Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts XIII

Go down 
+10
MissLilly
Shanna_
Jugz da' Clown
Span_ski
Mike`
Dina
cinco
Sez
eli_
Alison DiLaurentis
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Charles

Charles

Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 9:52 am

Cuba sounds good, Mike. And I'm sure Thailand will deliver, Cinco.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:27 pm

Bought my concert/Cuban rum baron outfit today. asd
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:22 pm

Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 Tumblr_lz7f25bOXb1qg1l99
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:22 am

ROFL

Cuba sounds amazing.

I'm dreaming about Dubai. I'm going to Sri Lanka via Dubai in August, so I'll have almost 24 hour connection there and I'll be able to do some shopping. Can't wait, because here everytime I go out to try to buy some clothes I come back home depressed. It's terrible.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 4:22 am

Isa wrote:
I'm dreaming about Dubai. I'm going to Sri Lanka via Dubai in August, so I'll have almost 24 hour connection there and I'll be able to do some shopping.

Dubai is human vanity incarnated. I mean... that tower for example. (didn't they learn anything from that Tower of Babel tale?)
And those artificially made little islands. What the...?!?
Also, from afar it must look like a mirage. It really has a dreamlike quality from afar, that's for sure.

Isa wrote:
because here everytime I go out to try to buy some clothes I come back home depressed.

Because of the bad human conditions a lot of people have to live in?
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 4:35 am

cinco wrote:
Isa wrote:
because here everytime I go out to try to buy some clothes I come back home depressed.

Because of the bad human conditions a lot of people have to live in?

No... Islamabad is a very nice city. People say it looks like a fantasy island compared to the rest of the country. I don't think I have seen real Pakistan yet, perhaps a bit in Lahore. A friend of mine who works for a NGO here and has to go to the countryside was just telling me last night that people there are lucky if they have a roof over their places. Pakistan is one of the three countries in the world (the others being Nigeria and Afghanistan) with polio cases reported. Studies show that Pakistani people are getting smaller because of mal nutrition... and other things like that are normal. That's all horrible.

I get depressed in a more shalow and selfish way. There are no good stores here, no shopping malls, I haven't founnd good "western" clothes to buy.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 4:49 am

Isa wrote:
I get depressed in a more shalow and selfish way.

Haha, and there I thought you were conflicted with all kinds of moral issues.

Isa wrote:
I haven't founnd good "western" clothes to buy.

Embrace the Pakistani way of clothing then. Wink
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 4:54 am

Laughing

There is a lot to get depressed here and I can't say this doesn't affect me, especially women's conditions. But if you think too much about that it's hard not get super sad and super angry.

Not conviced on Pakistani clothes yet... People are trying to persuade me though.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 5:01 am

Isa wrote:
Not conviced on Pakistani clothes yet... People are trying to persuade me though.

Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 Thumbnail
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 5:06 am

Errr... not yet. That one is actually not that bad, but the ones I've seen here are... just too much colours and patterns. The design is awful, doesn't do me any good.

Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 5:17 am

The wall patterns in the houses are also that way, right?

A girl I know once showed me pictures of her arranged wedding in Morocco.
Those exuberant colours and patterns and glitter and drapes... it all seemed so kitschy. tongue
The thought that it was an arranged wedding still gives me tummy ache though. Sad

Last edited by cinco on Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 5:18 am

Morning people. How is everyone?
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 5:19 am

reasonably ok

how's you?
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 5:57 am

I'm good thanks. In work again. More floods last night in Shropshire. Sad Sounds like this overtime will go on for a while.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 5:57 am

Hi Charlie! Saturday at work for me. Same tomorrow. I'm actually on my way to pick somebody at the airport and drive them to work, where we are having an event. I wanted to have a slow Saturday, but at least the event is very interesting.

Cinco, I can't say exactly numbers, but I think around 90% of the marriages here are arranged. Cousins getting married is pretty common, even in big cities. This guy who works for us and went to collage and all told me that he met his wife on wedding day...
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 6:19 am

Jugz da' Clown wrote:
Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 Tumblr_lz7f25bOXb1qg1l99

That be Mexico. tongue

I got a white boater with a red stripe, some white cotton pants, and a blue/white cotton shirt. asd All I'm missing is my mojito and cigar.

Anywho, concert/festival-thing today!!
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 6:55 am

Sounds more interesting than my Saturday in work, Isa. tongue

Mike, please can we have a picture of that? Pleeeease? Hehe.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 6:58 am

Isa wrote:
This guy who works for us and went to collage and all told me that he met his wife on wedding day...

Sad

So much for romance and falling in love like it should be.

Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 7:16 am

In their culture that's not how it should be. The majority of the time it's not a problem for them. It's normal to have an arrange marriage. There are people that I work with who have had or are having arranged marriages and are perfectly happy with it. The there are others who have flat out refused, one even disowned her family arguing that if they wanted her to live by those rules they should not have moved to this country and intoduced her to a culture where you have the freedom/right to choose your own path.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 7:41 am

It's practical for some people to have arranged marriages. Convenient.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 7:46 am

How do you get this forum to stop sending emails to your account??
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 7:50 am

Click 'stop watching this topic' in the bottom left hand corner. I assume that's what you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 8:03 am

Thanks, i'll see if it works smile
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 8:06 am

Guys....

Would you rather be:
- Loved for who you are not, and have heaps of friends (while you know you're being fake)
OR
- Hated for who you are, and have no friends at all.

I know the "right" answer is the second one, but realistically not everyone would choose this.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 8:10 am

If you're being fake then technically you don't have real friends anyway. *shrug*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts XIII
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next