Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random thoughts I

Go down 
+10
Dina
eli_
Shanna_
Alison DiLaurentis
Charles
House Carl
mardou
Span_ski
MissLilly
Isa
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Isa

Isa

Random thoughts I - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:23 pm

I like it too, Dina! Thumbs Up

Is that you singing?

EDIT: Super curious to know who Regina is. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:30 pm

MissLilly wrote:

So are you guys working on a record or something now then?

Yes, we're working in our album though it's not clear if it will ever be released.

After we recorded these 5 songs of our EP, the guys from the studio (who now are our producers) were saying that they really liked us and our music and forwarded our songs to their former manager (They used to be members from a semi-well known band). And he listened to it and met us (that's where he said the mainstream and left wing thing) and was like "I like you, but I don't want to promise you anything!"

But then he brought our demos to BMG and they liked it, too so they gave us this "project-exclusive-contract" where they basically pay for our time in the recording-studio so we can work on our album, but in return I gave them 40% of the rights to our songs.

In the end they will listen to it and decide if they like it. If they do, it will be published and if they don't it won't.

Charlie wrote:

I could listen to a whole album of that smile What is your band called?

Aaaaww, thanks I love you
We're called Silent Monday.
Of course we gave us that name when we were more quiet than we are now and it was a big discussion-topic once. But we changed it for a short time and then went back to it, because maybe it's not perfect and not very cool, but it's us Wink

mardou wrote:
Thumbs Up I listened to it. I like it a lot. I don't what to say about the genre.. pop pop/rock? who cares, it sounds good Laughing

Thank you, thank you. I'm blushing so bad right now Very Happy

Blue Zeppelin wrote:

Is that you singing?

Yes, that's me singing.
I never told anybody who Regina is and I don't think I ever will, because most people around me know her.
Maybe you can guess from my nickname where I got the pseudonym for that person.
Friends and Phoebe may have helped me a bit there Wink
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:38 pm

You've been quite lucky so far, so here's hoping it continues on, and they like it enough to go for it Very Happy
I'd totally buy it!
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:40 pm

I'd totally buy it too! beer
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:40 pm

MsFalange wrote:
MissLilly wrote:

So are you guys working on a record or something now then?

Yes, we're working in our album though it's not clear if it will ever be released.

After we recorded these 5 songs of our EP, the guys from the studio (who now are our producers) were saying that they really liked us and our music and forwarded our songs to their former manager (They used to be members from a semi-well known band). And he listened to it and met us (that's where he said the mainstream and left wing thing) and was like "I like you, but I don't want to promise you anything!"

But then he brought our demos to BMG and they liked it, too so they gave us this "project-exclusive-contract" where they basically pay for our time in the recording-studio so we can work on our album, but in return I gave them 40% of the rights to our songs.

In the end they will listen to it and decide if they like it. If they do, it will be published and if they don't it won't.

Charlie wrote:

I could listen to a whole album of that smile What is your band called?

Aaaaww, thanks I love you
We're called Silent Monday.
Of course we gave us that name when we were more quiet than we are now and it was a big discussion-topic once. But we changed it for a short time and then went back to it, because maybe it's not perfect and not very cool, but it's us Wink

mardou wrote:
Thumbs Up I listened to it. I like it a lot. I don't what to say about the genre.. pop pop/rock? who cares, it sounds good Laughing

Thank you, thank you. I'm blushing so bad right now Very Happy

Blue Zeppelin wrote:

Is that you singing?

Yes, that's me singing.
I never told anybody who Regina is and I don't think I ever will, because most people around me know her.
Maybe you can guess from my nickname where I got the pseudonym for that person.
Friends and Phoebe may have helped me a bit there Wink

I like the band name. I don't think you should change it to be more 'fitting' with the heavier guitar influence. There are plenty of band names that make not one ounce of sense in relation to the genre of music or the band members or anything.

Also, I really like your voice smile
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:42 pm

Who are these guests we have lurking? Come out, come out, whoever you are! Laughing
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:49 pm

I want a copy too bounce
HAHAHA this one is great :xmasnog:
I saw some "guest" yesterday too. what are they wating for? lol.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:52 pm

MissLilly wrote:
Who are these guests we have lurking? Come out, come out, whoever you are! Laughing

I really would like to know that too.

There is one guest that keeps coming back, and the curiosity is just killing me.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:53 pm

Thank you for all your compliments I love you I don't really know how to respond to all of that, but luckily we have a lot of smileys: Hug

Yeah we've been crazy lucky and we know it.

In April 2010 I was singing in front of an audience for the first time ever, and I thought that I would throw up at any moment. But afterwords they were saying they really liked it and that's all the encouragement I needed to continue with this stage-fright terror (it has gotten better, though Wink )
In October we were recording, in December we met this manager and in January we had the contract-offer.

When you think about how hard and how long other bands work to achieve what is thrown at us, that's really frightening. Because we basically prove, that it's 90% luck and meeting the right people at the right time. It's crazy how easy everything has been for us so far.

I don't know what the future holds for us but I'll always make music somehow and that doesn't depend on the fact whether there is a record-label behind it or not.
We'll meet in January/February and talk a bit about our future and how we think things should go.
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:59 pm

I sincerely wish you the best of lucks. Keeps us update with the news!! I'd love to hear how everything works out! And maybe you've been lucky but you know, everything happens for a reason Wink
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 3:15 pm

In total there are 11 users online :: 7 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

yahoo
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:00 pm

I love that little 'flailing' Smiley. Lmao.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:03 pm

Late to the party here, but i also really liked your music!! bounce I kinda wanna download that song haha... Good luck with everything Thumbs Up

---------
Those "guests" could just be registered users that haven't signed in right?
Back to top Go down
Tuk17

Tuk17

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:07 pm

voteforalice1 wrote:
Late to the party here, but i also really liked your music!! bounce I kinda wanna download that song haha... Good luck with everything Thumbs Up

---------
Right Wink
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:11 pm

voteforalice1 wrote:

ohhh. dunno . I see.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:17 pm

voteforalice1 wrote:

They could, but why are they not signing in then?

But I'm thinking these are people that have found us on google or something, since we're being indexed all the time by that google bot, but they're maybe too afraid to join, because we all "know" each other from GF?

Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:27 pm

No idea why they wouldn't sign in.

Yeah maybe they feel weird.
Guyyyyyss, don't feel weird. Here, have a hug Hug
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Yeah, guests, we're not scary people. We're very nice! Wave
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:28 pm

It's not that easy to find us though. Wander what key words are they googling
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:34 pm

I just tried a variation of searches, and did not get a result for this place at all in the 3 first pages, so who knows Shrug

Maybe a guest could tell us? *wink wink*

5 6 guests! Come on, one of you step out of the shadows please sunglasses
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:37 pm

The forum has been on fire the whole day, you guys are awesome! yahoo

Nice to see you, Eli. Hug
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:40 pm

This place is soooo much better than GF!
It's so fun that so many has joined here Very Happy

I'm only missing Judy, did she drop out completely from the fandom?

Also, welcome back Eli! I was actually wondering earlier today where you had gone.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Yeah, it's been pretty busy today. I did NO work today whatsoever. Oops...
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Charlie! You got yourself an avatar! Awesome. So much easier to recognize who is typing.
Is that you?
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:47 pm

Charlie's a blondieee.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts I
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next