Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts XIII

Go down 
+10
MissLilly
Shanna_
Jugz da' Clown
Span_ski
Mike`
Dina
cinco
Sez
eli_
Alison DiLaurentis
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:23 pm

I thought there wasn't really anytime to do anything but duck and cover where you are when an earthquake happens. You'd be lucky if you were in an open space and not driving.

Tornados are better because you get warnings and can usually get to safety (NOT in an open space), but they are still scary as fuck. I was in one last year. Right before I got into the storm shelter, I saw all this debris flying around, the wind was insane, and it was the loudest thing I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:30 pm

Span_ski wrote:
I'm glad you're feeling better and also glad the earthquake didn't do any damage. Were you in work our at home?

Thanks.

I was working. Actually, we are having a film festival here and we were showing Senna. And the earthquake happened exactly when they were showing the weekend when Senna died in Imola. So depressing.

And after that my boss came talking about his experience in Mexico, during the 1985 earthquake that destroyed Mexico City and killed 70.000 people. Nice!

cinco wrote:
You should crawl under the bed during an earthquake to avoid falling chandeliers.

Sandstorms, earthquakes... that country has it all.
How long do you have to live there for your work? I mean... it's temporary, right?

Temporary for two years... Laughing

I'm going to be fine. There's a lot of good things and the experience is just amazing, but I can't say I'm not looking forward for my next posting, which should be somewhere nice in Europe or USA/Canada/Australia.

Jugz da' Clown wrote:
I thought there wasn't really anytime to do anything but duck and cover where you are when an earthquake happens. You'd be lucky if you were in an open space and not driving.

Tornados are better because you get warnings and can usually get to safety (NOT in an open space), but they are still scary as fuck. I was in one last year. Right before I got into the storm shelter, I saw all this debris flying around, the wind was insane, and it was the loudest thing I've ever heard.

Wow. That sounds really scary.

Last edited by Isa on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:34 pm

Wow, Isa. I didn't realize you were going to be in Pakistan for two years. I thought maybe like a year at the most. So you can't see your friends and family back home for this whole time? Or will you come home for like Christmas or something?
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:43 pm

Isa wrote:
Jugz da' Clown wrote:

Wow. That sounds really scary.

It was really scary for a few minutes, but it was crazy for a week afterwards, with no power and all.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:44 pm

Officially I'm here for a year, but it will probably be extended for another year. Staying here for a year and then going back to Brazil doesn't make much sense. So to be posted in some place nicer it's better to say two years.

My family might come visit me for Christmas/New Year and winter vacations. And I'm going to Brazil next year for sure, I'll get the the tickets and I can stay there for 30 days, probably in June next year.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:04 pm

That sounds like a long ass time, Isa. do you ever feel homesick?
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:24 pm

Oh yes, of course. But I've been living far away from my family for two years now. You get used to it. I think what helps here is that I not only have friends living next door and working with me, but I've met a bunch of people who are here in the same situation. Far from home, for from their cultures, etc. I've been very busy lately, everything has been really intense, that also makes things easier.

I think the first time this really hit me was on my birthday, two weeks ago. I didn't know back then, but my dad had a heart problem and he spent my birhtday in the hospital. They told me the next day, when everything was ok and I panicked a bit. It just struck me that if something happens, I'm just so far away from everything...
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:49 pm

Ughhhhhhh, been in a terrible mood all day. Wanted to hide but of course people wanted me to do things and I got guilt tripped into them; was all pissy because of that, and now I just got home, and I theoretically have to be up for work in five hours so I'm thinking fuck it, another day called in sick. What's three in a row after working two, which came after a week vacation. Shrug

It's super crazy and hectic and stressful and I just want to buy a plane ticket to somewhere poor, start walking, and keep a journal.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:59 am

Quote :
NURS 1001 Health and Human Biology 79.0 Distinction
NURS 1002 Health Assessment 68.0 Credit
NURS 1003 Population Health to Personal Healthcare 64.0 Pass
NURS 1004 Nursing Knowledge, Practice and Policy 58.0 Pass
aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

YESSSSS yahoo

funny though, i'm pretty sure they scaled people up because i couldn't have gotten 68 for that subject.

Last edited by voteforalice1 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:13 am

Congrats! smile
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:23 am

Thanks Dina!

Mike` wrote:
Ughhhhhhh, been in a terrible mood all day. Wanted to hide but of course people wanted me to do things and I got guilt tripped into them; was all pissy because of that, and now I just got home, and I theoretically have to be up for work in five hours so I'm thinking fuck it, another day called in sick. What's three in a row after working two, which came after a week vacation. Shrug

It's super crazy and hectic and stressful and I just want to buy a plane ticket to somewhere poor, start walking, and keep a journal.
Gah, i know the feeling.
Hopefully you'll feel better after a good sleep smile
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 5:43 am

voteforalice1 wrote:
Quote :
NURS 1001 Health and Human Biology 79.0 Distinction
NURS 1002 Health Assessment 68.0 Credit
NURS 1003 Population Health to Personal Healthcare 64.0 Pass
NURS 1004 Nursing Knowledge, Practice and Policy 58.0 Pass
aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

YESSSSS yahoo

funny though, i'm pretty sure they scaled people up because i couldn't have gotten 68 for that subject.

hi5

Well done, Rosie! I'm well proud of you. Cwtch
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:32 am

Thankya Charlie smile How you doin today?
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:55 am

I'm good, thanks. Working until 10 again tonight. After I finish on Sunday I will have done 33 hours this week towards my 100 hour target for the month. AND I have until 08.08.2012 to make up the rest of the hours, so potentially I could smash that target.

What are you up to?

Last edited by Charlie on Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:00 am

Solid Thumbs Up I think you're gonna be well prepared haha. How long are you going overseas for again?

And i'm just watching PLL smile

-----
Guys, come over to GF on saturday/sunday for Comic Con smile Naya will be there.
(if anyone cares)
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:09 am

I stopped keeping updated on GF ages ago. In fact, the last time I was actually on there was when I went over to tell you we miss you on here. tongue I might pop over for a little look on the weekend. smile If I forget just come on here an remind me. I'll be working 8-4 on Sat & Sun anyway so I'll probably be on here all day.

How was PLL this week?
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:14 am

8-4 on sat and sunday haha. Wow man.

PLL was meh this week. Nothing spesh. I'm going through old eps and noticing little clues. I've figured out which direction the writers are going in. I think i know who the "big A" is (see: rant in the TV thread tongue)
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:43 am

Congrats, Alice! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:00 am

^ Hug
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:01 am

LOL I still can't call you Rosie...
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:34 am

ROFL I don't even notice (and dw, i don't care)
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:54 am

voteforalice1 wrote:
8-4 on sat and sunday haha. Wow man.

PLL was meh this week. Nothing spesh. I'm going through old eps and noticing little clues. I've figured out which direction the writers are going in. I think i know who the "big A" is (see: rant in the TV thread tongue)

I just keep thinking about Thailand to get me through. tongue
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 9:20 am

After all the sweat and toil Thailand better delivers once it's gonna happen. tongue
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 9:20 am

I want it to be October already so I can be in Cuba. Sad
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 9:37 am

Mike` wrote:
I want it to be October already so I can be in Cuba. Sad

Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 Chico-and-rita-post-gkids
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts XIII
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next