Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts XV

Go down 
+12
Jugz da' Clown
Isa
Mike`
Tuk17
Dina
cinco
Sez
Charles
Alison DiLaurentis
Span_ski
Shanna_
MissLilly
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 8:25 pm

Charlie wrote:
Still feel awful. Lol. I'll need to find a jew job if I get sacked. Lol. Yeah, optician. Why, what do you call them?
Do you really think you'll get sacked?

We say ophthalmologist...or optometrist.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 8:34 pm

That was a pretty decent typo. Lmao. There's a manager in work who has decided to make my life a living hell by taking issue with me doing things that everyone does but aren't supposed to. Could be up for disciplinary or even the boot. Who knows. My sister thinks she has an issue with my being a lesbian which I'll be honest has crossed my mind but there's not much I can do about it. The things that were raised I did actually do. It's just not enforced with anyone else. Fml. *shrug*

ETA: I thought opticians, optometrists and ophthalmologists were different things... Yep: http://www.lensprices.co.uk/optician-optometrist-ophthalmologist

Last edited by Charlie on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 4:42 am

God, i hope it works out man :/ Your manager sounds like she has it out for you. Cow.

----
This though.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:26 am

Thanks Rosie. smile She's not even my manager though so technically it's none of her business. Also, complaints are anonymous and all so I shouldn't even know it's her.

I can't see that, I assume it's a vid, my phone doesn't support flash. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 10:21 am

Hungover as balls and now the week of exam cram/writing starts. hash
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:34 am

What's everyone up today?
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 2:09 pm

Absolutely nothing. I just got out of bed and now I'm just gonna play video games for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 2:34 pm

One of my christmas presents arrived today and I'm already so excited to have this little thing for myself in about 2 weeks smile
It's the guitalele GL 1 by yamaha.
Like the name promises it's a mix between a guitar and a ukulele.

Looks like this if you hold it next to a regular sized guitar:

Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 Size%2BComparison%2B~%2BClassical%2BGuitar%2B%2526%2BGuitalele

ooh found one with a ukulele next to it as well Very Happy

Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 IMG_0417
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 4:57 pm

Very cool Dina. Forever jealous i can't play guitar.

Ok, so got my other 3 subject marks back and passed them all. Which meanssss next year i get to do: 1) a pediatric and 2) a mental health clinical placement. This is exciting smile Curious to see how i deal with kiddies.

Charlie wrote:
Thanks Rosie. smile She's not even my manager though so technically it's none of her business. Also, complaints are anonymous and all so I shouldn't even know it's her.
How do you know?
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 5:05 pm

Because she seems to be the only person who doesn't like me? Nah, my team leader showed me the email from her but she wasn't supposed to.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 5:18 pm

Ohh i see.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 5:22 pm

UGHHHHHH, my prof sucks and taught me NOTHING this semester, and now I'm doing the exam review and it's just reinforcing that fact.

<_< 88% average coming into this semester, I'll be lucky for a 70% in this class. hash
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:39 pm

Just spent the evening listening to my mate's beautiful Australian cousin's beautiful Australian accent. Went to a house warming and my mate turned up as a surprise for Christmas. He's been in Oz for over a year so I've only spoken to him on fb. Was such a nice evening.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 4:48 am

voteforalice1 wrote:

Ok, so got my other 3 subject marks back and passed them all. Which meanssss next year i get to do: 1) a pediatric and 2) a mental health clinical placement. This is exciting smile Curious to see how i deal with kiddies.

Congrats Rosie!

Mike` wrote:
UGHHHHHH, my prof sucks and taught me NOTHING this semester, and now I'm doing the exam review and it's just reinforcing that fact.

<_< 88% average coming into this semester, I'll be lucky for a 70% in this class. hash

It's a shame that there are so many inept professors in this world and how it's always the students that have to suffer the consequences.
Maybe you could form a study-group and you can teach each other the matter?

Charlie wrote:
Just spent the evening listening to my mate's beautiful Australian cousin's beautiful Australian accent. Went to a house warming and my mate turned up as a surprise for Christmas. He's been in Oz for over a year so I've only spoken to him on fb. Was such a nice evening.

Sounds lovely!
Our English teacher spend a year in australia and just told us about the word "Oi!" in Australia and how they use it. And apparently they pronounce for example Sydney very differently than how we are used to pronounce it. But that is all the knowledge I have on australian accents Wink

Tomorrow I'm back at work, starting at 9am sharp in the purchase department for travelling expenses smile

Also: The world is white and I simply love snow smile

Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 4:54 am

Dina wrote:

Sounds lovely!
Our English teacher spend a year in australia and just told us about the word "Oi!" in Australia and how they use it. And apparently they pronounce for example Sydney very differently than how we are used to pronounce it. But that is all the knowledge I have on australian accents Wink

Tomorrow I'm back at work, starting at 9am sharp in the purchase department for travelling expenses smile

Also: The world is white and I simply love snow smile
I say "Oi" to get peoples attention... "Oi listen" .. or when i'm offended/provoked e.g. "Oi, what the f*ck did you just say?!" haha

Charlie wrote:
That does sound nice.
And still surprised anyone finds this accent attractive yahoo
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 5:20 am

Yes she used "Oi!" to get our attention as well.
And apparently it's also used at sports to cheer your team on? I don't know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 5:23 am

You know Oi is Hello in Portuguese, right?

