Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts X

Go down 
+11
Sez
mardou
Alison DiLaurentis
Phyxrak
eli_
Isa
Mike`
Shanna_
Span_ski
Dina
MissLilly
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MissLilly

MissLilly

Random Thoughts X - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:19 pm

Sounds like a wonderful day Hannah smile

I'm enjoying a day of doing absolutely nothing. I haven't even bothered getting dressed today Laughing
Should possibly get to the store at some point though to get some groceries.
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:05 pm

It's a Fringe marathon here. We are about to have a break to eat ice cream.
Back to top Go down
Sez

Sez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Ahh 2:40am and this Grey's Anatomy episode is hilarious and drinking hot chocolate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://sezsisatotalgleekhehe.tumblr.com/
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySat May 12, 2012 4:02 pm

Ahahahahaha. If Bayern plays like that against Chelsea next Sat they are beyond fucked.

That was the most entertaining game I've seen in a while Very Happy Very Happy
5:2 I'm celebrating so hard right now Very Happy

They got kicked out of their leather-pants ROFL
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySat May 12, 2012 6:49 pm

Lol. I love your avatar Sez.

So I was just remembering the rumor we got about Santana singing a Toni Braxton song before the end of the season and it made me sad that we're not getting that. I wonder how much Santana will sing next season.

Oh shit, I almost forgot tomorrow is Mother's Day!
Back to top Go down
Sez

Sez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:52 am

Haha thanks Jugs!

Mum loved her present this year but not doing anything special lol
Back to top Go down
http://sezsisatotalgleekhehe.tumblr.com/
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:14 am

Eh, I'm taking mama out for lunch at a fancy Thai place, that's all she gets. tongue
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:19 am

All this talk of Mothers Day had me panicked I'd forgotten it again.... Thankfully it was a couple of months ago and thinking back my sister and I cooked a meal.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:21 pm

Today was election day in my "state" and once again barely 60% of the people who were entitled to vote made use of that right.
It's shocking really.

I don't understand how people can be so indifferent as to what happens with their government.
And if it's just for the sake to prevent these extreme right-winger parties to reach the 1% mark and therefore won't get back the money they invested into their campaigning.
People should always make use of their voice No
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:26 pm

Eh, I know a few years ago our federal election had a 47% turn out (In 2008 I think); people need a reason to vote, and for some people there is no difference between one party or another, one politician or another, so they don't really care.

In Canada we've had low turnouts over the last decade because there's really only one option (Conservatives), while the rest are beyond incompetent and unorganized (Libs got kicked out of office in 2004 and have been completely unorganized since). Based on that, the people who do vote are going to elect one party in a very obvious manner, so why bother showing up: the person you want to win is already guaranteed, or you've got no hope of unseating the person who's guaranteed.

Voter apathy is a pretty interesting thing to study IMO. I'm not sure what entirely is going on with Germany, but I think it's similar to the situation in Canada? One viable party and a couple of incompetent non-alternatives?
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:51 pm

I don't understand how people can't drag their asses out and vote. We have an option to vote blank if we don't want to vote for any of the parties or such. But at least then you have used your right to vote, and expressed your opinion.

And it's not that I necessarily believe that our votes actually count, but if you don't vote, you have no right whatsoever to complain about the outcome.

Different note, a friend of mine gave birth to a little baby boy today Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySun May 13, 2012 2:04 pm

Quote :
. I'm not sure what entirely is going on with Germany, but I think it's similar to the situation in Canada? One viable party and a couple of incompetent non-alternatives?
No not really.

You have the 2 "main" parties, the Social Democratic Party of Germany (representing the working-class) and the Christian Democratic Union (not really very Christian anymore & representing the people that are bit wealthier), that both get a majority of the votes.

Whoever got more votes, the Christian Democratic Union (26% - a huge low) - , or the Social Democratic Party (39% - a huge success), then have to form a coalition with another party to get above the 50%.

The considerable options are for example "Die Grünen" (The Greens) that care are about saving the environment (got 12%), the FDP (the Liberals, 8,5%), "Die Linken" (The Left) - though they didn't get enough votes with only 2,5% this year (You need more than 5% as a party to get seats in the German state parliament) and a pretty new party: Die Piraten (The Pirates) that got 8,5% and are all about more transparency in politics, Anti-ACTA etc.

