Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brittana with Spoilers I

Go down 
+16
Tuk17
Melissa
Dina
Niklas
badromancexx
Alison DiLaurentis
Shanna_
Cora_
Ato
eli_
House Carl
Charles
MissLilly
mardou
Span_ski
Isa
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Ato

Ato

Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 8:50 pm

MissLilly wrote:

It's actually infuriating that Brittany is given nothing to show off her part of the relationship, what she thinks and feels.
It has to be deliberate. Especially when considering Finn's observation.

Then again, I and many others in fandom, have been getting that "ambivalent" vibe from Brittany for a while, even when Brittana was getting stuff last season.

It's just more obvious now.

But the fact that Brittany was completely unfazed that Santana was in love with her and she was still dating Artie unconflicted...just came off very indifferent. Or at the very least, she obviously didn't feel the need to be with Santana.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:05 pm

In the hands of good writers, I think it would be a great setup for Santana in the spin off if she is heartbroken because the person she loves the most didn't love her back the same way. It would add tragic colours to her already complex character, it could make her bitter and afraid of falling in love again.

It's so hard to say anything from Heather's acting, but Finn's line definitely seals the deal. I'm still kinda sad that when Santana was suffering because she couldn't be with Brittany, Brittany was happy with Artie. I especifically remember that scene in the Lima Bean ("I've gotta gay... go"), Santana was crushed and Brittany was acting like nothing had happened. I remember talking about that back then.
Back to top Go down
Ato

Ato

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:09 pm

Blue Zeppelin wrote:
In the hands of good writers, I think it would be a great setup for Santana in the spin off if she is heartbroken because the person she loves the most didn't love her back the same way. It would add tragic colours to her already complex character, it could make her bitter and afraid of falling in love again.

If there is a spin-off (coupled with naya's comments that Santana would be a 'hot mess' in college), I kinda thought that's the route they'd take.

Santana's more fun from a writing perspective that way.

If there is no spinoff, I think it will be amicable though. I think it'll be amicable either way, I dont think Brittana could ever not feel fondly towards each other, but less regret/bitterness/guardedness.

I dunno. I'm kinda pulling for guarded afraid-of-love Santana if the spinoff is a go.

Quote :
It's so hard to say anything from Heather's acting, but Finn's line definitely seals the deal.

yeah, that line was deliberate. But a lot of lines we think are anvils end up being forgotten by writers all the time, so I dunno.

And agreed on Brit/Artie and Santana pining. She just seemed indifferent that Santana was pining and it hurt to see her and Artie, and she didn't seem conflicted with Artie or like she was wishing her nobility wasn't keeping her with Artie....all she said was she missed being Santana's friend in Original Song.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:22 pm

It's weird looking back now, remembering all the excuses I would make for Brittany, and how blindly I believed and argued that she clearly loves Santana.

I just can't find it in my heart to believe it any more. And I don't know who to blame, if it's Heather or the writers for "forgetting" her, or if there's actually something to this. Which I do believe, I just don't know quite to what extent, or what fallout there will be.

It makes me a little sad.

But then again I'm an angst whore, so... If it gets ugly, I'll probably soak it up like a sponge tongue
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Ato

Ato

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:30 pm

Same. I made up some of the most winding head canon, but if Brit was in love with Santana, she would have chosen her. Plain and simple. Or at least looked conflicted after Sexy.

I HOPE this is all leading somewhere. I'll be more angry if it just stays in this limbo or we get a half-assed reassurance that Brit's single and wants to mingle.

Id rather Santana heart broken and justified in her heartbreak than in this limbo where Brittana's in the background and Santana believes somewhere deep down that Brittany doesn't love her back but she's so happy anyway that she'll just play along.

That's more sad to me.
Back to top Go down
Cora_

Cora_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:34 pm

I would gladly take angst right now, even if it ends in a break-up. (Just think of all the great songs it would provide for Naya!)

I guess Brittana actually being together hasn't been as fun as I thought it would be. Maybe because we've hardly seen any of it. But I think even if it had been more prominent, happiness and cuteness would get old after a while. Some shippers want that stuff non-stop, and get pissed at the writers when there's trouble or angst. (The Finchel shippers seem particularly prone to that.) But if it's done well and not in some easy, trite "third person obstacle" kind of way, it can be so fascinating to watch a relationship take a dark turn.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:46 pm

So how much do we want to bet that when Becky gets this crush on Artie, we'll see jealous Brittany?

Edit:
I agree. Fluff gets boring.
Give me angst, and lots of it, and I'm a happy little shipper Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Ato

Ato

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:53 pm

Cora_ wrote:
I would gladly take angst right now, even if it ends in a break-up. (Just think of all the great songs it would provide for Naya!)

Dusty Springfield, please!