Btw, I bought my Christmas tree yesterday. I'll post a pic later.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 6:27 am

No, I didn't until now Very Happy

I'm sort of wallowing in memories at the moment because I re-found this video.
I was in the third row here and have never had more dirt in my hair, than on this awesome day Very Happy
(Wait for 1:14)

We're a bit late with everything christmas at the moment. It's been a busy few months, but we really need to start decorating or otherwise the effort won't even be worth it, if we only start 3 days before christmas :/
And YES to pictures!! smile
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 7:30 am

That looks like an awesome concert Dina! Very Happy I love finding things like that on youtube.

I'm gonna try and recover the old hard drive from my old laptop next week, I'm sure there'll be some interesting pre fb pics and stuff on there...

I played poker, last night which was really good fun.... I also ate this really fit cheese, which as I can't seem to handle dairy anymore in hindsight was a massive error as my stomach now hates me :/. I can't give up my cheese though.... I love it. Damn it.

I'm writing my presentation for this interview tomorrow... For some reason it seems hard to make carpet tile recycling exciting.....
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:02 am

Dina wrote:

Mike` wrote:

It's a shame that there are so many inept professors in this world and how it's always the students that have to suffer the consequences.

Hehe we do that anyways, but my favourite way to study is to teach the subject to another person; if I can teach it to someone, and make them understand, than obviously I know what I'm doing and have learned it myself. Plus other people make my brain work more. smile

But it's like, to the point where my mate Drew (Who I have my entire semester with, one of my closer friends over the past six months) and I are debating using the school's tutor service because we're THAT lost. And that's really terrifying going into the exam, because I've always been the one asked to do tutoring, rather than having to use the services myself.

Ah well, today is Macroeconomics studying, a quick run-through of the Managerial Accounting practice exam, and then back to completely teaching myself Fundamentals of Accounting for the next four days. hash /die
Back to top Go down
Sez

Sez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:32 am

Yay! I'm off home tomorrow Very Happy and I'm on the bus via the coastal route.
Back to top Go down
http://sezsisatotalgleekhehe.tumblr.com/
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 9:30 am

Mike` wrote:
Dina wrote:

Mike` wrote:

Hehe we do that anyways, but my favourite way to study is to teach the subject to another person; if I can teach it to someone, and make them understand, than obviously I know what I'm doing and have learned it myself. Plus other people make my brain work more. smile

But it's like, to the point where my mate Drew (Who I have my entire semester with, one of my closer friends over the past six months) and I are debating using the school's tutor service because we're THAT lost. And that's really terrifying going into the exam, because I've always been the one asked to do tutoring, rather than having to use the services myself.

Ah well, today is Macroeconomics studying, a quick run-through of the Managerial Accounting practice exam, and then back to completely teaching myself Fundamentals of Accounting for the next four days. hash /die

oh man - especially in accounting it's so essential to get the basics, because otherwise you're just totally lost.
I'm glad my accounting/controlling teacher is so awesome. She is sort of my personal hero. I just like people that have this no-bullshit-attitude Wink Hard to explain her, she's just incredibly straight-forward and honest.

We did the double-entry bookkeeping system with taxes and without them, with the expense-oriented method and stock-oriented method (probably not the correct translation?) and did the linear and degressive depreciation. And there is still so much more to come... it's never-ending Wink
And still I somehow like it - once you get the hang of it, it's really not bad.

But we were told "With accounting it's like catching the train. You gotta hop on right at the beginning or otherwise you just might have to run behind it the entire way."

I'd definitely go to someone at the university about that professor of yours. If enough students raise a complain, maybe he will have to improve his teaching-methods?
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 9:35 am

Dina wrote:

oh man - especially in accounting it's so essential to get the basics, because otherwise you're just totally lost.
I'm glad my accounting/controlling teacher is so awesome. She is sort of my personal hero. I just like people that have this no-bullshit-attitude Wink Hard to explain her, she's just incredibly straight-forward and honest.

We did the double-entry bookkeeping system with taxes and without them, with the expense-oriented method and stock-oriented method (probably not the correct translation?) and did the linear and degressive depreciation. And there is still so much more to come... it's never-ending Wink
And still I somehow like it - once you get the hang of it, it's really not bad.

But we were told "With accounting it's like catching the train. You gotta hop on right at the beginning or otherwise you just might have to run behind it the entire way."

I'd definitely go to someone at the university about that professor of yours. If enough students raise a complain, maybe he will have to improve his teaching-methods?

Haha, I LOVE accounting, it's why I'm in school for it. Once it clicks, it's there and it never leaves your brain. All the stuff you described is the kind of thing I did last year, but this year with the Fundamentals 2 course it's a lot of rate theory and financial maths (PRT's, PVs, FVs, idk if you know what the acronyms are for, but yeah) and the prof just.... didn't teach it.

I checked the prof's rating on Ratemyprofessor (It's a website for rating uni/college teachers) and EVERYONE's gave him the same description I did: genuinely nice guy, knows his stuff, just can't teach it if his life depended on it. He's been like this for years apparently.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 10:13 am

my first latin teacher was like that. Very cool and funny guy - sadly couldn't teach one bit.

I'm sure that whatever it is you do at university is a lot more detailed and in-depth than whatever I learned in my first vocational training block. After all, I wouldn't even have needed the degree that I got from school for a simple apprentice-ship so it's not like whatever we do is incredibly hard to comprehend. It's just the basics.

But I fear what accounting will become once I start with the University part of this entire education a bit. (If it's a dual education system now, what will it become once I add the University in the evenings? A trial education system?? Very Happy)

Oh well, no need to worry about that now - first I'll be shipped off to York in 9 months Wink

Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 10:31 am

Haha here, I'll show you what the kind of stuff I have to do today is:

Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 Img1242tl

Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 Img1241ls

Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 Img1240i

Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 Img1239qi

I'm SO lost with Percentage of Completion and my Loan PV/FV calculations. Sad /die
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts XV
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next