Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random thoughts V

Go down 
+12
Alison DiLaurentis
Jugz da' Clown
Niklas
Dina
mardou
Shanna_
Sez
MissLilly
Isa
Span_ski
eli_
Charles
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Span_ski

Span_ski

Random thoughts V - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:40 pm

You should have piped up last week kid... I was there then Laughing
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:45 pm

I think I've tried them, not sure though .. but I must confess that I'm not a big fan of dulce de leche. That makes me a bad argentinian I guess Laughing but there are havannas with chocolate mousse..... yahoo
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:46 pm

I cant really eat sweet stuff, so I haven't tried any... lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:47 pm

But you tried fernet and that's all you need.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:48 pm

MissLilly wrote:
Span_ski wrote:

MissLilly wrote:
Lol! Sounds good! I'll check the prices and such when they're available, and let you know then asd

Ooooo more board meet ups on the agenda! Exciting stuff!! Happy

Totally! I hope Charlie can make it, because I'm definitely going now. No question about it bounce

I was talking with my "second mom" this evening and mentioned that I wanted to go, and she went totally crazy, and wanted to come as well, and bring my friend (her daughter) along also. AND she's paying for it all!

So Charlie, if you get the day off and such, I'll totally pay the concert ticket for you since I won't have to pay for anything else myself now, so you can save that money for Bali fiesta

You're so sweet. smile But there's really no need. I can sort my ticket. I just have to check my availability. Hehe.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:51 pm

Span_ski wrote:

I know, but I don't want to get fat. Laughing

mardou wrote:
I think I've tried them, not sure though .. but I must confess that I'm not a big fan of dulce de leche. That makes me a bad argentinian I guess Laughing but there are havannas with chocolate mousse..... yahoo

Span_ski wrote:

swear

(This is my favorite mad smiley btw).

Dulche de leche is amazing...

And what about Freddo's dulche de leche granizado ice cream? yahoo
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:55 pm

Isabela wrote:
You are such a disappointment at this point, Han. You are not even in the Top4. No

1 Isabela 1403
2 MissLilly 970
3 Charlie 914
4 voteforalice1 762
5 Span_ski 741

LOL

Aw, Han. Cwtch
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:56 pm

Isabela wrote:

I hate dulce de leche as an ice cream flavour Laughing but Freddo's is good. Definetly one of the most expensive ice creams in town but it's worth it. I love their mascarpone.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:56 pm

Span_ski wrote:
Isabela wrote:
You are such a disappointment at this point, Han. You are not even in the Top4. No

1 Isabela 1403
2 MissLilly 970
3 Charlie 914
4 voteforalice1 762
5 Span_ski 741

LOL

I'm having flashbacks.. to school, uni, my parents... a few women.... this is a shocking revelation!! ROFL

lulz Again... Aw, Han. Cwtch
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:10 pm

Charlie wrote:

You're so sweet. smile But there's really no need. I can sort my ticket. I just have to check my availability. Hehe.

Aww, look at you, thinking you have a choice in the matter Laughing
When the tickets go online I'm buying them, and if you can't get off work, I'll just sell it. Okay?
So you just sort out the stuff on your end, and let me know when you know Wink
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:12 pm

mardou wrote:
Isabela wrote:

I hate dulce de leche as an ice cream flavour Laughing but Freddo's is good. Definetly one of the most expensive ice creams in town but it's worth it. I love their mascarpone.

For some odd reason, there's a Freddo here in Brasilia. I always go there and buy dulce de leche granizado. I don't think I ever tried something else. I just can't ask for something different. What if it's not good? I hate feeling I've wasted an opportunity to eat something I love. LOL
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:15 pm

MissLilly wrote:
Charlie wrote:

Aww, look at you, thinking you have a choice in the matter Laughing
When the tickets go online I'm buying them, and if you can't get off work, I'll just sell it. Okay?
So you just sort out the stuff on your end, and let me know when you know Wink

It does sound like I don't have a choice. I guess I'll just have to make it up to you with alcohol or something then. Hehe. smile
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:23 pm

Charlie wrote:

It does sound like I don't have a choice. I guess I'll just have to make it up to you with alcohol or something then. Hehe. smile
I love how most of our conversations end up with a resolution about alcohol/drinks. Cheers

Last edited by mardou on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:24 pm

mardou wrote:
But you tried fernet and that's all you need.

I've tried lots of fernet.... I actually have a bottle in the UK lol... now that's impressive!! Most people dont even know what it is!

