Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie talk

Go down 
+14
Mike`
badromancexx
Shanna_
eli_
Melissa
Jugz da' Clown
Dina
Alison DiLaurentis
House Carl
Span_ski
Charles
mardou
MissLilly
Isa
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Span_ski

Span_ski

Movie talk - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 1:16 pm

Charlie wrote:
Which film, Han? Dark Shadows or How I Spent My Summer Vacation? Anyway, I didn't see the second one last night, as planned, because of my crazy night with my school friends.

Well they both sounds pretty good, but I think I was talking about How I spent My Summer Vacation.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 1:49 pm

I wasn't crazy about Drive. I mean, I watched it all the way through, which says something given how quick I am to turn off movies I don't like, but still it didn't blow me away or anything. I just watched for Ryan Gosling. With a different leading man it probably would've been too boring for me.

Also didn't it seem like the movie was set in the 80's?
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:10 pm

Fatal attraction = damn creepy film. :/
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:21 pm

I wasn't overly impressed with Drive either, Teresina. And yes, it did seem very 80s-esque.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 4:18 am

Charlie wrote:
I watched Dark Shadows last night.

I saw it also yesterday. This story asked for a Burton-style I guess, but I hope he dares to step away from that style in another movie. It feels too familiar after having seen many Burton-movies. The scenes with the ghost falling from the chandelier and disappearing into the wave-like pattern of the floor looked very poetic though, just like the train-scene while Nights in White Satin was played. Those are the scenes in his movies I like the best: when it feels like visual poetry.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 6:27 am

Yes, those scenes were great.

I watched 'Jeff, Who Lives At Home' last night. I really, really enjoyed it. So glad I was only with my sister. If my friend Chelsea came she would have made comments through the whole thing like, "I don't understand." "What is this film about?" "I'm bored." ROFL
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:27 am

I feel like Gordon-Levitt could actually play the most interesting role in the coming Batman-movie.

Haha, lego-trailer.

I'm not that excited for the blockbuster-season than other years though.
Also Pixar's 'Brave' feels like they're just playing on safe.

Where are the daring inventive projects they were famous for? (Ratatouille, Wall-E, Up)
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:34 am

Meh. The Dictator is screening tonight. Looks awful. I still really want to see How I Spent My Summer Vacation. I doubt I'll get to now because Marine is coming over from London and she hates films like that and this will probably be the last week it's on.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 11:04 am

Oh yeah. The Dictator. Not wanna watch it. Not gonna watch it.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 11:09 am

Cannot stand SBC or anything he's ever created. Lol.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:38 am

Is the spinning top going to fall or not at the end of Inception?
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:31 am

Charlie, that Avengers-scene that made you drool...

Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:35 am

cinco wrote:
Is the spinning top going to fall or not at the end of Inception?

Oh that is the question, isn't it? scratch

My bet is that is going to fall. At the same time, everything seems so perfect at the end, it's just weird.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptySun May 20, 2012 6:42 am

Yeah, would it really be this happy ending or would he still be in limbo, stuck in a lie?

What's worse? Living in a dream and thinking it is real or living in reality and thinking it is fake like Mal? Rejection of all that is real because it feels fake, ending in a fatal attempt to escape from it all...

Movie talk - Page 15 Inception004
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptySun May 20, 2012 6:41 pm

cinco wrote:

Charlie, that Avengers-scene that made you drool...

Mmm...
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptySun May 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Watched 'How I Spent My Summer Vacation' tonight. I liked it a lot. Anyone else seen it?
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:50 pm

Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind was on here. I love you

I just love everything about this movie.
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:07 pm

Isa wrote:
Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind was on here. I love you

I just love everything about this movie.
me too. I love Jim Carrey's not comedy films
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:20 pm

Jim Carrey is a great and underrated actor.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 4:10 am

I like that movie also... a lot.
But I know some people who can't watch it because it's... too confrontating regarding the true nature of relationships.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 4:19 am

I've actually never seen it but have always wanted to... Maybe I'll watch it tonight.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 5:14 am

It's probably in my top ten of best movies from last decade.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:49 am

It is one of my favorites movies ever.

It is a sad movie, but it gives me hope at the same time.

I love them trying to escape and then finding themselves again at the same time.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:31 am

For me it feels like they're gonna be in that loop of events forever.
Something the last scene hints at. (during Beck's "Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometimes"-cover)
Look and see how the scene repeats itself halfway.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:50 am

I understand that and I think you are right. It's the same with Mary/Howard.

But I like the idea that even though they both know it can be painful in the end, they are going to try again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie talk
Page 15 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next