Quote :

I guess Brittana actually being together hasn't been as fun as I thought it would be. Maybe because we've hardly seen any of it.

Yeah :/ I was at least looking forward to them being cute and Santana being happy. But I kinda just find how besotted and giddy she is sorta...tragic when her facial expression confirmed what Finn said was one of her fears.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:22 pm

Dusty Springfield is a must on the music front. I will continuously agree with you on that Ato!
Back to top Go down
Ato

Ato

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:26 pm

Naya would sound SO GOOD. Just so good. Such a perfect fit vocally. And such great songs that this generation needs in their life.
Back to top Go down
Cora_

Cora_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:33 pm

You don't have to say you love me
Just be close at hand
You don't have to stay forever
I will understand
Believe me, believe me
I can't help but love you
But believe me
I'll never tie you down

So sad and angsty, if you think about her referring to Brittany.

Though I suppose the issue wouldn't really be Brittany not wanting to be tied down, but rather Brittany not caring whether she is or not.
Back to top Go down
Ato

Ato

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:35 pm

It's honestly the right song too if they're going that way. Cuz Santana's still gonna love her and want her near.

Brit seems kinda bored or something. I dont know...she was cool with Artie, but she still had Santana on the side...Brit just seems like too much of a free-spirit to be tied down. She just wants to go to Prom and dance with everyone and have fun. I dunno.

I thought I Just Dont Know What To Do With Myself would have been perfect last year when her and Brit were separated.

And if they wanna do a fun one and Brittana's good, I Only Want to Be with You is really really cute. And is a great describer of their relationship..."ever since we met you had a hold on me."
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:43 pm

Ato wrote:
Naya would sound SO GOOD. Just so good. Such a perfect fit vocally. And such great songs that this generation needs in their life.
I so agree! Dusty was amazing and I would kill to hear Naya any number of her songs.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:46 pm

Still hoping for Dusty's version of Anyone Who Had A Heart. I would cry buckets.
Back to top Go down
Ato

Ato

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:51 pm

^That would be really beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:55 pm

btw, the Adele mashup has already hit 10 million views.

And I can't believe IWS is behind the Red Solo Cup trash. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ato

Ato

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:55 pm

10 million in 4 weeks. That's insane.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:03 pm

That is a crazy amount of views!
Back to top Go down
Cora_

Cora_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:12 pm

Ato wrote:

And if they wanna do a fun one and Brittana's good, I Only Want to Be with You is really really cute. And is a great describer of their relationship..."ever since we met you had a hold on me."
That's one of the most beautiful songs ever. I was obsessed with Vonda Shepherd's version from the Ally McBeal soundtrack, because the first girl I actually loved and I once sang it at the top of our lungs in Edinburgh, Scotland, walking around in the rain and making fools of ourselves.

Of course, it sounds less romantic if I add in the fact that we were wearing these godawful yellow ponchos and the reason we were wandering the streets is because we were searching for a McDonald's. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:14 pm

Yellow ponchos or not, Cora, this story is very cute and made me smile. smile
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:17 pm

I have warm fuzzy feelings from that story Cora
Back to top Go down
Ato

Ato

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:19 pm

Cora_ wrote:
Ato wrote:

That's one of the most beautiful songs ever. I was obsessed with Vonda Shepherd's version from the Ally McBeal soundtrack, because the first girl I actually loved and I once sang it at the top of our lungs in Edinburgh, Scotland, walking around in the rain and making fools of ourselves.

Of course, it sounds less romantic if I add in the fact that we were wearing these godawful yellow ponchos and the reason we were wandering the streets is because we were searching for a McDonald's. Laughing

asldfkjas;kldfa

No, omg the ponchos makes it even cuter. That is so adorable. I'm dying.

My parents bonded over searching for a Burger King and their original chicken sandwich.

Fast food restaurants...if only they knew the romances they fueled... Wink

Last edited by Ato on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:20 pm

Just saw this on tumblr and had the need to post it here. Love

Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 Tumblr_lw0pv3Mipq1r7b4gxo1_500
Back to top Go down
Ato

Ato

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:23 pm

Blue Zeppelin wrote:
Just saw this on tumblr and had the need to post it here. Love

Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 Tumblr_lw0pv3Mipq1r7b4gxo1_500

Cursing Naya and her stupid life-ruining face.

Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:27 pm

Ugh, Naya is so, so pretty there. I love everything about this picture, her hair, her clothes, Britt's hair, blonde-brunette, even Britt's mouth is perfect. It might also be my favorite Brittana moment.

btw, I'm surprised we haven't discussed those damn uniforms over here yet, especially considering the layout is based on those uniforms. Laughing But we are going to change the template, don't worry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brittana with Spoilers I   Brittana with Spoilers I - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brittana with Spoilers I
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next