Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts XV

Go down 
+12
Jugz da' Clown
Isa
Mike`
Tuk17
Dina
cinco
Sez
Charles
Alison DiLaurentis
Span_ski
Shanna_
MissLilly
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Span_ski

Span_ski

Random Thoughts XV - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 40 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 6:39 am

I haven't been on GF for ages, so I'm not sure. Don't think so? I don't even know what's happening with glee lol.

I'm trying to organise this damn hen weekend for my sister... or this princess who has body-snatched her anyway... meh

Other than that all same-same here. How's you?
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 40 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 9:53 am

No idea what going on with Glee and GF... But I did see some pictures of Naya on facebook attending some FOX related event. She looked hot as usual.

Just having a soup now and drinking white wine.

I want to go to the movies. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 40 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 9:55 am

Here it is:

Random Thoughts XV - Page 40 309635_10151345807192044_698191065_n
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 40 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 3:46 pm

Made it through my first day on my low carb high fat diet, but my body is screaming for carbs and people are sharing photos of pizzas on facebook for some contest. Oh, what fresh hell is this?!?
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 40 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 5:21 pm

Low carb / High fat? What can you eat then? Like salad and cheese and stuff?
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 40 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 5:26 pm

I don't think I could handle a low carb diet.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 40 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 8:11 pm

I don't believe in low-carb diets. Carbs are not bad. They're the only source of energy our brain can use. Those diets work for weight loss short-term, but in the vast majority of cases, they fail after a while and you gain more weight that you had originally.

Also high fat (a lot will be saturated fats e.g. meat) is just terrible for your health. Cholesterol etc.

Body.needs.carbs.

Lilly, go with balanced diet and exercise. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 40 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:03 pm

I've been snacking on veggie chips today. And I had part of a tuna sandwich on sundried tomato and rosemary bread. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 40 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 1:12 am

I can eat meats, salads, eggs, cheese etc.

Rosie: This is a food-induced ketosis diet. The brain will get it's energy from the fat, as the body starts using that for it's energy. And since the body will be burning fat all the time, both it's own and what you eat, there is no cholesterol to worry about. Everything levels out to a normal.
It's a doctor who put this diet together, and research is very positive. I don't normally believe in diets, but after reading up on this, I believe in this one.

And, apart from just weight loss, it has other benefits like better skin, better mood, no feeling of hunger, better sleep. But it requires to stay under 15 grams of carbs each day to keep the body in ketosis.

smile
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 40 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 6:53 am

I don't know a thing about diets, other than that I should probably go on one...
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 40 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 7:11 am

MissLilly wrote:
I can eat meats, salads, eggs, cheese etc.

Rosie: This is a food-induced ketosis diet. The brain will get it's energy from the fat, as the body starts using that for it's energy. And since the body will be burning fat all the time, both it's own and what you eat, there is no cholesterol to worry about. Everything levels out to a normal.
It's a doctor who put this diet together, and research is very positive. I don't normally believe in diets, but after reading up on this, I believe in this one.

And, apart from just weight loss, it has other benefits like better skin, better mood, no feeling of hunger, better sleep. But it requires to stay under 15 grams of carbs each day to keep the body in ketosis.

smile
I'm really surprised by this actually. I've only ever heard that these diets are bad for you. And I've learnt at uni that the brain isn't able to use any other fuel besides carbohydrates (perhaps im imagining this lol). Though I spose your doctor knows what's best for you personally.
I have heard about this ketosis business. I thought "ketones" were just a by-product of fat metabolism.

----
Getting my RSA and RCG tomorrow so I can serve alcohol and work around gambling stuff.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 40 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 7:19 am

I've kept my better eating habit resolution for closing in on two weeks!
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 40 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 11:02 am

voteforalice1 wrote:

I'm really surprised by this actually. I've only ever heard that these diets are bad for you. And I've learnt at uni that the brain isn't able to use any other fuel besides carbohydrates (perhaps im imagining this lol). Though I spose your doctor knows what's best for you personally.
I have heard about this ketosis business. I thought "ketones" were just a by-product of fat metabolism.

----
Getting my RSA and RCG tomorrow so I can serve alcohol and work around gambling stuff.

Well, I don't know how to explain it properly, but the diet is called Ketolyse ( I don't know if it's the same in english..) And it's called that because of Ketosis and Lipolyse (again, don't know if you use the same words)
The lipolyse "cuts" the fat into bits the body can use, and you can tell if you're in ketosis and burning the fat by measuring the ketones in the urin.
And I'm sure the brain can manage, because I mean, what is the fat made of anyway? Unused energy that gets stored. And as this is being utilized I'm sure it'll get what it needs smile

I don't know if that made sense. Shrug

Anyway, I'm looking forward to get some of this fat off! asd

Also, good job Shanna! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 40 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:31 pm

That makes sense, I understand smile. Lipolysis is the process of breaking down fat and yeah you'd see ketones in the urine.

Good luck widdit! You too Shanna!

My phone autocorrected Shanna.

----
It's wrong to be up this early on a Saturday. It truly is.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 40 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 4:28 pm

What time is it for you Rosie?
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 40 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 6:53 pm

I woke up at 6.30. Have to do some short course thing.

Wassup with you all?

-------

https://brittana-forum.forumotion.co.uk/viewtopic.forum?t=66
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts XV
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40