For my "state", it has been the combo of Social Democratic Party plus "Die Grünen" (The Greens) for a long time.
BUT Germany in general is governed by The Christian Democratic Union together with the FDP (the Liberals) .

So you do have various options - REAL options... but the question is if those are maybe too many options?
Or if the parties have meanwhile gotten too similar with their views on the major things so people feel "It doesn't make a difference anyways".

But I think it's really bad an shocking how only 60% bother to vote.
And only about 70% at the federal election for Germany in '09... such a politics-vexation... No
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySun May 13, 2012 2:10 pm

MissLilly wrote:

Different note, a friend of mine gave birth to a little baby boy today Very Happy

Congratulations! Cheerleader
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySun May 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Jesus that's confusing Dina. Laughing I got lost like halfway through it. tongue

At the federal level, we've got corrupt Conservatives or incompetent boobery of the NDP or Liberals.
At the provincial level, we (Ontario) have corrupt and incompetent Liberals or untested and probably just as corrupt Conservatives and the NDP are non-existent.

That's it. Laughing We also have a Green Party that has only ever won one seat in federal parliament in its history (And that was in this year's election), and never a provincial seat outside British Columbia, and a couple of hundred of small parties that never get more than 1% of the total vote. tongue
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySun May 13, 2012 3:12 pm

Oh no - voting Green is very hip here.
We are already got out of the nuclear power and now they want to stop using for example coal as well roll eyes
I mean: I'm all for renewable energies, but let's do that all one step at a time and not stop using all of our resources at once because unfortunately your claims are unrealistic as hell if you have 82million people that need to be provided with electicity...
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySun May 13, 2012 3:40 pm

Haha yeah, voting NDP is the "hip" thing here, they have the same basic environmental platform as our Green Party does, plus they have actual opinions about other things as well. tongue High turnout in people between 18-25 was a huge reason the NDP are the official opposition now (Second most seats in federal parliament), all the "cool" kids voted NDP.

I'm cooler and voted Conservative, I'd rather the devil that gives me a job before stealing my earnings than the devil that loses my job and doesn't steal what little I have left over from unemployment. tongue

Canadian politics are so negative, always a choice between one bad party or another worse one. smile
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySun May 13, 2012 4:28 pm

lulz ROFL lulz

Okay: One of my friends just made my day.
He scanned the last page of his last german-exam where he had written a final poem to their teacher (who is also my german teacher)

He named it "Thränen des Deutschunterrichts" (Tears of the german-class) in reference to the famous poem "Thränen des Vaterlandes" (Tears of the Fatherland) from 1636

It's too bad you don't speak german because he actually made an effort to write it similar to the original piece language-wise.

And the teacher actually corrected it:

Random Thoughts X - Page 31 Thrane10

At the headline (Tears of the german-class) he wrote "I take that personally!"
And "Here the metre is crooked".

My friend wrote that he didn't like Woyzeck (the drama we had to read) he the teacher commented with "But how is that the poor guys fault?" (Woyzeck was basically about a guy who was turned into this crazy maniac by society and ultimately killed his girlfriend)
And then my friend said in the next line, that he didn't really like Iphigenie as well and the teacher commented with "Me neither... of course that is my personal opinion and not my professional one as a teacher!"

And then he wrote him a conclusion where it basically says "I would've liked to give you another point for this poem in your exam but your conclusion prevents me from doing that tongue

So much awesome on one little page Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySun May 13, 2012 5:42 pm

Hahahahahaaaa that's so brilliant!!
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySun May 13, 2012 5:45 pm

That's so funny Dina!! Laughing I actually tried reading it to see if I would understand it, but I can't make out all of his handwriting.

So what's everyone up to this fine evening? Or day?

Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:00 pm

I'm about to go out to have dinner. Since my sister is here all we have managed to do is eat anf watch films and tv shows. Fun times Laughing
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:02 pm

I'm glad you're enjoying yourselves Isa! smile Have fun!!
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:23 pm

I'm watching Godspell and drinking. I have so much misc alcohol that needs finished off!
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:25 pm

Mama and I got a big bottle of wine for the evening. smile
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Hmm.. Maybe I should enjoy a glass of wine as well. Gotta taste the one I got from the tax free. The box looked pretty, so that's why I chose it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:47 pm

I'm super tipsy and the sun is still out. Shame!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts X
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next