.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:13 pm

Charlie wrote:
Thanks. Lol. I'm so dramatic sometimes.

LOL...I think we're all guilty of that sometimes! Laughing

Blue Zeppelin wrote:

More time to spend on here! 8)

MsFalange wrote:

Mate, i'm not surprised you're pissed off! I'd be pretty angry too. That's not cool Thumbs Down
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:15 pm

Yeah I was thinking about leaving a comment under the article but I don't wanna seem too - i don't know - eager?

But, I mean they gave away 2500€ at this award giving and we didn't see a cent, since we were just the entertainment so people wouldn't get bored, but they could have at least given us a shout out here. No

We used to do sort of melancholic pop I guess you could say, but for the past year we've been working with our producers who really sort of influenced our music (in a good way) and helped us finding our 'niche' so it's a bit guitar-heavier and more pop-rock, though it's not really rock at all Laughing
It's hard to explain...

Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:23 pm

Blue Zeppelin wrote:

It's 4 PM now. I work till 6 PM. I can't finish early because I'm alone in the office.

Oh! Well, almost done then!

rachel berry Hang in there!

Laughing

MsFalange: Do you have anything online, so we could have a listen?
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:36 pm

Span_ski wrote:

LOL I really need more time here, I'm never around, right? asd
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:51 pm

Blue Zeppelin wrote:
Span_ski wrote:

LOL I really need more time here, I'm never around, right? asd

lulz

I still don't know how you managed to have rack up more than twice as many posts as me on this thing as well as chatting, and maintaining a full time job! I am truly in awe dude! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:52 pm

Nope, nowhere near enough. Hehe.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:53 pm

MissLilly wrote:

We do have stuff online, but that's two of our first songs we recorded. And we did our first EP with 5 Songs withing 3 days, so I'd rather have you listen to a song we could put more time in.
Problem is, that I no longer hold all the rights so we can't publish them yet, but I just cut the song in half and uploaded the last 1:30min.
You can tell me in which corner you'd put us 'cause I'm always stumped for an answer when people ask me, what kind of music we do;)

http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/1u139by6zt/stoptheclock.mp3

Edit:or was I supposed to copy this link?! I think it doesn't matter: http://kiwi6.com/file/1u139by6zt

Last edited by MsFalange on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Span_ski wrote:

lulz

I still don't know how you managed to have rack up more than twice as many posts as me on this thing as well as chatting, and maintaining a full time job! I am truly in awe dude! thumbs up

Laughing Don't know. But I'm pretty good at my job, btw. My boss loves me.

Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:01 pm

MsFalange wrote:
MissLilly wrote:

We do have stuff online, but that's two of our first songs we recorded. And we did our first EP with 5 Songs withing 3 days, so I'd rather have you listen to a song we could put more time in.
Problem is, that I no longer hold all the rights so we can't publish them yet, but I just cut the song in half and uploaded the last 1:30min.
You can tell me in which corner you'd put us 'cause I'm always stumped for an answer when people ask me, what kind of music we do;)

Wow, nice. Can't help with suggesting a genre though, I'm afraid. I'm not very good with categorizing. Lol.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:03 pm

MsFalange wrote:
MissLilly wrote:

That was beautiful! This kind of music is right up my alley Thumbs Up
I don't know what category to put you in. I'm not so good with all the genres and stuff, but maybe someone else has an inkling?
Stuff I don't know how to label just goes in the Alternative box for me Tongue

But that was great! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Yes Laughing
But usually people are not satisfied when you say it's sort of alternative pop-ish Very Happy

Oh and of course: thank you smile
It's a great feeling when people tell you that listening to your music is nice smile
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:12 pm

LOL! Well, then that'll be their problem Tongue
What does your producer call it though, if anything?

And you're welcome!

So are you guys working on a record or something now then?
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:20 pm

Haha, well the only time that campe up was during a meeting with the guy that actually turned out to become our manager and he said:

"You're mainstream enough without neglecting the 'left wing'" While the 'left wing' would stand for the Indie-Alternative music.
So yeah, but I don't think it's that bad that we can't exactly be put into one genre or the other. We just do our thing and if people like it that's great, and if they don't, that's cool aswell.

I'm just gonna post this shameless self-advertising link, with the 2Songs on our homepage:

http://silentmonday.de/mediathek/

In retrospect I'm not that happy with some of my lyric-choices but I guess you learn with every song you write. Nobody's perfect Wink
But you can see (hear) that we're a bit guitar-heavier now than we are on these songs imo.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:20 pm

MsFalange wrote:
Yes Laughing
But usually people are not satisfied when you say it's sort of alternative pop-ish Very Happy

Oh and of course: thank you smile
It's a great feeling when people tell you that listening to your music is nice smile

I could listen to a whole album of that smile What is your band called?
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:21 pm

Thumbs Up I listened to it. I like it a lot. I don't what to say about the genre.. pop pop/rock? who cares, it sounds good Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts I
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next