Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts X

Go down 
+11
Sez
mardou
Alison DiLaurentis
Phyxrak
eli_
Isa
Mike`
Shanna_
Span_ski
Dina
MissLilly
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Charles

Charles

Random Thoughts X - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:28 am

I do remember that it was cake, not cookies. Cheeky. My memory has always been terrible. I barely remember what I did last week. Another thing I remember from that trip is that on the last night, we were in the hotel room, I was lying in bed and I heard my friend light up on the other side of the room, when I said, "you know you've been here too long when you can't smell the weed anymore. I heard you light up, but I can't smell it, it's weird," then about three seconds later I was asleep.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:45 am

Tee hee!!

Sounds like a fun trip anyway smile! I had a random trip to Amsterdam a few years ago. Not so much of the weed to be honest. We did the Anne Frank house etc, and the Heineken brewery. Sensible stuff lol.

I did go to Delft one year though when I was at college. I wasn't meant to be going, but I was on my way to class and someone said there was space on the bus, so I just ran back to my dorm room, grabbed my passport and a sleeping bag and went. That trip was messy. Very messy, and very cold, it was like January. I remember there being 3 of us sleeping under my one sleeping bag on a table next to the one radiator in the ladies bathroom of the university gymnasium. There were cakes involved in that trip, and I remember not liking it so much, because there was a massive delay between me thinking, I should turn left etc and my body actually doing it. Not comforting in somewhere like Delft where there's freezing canals everywhere with no barriers etc.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:51 am

Yeah, not good.

Have they completely stopped tourists smoking in The Netherlands yet? Some cities have already, I think...
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:57 am

Allegedly.... but lets be honest that'll last all of about 5 minutes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 7:00 am

Yeah, I bet they don't get many tourists who only go to see the tulips and windmills. tongue
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 7:11 am

Errrrr nope! When we got back from Amsterdam last time, most people were shocked at our PG itinerary Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 7:25 am

Span_ski wrote:
Errrrr nope! When we got back from Amsterdam last time, most people were shocked at our PG itinerary Laughing

Makes sense to me! A lot of my friends regulary spend their holidays in the Netherlands to go camping, but few to none of them with the agenda "Yey! Weed is legal here! Let's get our smoke on!"

I don't know.. I guess it's just that if you want to smoke somewhere else, you can just do that - even if it's not legal...?
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 7:30 am

Yeah, Amsterdam isn't really attractive for me for weed smoking. It's a beautiful place that I'd love to go to, but I smoke all the time at home. If I go on vacation, it's to take a break from smoking as well. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 7:38 am

I'm not disputing that people don't go there for a 'normal' holiday. I went for three weeks with my family once to Amsterdam and a couple of other places, and even when I went with my friends I didn't go to smoke, I just tried it while I was there *shrug*. But, for example, I know that the last 3 guys in work who got married had their stag do in Amsterdam and a lot of my school friends still go there regularly just to smoke. I just think their tourism industry will suffer greatly having been to Amsterdam in particular and seeing the types of people that visit there.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 7:41 am

Oh yeah, there's a huge tourism industry there just for drugs and hookers, no disputing that. tongue
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 7:49 am

To be fair though, most visitors to The Netherlands are from Europe. If I remember correctly from my uni days, something like 1 in 5 visitors is from outside of Europe. So potentially, it may not be impacted as much because for other Europeans, The Netherlands is just as easy to get to as anywhere else in Europe, so why not just go there for you holiday? But then you have to factor in the fact that the majority of Europeans (not all, I know) want to go somewhere sunny (the south of France, Spain, Portugal), therefore, what might have made The Netherlands appeal to them before, and choose that over a holiday in Benidorm or Mallorca etc., has been taken away.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 8:32 am

Yeah, that's a good point. I think that was the view of mayor of Amsterdam too. He wasn't thrilled about this new ban. I just can't see it being strictly enforced Shrug
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:03 am

Hi guys! I've never been to Amsterdam and I've never tried marijuana... lol... I don't think I can't add anything to this discussion.

Anyway I'm home for the next days because the company that will ship my things to Pakistan will start packing tomorrow! There are so many things I need to do... yahoo
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:16 am

Isa, I'm so excited for you. Really.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:20 am

Anyway, I guess I'm kind of the Devil's Advocate on the topic of Amsterdam/weed. I don't really care whether they ban it or not. Wouldn't alter my holiday there (if I went again) because I'm not really a fan of smoking weed. ROFL I'm just thinking of their economy.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:22 am

Awww... thanks, Charlie. Laughing

I'm very excited.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:24 am

Charlie wrote:
Anyway, I guess I'm kind of the Devil's Advocate on the topic of Amsterdam/weed. I don't really care whether they ban it or not. Wouldn't alter my holiday there (if I went again) because I'm not really a fan of smoking weed. ROFL I'm just thinking of their economy.

Ditto! But I think tourism there could take a big hit.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:25 am

@ Isa - Except for the whole swimming pools being non existent thing. I mean, WTF!? Hehehe.

Last edited by Charlie on Tue May 15, 2012 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:26 am

Charlie wrote:
Except for the whole swimming pools being non existent thing. I mean, WTF!? Hehehe.

ROFL

I know. I still don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:27 am

Seems like a really subtle form of torture of the masses to me. lulz
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:35 am

Charlie wrote:
Seems like a really subtle form of torture of the masses to me. lulz

Yeah, I mean it just seems so mean?! Why would they do that to people. I mean you should be allowed to have one if you have high enough fences or something?
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:38 am

? I don't understand? They do have pubclic swimming-pools in Amsterdam?!
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:40 am

In Pakistan, Dina.

But maybe my friends got it wrong. I'll check this information when I get there. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:49 am

Dina wrote:

Cwtch Sorry, Dina. I didn't make myself very clear then, did I?
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:03 pm

Isa wrote:
In Pakistan, Dina.

But maybe my friends got it wrong. I'll check this information when I get there. Laughing

Charlie wrote:
Dina wrote:

Cwtch Sorry, Dina. I didn't make myself very clear then, did I?

lulz

Oh no! My bad - typical Dina-answer Wink
Yes, Pakistan makes much more sense

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts X   Random Thoughts X - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts X
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next