Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random thoughts III

Go down 
+12
Dina
eli_
Mike`
Charles
Phyxrak
Alison DiLaurentis
Isa
Melissa
MissLilly
Span_ski
Shanna_
Jugz da' Clown
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Span_ski

Span_ski

Random thoughts III - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:21 pm

I said to Isa, Oh I think Jugz will be happy...and then I saw your post and was like... no, no I'm way off base lol!

ha ha ha
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:21 pm

I don't understand how can anyone find sports boring. I mean, even curling can be exciting.

Anyway... Lilly, I've added the lighter smiley and also this hi5.

hi5
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:25 pm

Woo! Awesome, Isa thumbs up

Sports has never been my thing. Bores me to death. I don't get how anyone enjoys it tongue
Figure skating is fun to watch though, if I ever come across it. But I don't follow it. Don't even know if it counts as a sport to be quite honest, but for the sake of conversation..
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:26 pm

I said I find football boring, not all sports.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:31 pm

I will watch just about any sport. I love to watch talented passionate people and sports have those.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:34 pm

I love the drama and the storylines, it's like a great tv show with the ultimate writing crew. Just this year alone: Tebow, four 5,000-yard passers, 15-1 Green Bay, the Eagles 'Dream Team', and the whole Offense v. Defense and Madden-video-game transitions the league and sport's going through. tongue

I can only watch hockey these days during playoffs, 82 games throws me off lol. And I'll watch basketball highlights but I'd never watch an actual game; baseball can die.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:36 pm

Yeah... I'll watch any sport... except maybe golf... the ball's so freaking tiny, you're basically just watching some well looked after grass, a man with a stick and some people clapping in a reserved fashion... pass... lol
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:41 pm

Shanna_ wrote:
I will watch just about any sport. I love to watch talented passionate people and sports have those.

Exactly. Me too.

Few things are as exciting and inspiring as sports. There's something about sports that makes me hopeful. I think the idea that there's always another chance, "we can do it better and we can do it together". "Maybe next year we will win". It's pure raw emotion. It makes little sense and a lot of sense at the same time. I don't know, I just love it. I couldn't live without sports.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:42 pm

Span_ski wrote:
Yeah... I'll watch any sport... except maybe golf... the ball's so freaking tiny, you're basically just watching some well looked after grass, a man with a stick and some people clapping in a reserved fashion... pass... lol

ROFL

Yeah, golf and baseball are sports I can't watch. Those are really boring.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:45 pm

I like some sports too.

I'm actually excited for the Olympics. Even if i don't really understand the sport, i like having someone to root for.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:45 pm

I prefer basketball, baseball, soccer, ice hockey, ice skating, tennis, table tennis, volleyball, field hockey, lacrosse, gymnastics, kickball, dodgeball, racquetball, badminton, softball, bowling, skiing, snowboarding, polo, water polo, swimming, diving, water-skiing, wakeboarding, parasailing, surfing, skateboarding, billards, bobsledding, rugby, golf, ultimate frisbee, track & field, croquet, cycling, boxing, wrestling, golf, and miniature golf to football tongue

Last edited by Jugz da' Clown on Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:48 pm

Span_ski wrote:

Atleast golf is more fun for me to play than football. Oh wait, I don't play football because I'm a girl. tongue
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:50 pm

Jugz da' Clown wrote:
I prefer basketball, baseball, soccer, ice hockey, ice skating, tennis, table tennis, volleyball, field hockey, lacrosse, gymnastics, kickball, dodgeball, racquetball, badminton, softball, bowling, skiing, snowboarding, polo, water polo, swimming, diving, water-skiing, wakeboarding, parasailing, surfing, skateboarding, billards, bobsledding, rugby, golf, ultimate frisbee, track & field, croquet, cycling, boxing, wrestling, golf, and miniture golf to football tongue
lulz

So, hang on, not sure I follow... you don't like football Jugz???

ROFL
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Mike` wrote:
I love the drama and the storylines, it's like a great tv show with the ultimate writing crew. Just this year alone: Tebow, four 5,000-yard passers, 15-1 Green Bay, the Eagles 'Dream Team', and the whole Offense v. Defense and Madden-video-game transitions the league and sport's going through. tongue
sleepy
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:57 pm

I wish I could play football. I wanted to play when I was in school but my parents told me I would probaby get killed. I really want to try roller derby now!
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:59 pm

I kinda wanna do boxing.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:00 pm

I played safety for the high school junior team with my best friend playing the other side (I usually played Strong, he played Free), was honestly some of the best times of my life. We went undefeated in Grade 10, won provincials. smile There's so much more going on in games than just what the TV shows (The focus on the quarterback to ball to receiver) and you miss so much stuff on the sidelines and in the backfield. The actual feeling of an interception is beyond words.

Plus it makes me laugh when I see NFL players missing the kind of tackles my coaches basically beat into us. Laughing Fundamentals are a dying art in most of the NFL.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:02 pm

You guys call that weird game where you run with the ball in your arms for football though, don't you, and then you call real football soccer, aint it so? I've always found that so weird.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:04 pm

MissLilly wrote:
You guys call that weird game where you run with the ball in your arms for football though, don't you, and then you call real football soccer, aint it so? I've always found that so weird.

Because every ten minutes or so a guy comes out to kick the ball back to other other team or through a giant metal H for 1-3 points of a possible eight in any scoring drive. FOOTBALL!

Or as my old mate from Finland called it, HANDEGG!
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:06 pm

Yeah, for me football is something you play with your foot... It doesn't make sense calling football something you play basically with you hands, but whatever...
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:06 pm

But soccer is real football, because they actually kick the ball all the time
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:09 pm

Shanna_ wrote:
I wish I could play football. I wanted to play when I was in school but my parents told me I would probaby get killed. I really want to try roller derby now!

Oh yeah, I forgot about roller derby. That's more fun to watch than football, too. I'm not a very good skater though so I'd be afraid to actually do it.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:10 pm

Shanna_ wrote:

LOL... This kinda reminds me of when I was roped into playing rugby at uni. My friend (who was, well, taller, stronger and significantly more athletic than me, and had also had try outs for the England youth team) wanted to try for the uni team but didn't want to go on her own. We tried and both got in (me because it was a mostly male uni, and it was a numbers thing lol).

Anyway... first match, they shoved me at full back, I tried to tackle this girl, grabbed onto her legs, and she just walked the ball over the try line (with me still attached) lol. Granted, the whole of me was the same size as her one leg, but whatever lol.

Second match, I got tackled, they were aiming for waist height I think, and they just got my skull, and I probably played the rest of the game with concussion. lol

Third match, I ran off the pitch with the ball out of play to avoid being KO'd by some giant.

The only thing I could do was kick the ball, because I can play soccer (or proper football). I could kick it through that H thingy no probs!

In conclusion. Tiny Han + Egg shaped ball = bad idea.

Shanna, for you, I think the same rules apply Laughing
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:11 pm

One sport that really annoys me and Brazillians seem to love is beach football. Rolling Eyes

All these beach sports, actually. I love volley but beach volley annoys me too
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:14 pm

Isabela wrote:
One sport that really annoys me and Brazillians seem to love is beach football. Rolling Eyes

All these beach sports, actually. I love volley but beach volley annoys me too

I have no problem with beach volleyball Laughing sorry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts III   Random thoughts III - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts III
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next