Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random thoughts VII

Go down 
+11
Charles
Isa
Alison DiLaurentis
MissLilly
Mike`
Dina
Sez
Phyxrak
Jugz da' Clown
Shanna_
Span_ski
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
mardou

mardou

Random thoughts VII - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 2:52 am

I try to stay calm. To not let college to win. I do the things because I want to do them but sometimes I put an extra effort to them for all the people that thought I couldn't Laughing I also try to know what my limits are... most of the times I fail, I knew I was going to fail. And I also try to think that if it were so easy, everyone would have a college degree. A little bit of sacrifice is required I guess. smile
Also yeah, it's almost 5 am. I go out and came back about 2 hours ago and I can't sleep. Probably because I got up really late today (or yesterday?)
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 2:57 am

Good morning All!

Rosie. Hug Hug Hug Sounds like you're having quite a day. I'm really glad your mum is ok. I hope you figure the uni stuff out. It's a tough place, trying to figure out the best path to follow, especially when you're not sure what you wanna do. Sometimes the motivation you need just appears out of nowhere though. smile

Btw, it's really cold in the UK! Ok, well for winter it's not actually that cold, but I'm freezing! Cold
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 4:43 am

You know, Rosie, I dropped out of uni too. I went there because I had no clue what to do with my life, but ended up skipping classes becuse I couldn't care less about what I was studying. I think there's nothing wrong with taking some months to figure out what you want to do, but then you need a plan B. Either you go back to uni, and this time try to take it seriously, or you find something else to do. Doing nothing is fun for a while but really depressing on the long run.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 5:00 am

Rosie, sorry to hear you're having a rough day. Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch

Sometimes I feel like the biggest thing with this whole uni vs. job (and other aspects of life in general) is not to be too concerned with having all the answers. I'm very jealous of people who know what they want to do from an early age and actually stick to it, but from what I've learned, that's very rare. For a long time I got bogged down with the pressure of these types of decisions but then I realised that some people just simply don't know what they want to do. Shrug And once I started thinking like that it felt like a weight off my shoulders. When you're so weighed down with stuffs like that, it's difficult for anyone to think clearly.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 5:10 am

Exactly!! In high school I saw people getting married and finding a job at 17, or deciding to become doctors and lawyers like that. It seems like a lot of stress to go through at that age. I'm (almost) 25 and I still have no clue what I'm going to be in two years, and I'm still fine!
Well, I'm a freaking mess, but you know what I mean Shrug

...sorry, this wasn't helpful at all.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 5:22 am

Well, I just turned 24 and I don;t know what I want to do either. But I just don't let it get to me anymore. Honestly, I've pretty much accepted that I'll never know what I want to do. Lol. Luckily, I've fallen into a good job that I'm great at and because it's for such a big company there are plenty of opportunities for progression. Is this what I want to do forever, though? I don't know. I somehow doubt it. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 5:25 am

mardou wrote:
I try to stay calm. To not let college to win. I do the things because I want to do them but sometimes I put an extra effort to them for all the people that thought I couldn't Laughing I also try to know what my limits are... most of the times I fail, I knew I was going to fail. And I also try to think that if it were so easy, everyone would have a college degree. A little bit of sacrifice is required I guess. smile
Also yeah, it's almost 5 am. I go out and came back about 2 hours ago and I can't sleep. Probably because I got up really late today (or yesterday?)
I like this asd
What do you study?

Span_ski wrote:

Sometimes the motivation you need just appears out of nowhere though. smile
Yeah this is true. Occasionally i'll get these little bouts of random motivation.. e.g. right now i feel like continuing with it is actually possible.

eli_ wrote:
You know, Rosie, I dropped out of uni too. I went there because I had no clue what to do with my life, but ended up skipping classes becuse I couldn't care less about what I was studying. I think there's nothing wrong with taking some months to figure out what you want to do, but then you need a plan B. Either you go back to uni, and this time try to take it seriously, or you find something else to do. Doing nothing is fun for a while but really depressing on the long run.
Haha the last sentence is so, so right...
The thing with taking some time to figure it all out- that's what i've actually been doing for the past 6 (technically 9) months after i took a break from my old course(when you guys first saw me on GF is about the time my break started haha).... So this new degree is my Plan B. I was expecting to be able to take it more seriously, but i physically cannot focus, and just don't care. I think i know why, but i also partially blame staring at this computer screen for all this time lol. Glee, fuck you.

Anyway i'm going to the GP on Thursday with a friend to talk about it smile
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 5:33 am

Charlie wrote:
Rosie, sorry to hear you're having a rough day. Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch

Sometimes I feel like the biggest thing with this whole uni vs. job (and other aspects of life in general) is not to be too concerned with having all the answers. I'm very jealous of people who know what they want to do from an early age and actually stick to it, but from what I've learned, that's very rare. For a long time I got bogged down with the pressure of these types of decisions but then I realised that some people just simply don't know what they want to do. Shrug And once I started thinking like that it felt like a weight off my shoulders. When you're so weighed down with stuffs like that, it's difficult for anyone to think clearly.
Yeah it is.
And that's awesome that you love the job you have now. I envy your comfort and happiness tongue The idea of having a full time job and not having to study/write essays etc is very appealing to me.
And thanks Charlie Hug

eli_ wrote:
Exactly!! In high school I saw people getting married and finding a job at 17, or deciding to become doctors and lawyers like that. It seems like a lot of stress to go through at that age. I'm (almost) 25 and I still have no clue what I'm going to be in two years, and I'm still fine!
Well, I'm a freaking mess, but you know what I mean scratch

...sorry, this wasn't helpful at all.
asd and Cwtch
I'd love getting a full time job i think, but i've also got pressure from my mother telling me i have to try to finish Uni because i'm wasting her money (which ok, i guess is fair enough).. she doesn't seem to understand that motivation isn't controlled by an on/off switch though.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 5:38 am

I love you guys... all come to Australia so i can hug you, yes?