Isabela wrote:
Span_ski wrote:

I know, but I don't want to get fat. Laughing

mardou wrote:

One more box aint gonna hurt.. if I make it to montevideo I'll grab a box lol.

What is dulce de leche anyway? Like sweet milk??? I have NFI?

Span_ski wrote:

swear

(This is my favorite mad smiley btw).

Dulche de leche is amazing...

Yep sorry, dont have a sweet tooth at all lol!

Charlie wrote:
Span_ski wrote:
Isabela wrote:

1 Isabela 1403
2 MissLilly 970
3 Charlie 914
4 voteforalice1 762
5 Span_ski 741

LOL

I'm having flashbacks.. to school, uni, my parents... a few women.... this is a shocking revelation!! ROFL

lulz Again... Aw, Han. Cwtch

Lol... It's cool! I can see the funny side of all my short comings.. excuse the pun. Laughing
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:28 pm

Charlie wrote:

Lol! Alright, that's a deal smile
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:30 pm

Span_ski wrote:

I've tried lots of fernet.... I actually have a bottle in the UK lol... now that's impressive!! Most people dont even know what it is!

Im impressed. Seriously. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:47 pm

I'm vocally swcrewed. I'm now top soprano in one show and a tenor in the other. This is going to be painful.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:04 pm

I have almost no idea what that means (never understood the whole soprano/tenor/other stuff) but, you can do it! I believe in you smile Everything will be fine, just take care of your voice/vocal chord, or you know, whatever it is that can be screwed up tongue
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:44 pm

The problem is both parts are the extremes of my voice. I can sing very high. If I was properly trained I could probably sing lyric soprano. I have the notes and ability but they weren't discovered until very late. Instead of singing high and light I tend to punch the high notes. Imagine a high opera singer without the float to the voice. On the other extreme I'm singing a guy part. I was trained to sing low but I bottom out vocally a little high for a true low singer. Singing the part will be physically painful for me. Even if I find a way to hit some of the notes they will still be really ugly. it's potentially a very bad time either way.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:57 pm

Oh, I see. Well, is it possible to change the tone a bit that fits your comfort zone a bit more, so it won't be so extreme?
I mean, you don't wanna be in pain for however long the show(s) run, and potentially damage your vocal chord or anything, right? And if it won't sound so good either, why risk it?

How come you ended up with these difficult singing parts?
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:40 pm

The guy part I ended up with because I'm willing to be an idiot and people seem to think I can sing low. The high part I have because I can hit the notes and you need 3 less people on the part if I'm singing it. I free up people to sing harmony.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:06 am

Well, see, I'm gonna trust the judgement of those who have heard you sing and who believe you can do it. They wouldn't let you on stage if you were going to do bad, or make a fool of yourself.
Everything will be just fine smile Just you believe in it too!

And, as I said, if you find out during rehearsals that it hurts too much, see if you can't get them to change the tone to a more comfortable level for you.

And don't forget to warm up your voice and such.

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:00 am

That sucks, Shanna. How much time do you have until the play starts?
I have a very limited voice - I can't go very high and I can't sing low at all.

If there is music involved it would of course be a little more tricky to transpose the whole thing up/down, but if it's "just" you singing, I'd say that would be pretty a manageable.

I admire people who really know how to sing. I was driving my singing coach insane because I was never really able to learn the proper breathing technique. I just never seemed to use my Thoracic diaphragm, she really was at loss with me Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:24 am

The last few pages have been amusing to read. Thanks for that Laughing

@Lilly, would it be too annoying if i asked you to post that gorillavid link that you posted a while ago for Lost Girl. I can't download here (very very slow) but i'd love to watch it. Please02
Same with PLL actually.
I will pay you in love? hug Hug love

Also, whenever i scroll past one of your posts, i feel like kissing your avatar. Kennnziiii babyyy.

EDIT- Wait i found the one for that particular episode you posted a while ago...but i'm not sure how to get to ep 15.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:49 am

voteforalice1 wrote:
The last few pages have been amusing to read. Thanks for that Laughing

@Lilly, would it be too annoying if i asked you to post that gorillavid link that you posted a while ago for Lost Girl. I can't download here (very very slow) but i'd love to watch it. Please02
Same with PLL actually.
I will pay you in love? hug Hug love

Also, whenever i scroll past one of your posts, i feel like kissing your avatar. Kennnziiii babyyy.

EDIT- Wait i found the one for that particular episode you posted a while ago...but i'm not sure how to get to ep 15.

Rosie! How's it going? smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts V   Random thoughts V - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts V
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next