Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie talk

Go down 
+14
Mike`
badromancexx
Shanna_
eli_
Melissa
Jugz da' Clown
Dina
Alison DiLaurentis
House Carl
Span_ski
Charles
mardou
MissLilly
Isa
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

Movie talk - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:58 am

Never seen the Bourne movies! Seems too actiony for my taste.

---
Lol didn't get to watch the Johnny Depp movies with a cup of tea because we ran out of milk hahaha.... the lack of milk ruined my plans for the day.

Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:19 am

Still think the first Bourne movie was the best one.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:49 am

voteforalice1 wrote:
Dling Shindler's List! Apparently it's good?

Schindler's List is very socially and historically important movie. It's also one of the first rated-R movies I ever watched. My mom wanted me to watch it when I was like 10. I wouldn't describe it as "good", I'd describe it as incredible powerful, and in a completely different class than movies I just consider "good".
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:30 am

The Bourne trilogy is briliant. It can't get better than this in terms of action movies. Matt Damon is the perfect action star because he is actually an actor. I'll watch everything again, but I remember loving the third one.

I've just started the first one, Bourne Identity, and Gabriel Mann, who plays Nolan in Revenge, is a CIA Agent. I went to wikipedia to confirm it and saw that he is 40 in real life!!! jaw drop
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 5:20 am

The new Batman-movie has a surprising amount of Joseph Gordon-Levitt in it.
Not a bad thing.

Also... Marion Cotillard.

Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 5:27 am

Did you enjoy the movie?
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:00 am

I preferred it over the other comicbook-movies I saw this year. (Avengers, Spiderman...)
But regarding the other two Batman-movies Nolan made... erm, I dunno.
Batman Begins is still my favourite and closest to the Batman-mythos. This one took a lot of liberties. Not a problem for people who aren't that familiar with the character though. But there still are some plotholes. And also, the movie is way too long. Nearly three hours.
Anne Hathaway was a great Catwoman though. Excellent performance.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 3:46 pm

I watched "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" and "Beginners" today.

I think some of you were also writing about Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind in here and then I suddenly seemed to read everywhere how good it is, so I just had to see it.
Indeed, such a good story!

At Beginners was also an amazing movie with an unique, heart-warming AND -wrenching story, I'll just copy one of the movie descriptions I found. I definitely recommend this film!
Also: it has like the cutest dog I have ever seen in it....!

Quote :
Movie Info

Beginners imaginatively explores the hilarity, confusion, and surprises of love through the evolving consciousness of Oliver (Ewan McGregor). Oliver meets the irreverent and unpredictable Anna (Mélanie Laurent) only months after his father Hal (Christopher Plummer) has passed away. This new love floods Oliver with memories of his father who - following 44 years of marriage - came out of the closet at age 75 to live a full, energized, and wonderfully tumultuous gay life. The upheavals of Hal's new honesty, by turns funny and moving, brought father and son closer than they'd ever been able to be. Now Oliver endeavors to love Anna with all the bravery, humor, and hope that his father taught him
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:09 pm

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is one of my favorite movies ever. I'm glad you like it Dina. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:03 am

Suuuuper regretting downloading/watching Sweeney Todd! I'm fine now because it's daytime, but just when i'm about to fall asleep, i'll get images of people's throats being cut. I just know it. El oh el.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:09 am

Isa wrote:
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is one of my favorite movies ever. I'm glad you like it Dina. Thumbs Up

Same here. Easily top five regarding movies which were released during the last decade.

Also, has anyone seen Contagion?
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:46 am

I haven't, bu friends of mine have seen it I think.
Isn't that the one where people pretty much just all die from this virus or something?
I think Gwyneth was in there as well?
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:56 am

Yep, that's the one. It has quite a cast. (Marion Cotillard, Matt Damon, Laurence Fishburne, Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Winslet...)
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 7:32 pm

voteforalice1 wrote:
Suuuuper regretting downloading/watching Sweeney Todd! I'm fine now because it's daytime, but just when i'm about to fall asleep, i'll get images of people's throats being cut. I just know it. El oh el.
i ended up having a dream where i was going around cutting people's throats.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 4:37 am

voteforalice1 wrote:

I always have a weird feeling of guilt for bad things I do in my dreams.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:53 am

cinco wrote:
voteforalice1 wrote:

I always have a weird feeling of guilt for bad things I do in my dreams.

Have you ever been mad, or maybe just slightly annoyed, at someone you know for something they did in your dreams? Cuz I have. Lol
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 6:15 am

Yeah, that happened. Movie talk - Page 21 Ohmy

I'm also sad sometimes when someone I know is very nice or says very sweet words to me in my dream and then when I wake up I realize it all never happened. Sad
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:24 am

Watched the new Batman movie last night. It was alright (don't hurt me, I've just never really been into super heroes). Marion was wonderful, as usual.
Spoiler:
JGL was also great. There's just something about AH that I don't like, I wish I knew what it was...
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:31 am

Charlie wrote:
Spoiler:

They probably won't do another one in that continuity.
There might be yet another reboot the next time they bring Batman back to the silver screen.
(like they did with Spider-Man)
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:38 am

Yeah, I didn't think that they would. My obsessed friend was telling me about it. But I guess if something makes enough money anything's possible.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:55 am

Charlie wrote:
Yeah, I didn't think that they would. My obsessed friend was telling me about it. But I guess if something makes enough money anything's possible.

They still could do something with the JGL-character in this continuity.
Although it was a strange choice to imply that he was
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:26 am

Just watched a movie called "Mary and Max", which is an animation film aimed at adults. It's not really new, it's from 2009, but I'd never heard of it. Came upon it by chance really. It was pretty good! Based on true events, which I love! A bit dark/sad, but also funny.
I really recommend it smile

Movie talk - Page 21 0978762_150x220
A tale of friendship between two unlikely pen pals: Mary, a lonely, eight-year-old girl living in the suburbs of Melbourne, and Max, a forty-four-year old, severely obese man living in New York.
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 5:02 am

Yep, it's very good. Really touching.

Movie talk - Page 21 Thumbnail

If you like 'Mary and Max' then you might also like 'The Illusionist'.
It has similar themes and also those bittersweet storybeats.

Movie talk - Page 21 Immagine_l-illusionista_13776

Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 5:04 am

I'm working my way through some animation/cartoon movies right now, so I may get to it at some point.

So far I've seen "Grave of the Fireflies" and "Spirited Away". GotF was really good, and so heartbreaking! I want to cry just thinking about it. SA was good, but not nearly as magnificent as comments I read about it made it out to be. Or maybe I just don't get it. Was an okay watch though.
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 5:55 am

MissLilly wrote:
So far I've seen "Grave of the Fireflies" and "Spirited Away". GotF was really good, and so heartbreaking! I want to cry just thinking about it. SA was good, but not nearly as magnificent as comments I read about it made it out to be. Or maybe I just don't get it. Was an okay watch though.

Oh good, you're going through anime now.
Also try this one if you can.

Movie talk - Page 21 The_girl_who_leapt_through_time_manga_entertainment_uk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie talk
Page 21 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next