Happier thoughts:

I am watching PLL ep 23 yahoo
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 5:41 am

I felt pressured into going to uni, so I did... For one year before dropping out. It's no good forcing yourself to do something that your heart and head isn't in. I've argued this with my parents many a time: if/when I know what I want to do with my life, I am more than capable of doing what I need to achieve it, regardless of what it is. Until then, leave me the hell alone, let me be young and make mistakes and learn from them. Shrug
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 5:54 am

Charlie wrote:
I felt pressured into going to uni, so I did... For one year before dropping out. It's no good forcing yourself to do something that your heart and head isn't in. I've argued this with my parents many a time: if/when I know what I want to do with my life, I am more than capable of doing what I need to achieve it, regardless of what it is. Until then, leave me the hell alone, let me be young and make mistakes and learn from them. Shrug
That is what i'm missing. Even if i want to do/become something, i'm not capable (right now) of doing it... It's hard to explain how being brain-dead feels haha.
But yeah i agree with what you're saying otherwise. You can't do something your head and heart isn't in. It's miserable and demotivating.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:00 am

voteforalice1 wrote:
I love you guys... all come to Australia so i can hug you, yes?

Happier thoughts:

I am watching PLL ep 23 yahoo

I fully intend to do this some day! smile

Unless you come to the UK first. In which case, I'll find you and hug you.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:03 am

voteforalice1 wrote:
Charlie wrote:
That is what i'm missing. Even if i want to do/become something, i'm not capable (right now) of doing it... It's hard to explain how being brain-dead feels haha.
But yeah i agree with what you're saying otherwise. You can't do something your head and heart isn't in. It's miserable and demotivating.

Then maybe you're not ready to fully commit yourself to something like that. Shrug But beating yourself up about it is not going to help. Cwtch
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:10 am

Charlie wrote:

Then maybe you're not ready to fully commit yourself to something like that. Shrug But beating yourself up about it is not going to help. Cwtch
true smile

Quote :
Unless you come to the UK first. In which case, I'll find you and hug you.
This works too Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:13 am

I want a hug too Crying or Very sad
so jealous rn. I want in in your internet marriage, guys! flirt
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:17 am

eli_ wrote:
I want a hug too Crying or Very sad
so jealous rn. I want in in your internet marriage, guys! flirt
Hug Cwtch Hug Cwtch Hug Cwtch Hug Cwtch Hug Cwtch x 100

^one thousand hugs.

-----
Eli can be the mistress haha tongue

Last edited by voteforalice1 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:19 am

Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch Cwtch x 100 too, Eli. smile
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:21 am

On an unrelated note, I'm eating pineapple flavour raisins right now. They're pretty good, not as good as the cola ones though, they tasted like sweets. Thought I'd give them a go. I'm trying to get the body for Bali at the same time as working for the money for Bali. tongue I need to stop eating so much rubbish anyway.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:23 am

me right now
Random thoughts VII - Page 20 Tumblr_llz9mxlHFZ1qzlfumo1_500
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:27 am

^ asd aww.

Flavoured raisins exist?? I've only seen chocolate ones... And that's easy to picture because they're just surrounded by chocolate.

Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:38 am

Yes, there are cherry, pineapple, lemon, orange, lime and cola 'infused' raisins. Normally I'm not a fan of raisins, I like my fruit hydrated. Lol. And I don't really like the taste or normal raisins, so these are ideal because I can get over the texture for the taste.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:43 am

ROFL My friend, Chelsea, in work, who I sit opposite btw, just emailed me:

Email 1:

It is important you delete the next email I send you!!! haha

Email 2:

I slept with Rhys on Saturday/Sunday… and I was his second!! shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lulz Bless her. She's liked him for ages but I was/am still convinced that he's gay. Shrug Whatevs. So anyway, I said, 'Chelsk, by Saturday slash Sunday, do you mean you can't remember if it was before or after midnight OR do you mean Saturday and Sunday?' And she was like 'and teehee'.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:54 am

I LOVE me some raisins (and dehydrated fruit), but I feel like chocolate would kinda ruin it Shrug
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:57 am

I hate chocolate raisins. puke Chocolate peanuts otoh... YUM!
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 7:00 am

I feel like this toothbrush smiley was made for me. Lol. I used to have an ocd type thing with brushing my teeth. When I was little I'd brush them like 20+ times a day. I'm down to an average of 5 now though.

That's weird, isn't it? backing out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VII   Random thoughts VII - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts VII
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next