Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Music talk

Go down 
+11
Jugz da' Clown
Sez
Shanna_
Alison DiLaurentis
Dina
Span_ski
mardou
House Carl
MissLilly
Charles
Isa
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
mardou

mardou

Music talk - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:15 pm

hahaha ikr?
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:02 pm

Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 1:41 am

Rachel should sing this song on Glee (when she breaks off her engagement to Finn)- "Where I Stood"- Missy Higgins
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 2:35 pm

I love you Freddie! I love you song of the day..... and one of my all time favourites to sing in the shower.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:17 pm

Good song Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:00 pm

Missy Higgins- All For Believing. That was my song today.

(why do i still not know how to spell "believing" properlyyyy?!)
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:00 am

Lol, Rosie! You're so cute. smile

So, I was listening to the radio on my way home from work and it played:

Echo & the Bunnymen - Killing Moon
Nirvana - Come As You Are
Thin Lizzy - Whiskey in the Jar

I was happy with it. Hehe.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Doesn't this just make you want to crawl into your bed and cry?

Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:10 am

Bon Iver I love you
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:56 am

That's beautiful, Dina.

Everyday I see new additions here in this thread and I can't keep up, because when I'm working I can't listen to videos. One day I want to just sit here and listen to all of your recommendations, guys. It's like a goal or something. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:06 am

I'm the same, I can't listen to/watch this stuff while I'm in work. Unless I find a spot with really good signal to load it on my phone. I feel like I'm always catching up with something. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:15 am

I can't watch most of the stuff because it's all blocked in Germany... thanks GEMA -.-
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:27 am

Sad That sucks.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:49 am

Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:04 am

Aaaaaand my point is proven: can't see it Wink
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:08 am

That sucks, Dina!

I can watch it perfectly. Not really my kind of music, but I like it.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:09 am

You can't even see a WT vid, and they're from your neighboring country? That is bad!
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 12:04 pm

It has nothing to do with where they're from. It has to do with the GEMA, a performance right organisation here in germany. GEMA = Society for musical performing and mechanical reproduction rights

So they attend to their duty to protect the rights of authors and artists, but blocking their videos is actually damaging their careers more than it helps them.
Youtube and GEMA can't seem to find any common ground so that's why so many videos are blocked for us.

The funny thing about me being so mad about that: I'm a member of the GEMA myself yahoo Not like I really had much of a choice but still somehow ironic
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 12:27 pm

So, how does that work? You're only allowed to watch videos from Germany? What about official videos put out by the bands accounts themselves?
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:07 pm

No videos from german artists are blocked, too Wink
Of course not all are blocked - but as you can gather from my constant 'Nope, can't see that!' quite a few

Official videos are blocked, too.

When you become a member of the GEMA they become your organisation to 'take care' of your rights as an artist.
For example legally, whenever I play a concert with my band where we cover a song of another band or just play our own songs since I had to have them registered, I would have to "write a letter" (so to speak) to the GEMA and tell them.
The locality would have to pay so called GEMA-fees and I - as an artist - and the Band which we covered would get royalties.

THEY supervise your rights as soon as you sign the membership, you can't do it halfway and say "But I'll just release this".

Of course for me that's very theoretically, because I doubt that the GEMA cares about every little concert we play but still... that's how it works.
It's really complicated! Before I signed the membership I called our produer and was like "I don't understand anything they are saying here. Could you please explain this to me because I'm really confused!"
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:14 pm

In short: Whenever there is music, which rights are preserved by the GEMA here in germany, the video will be blocked for us.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:22 pm

That is some confusing deal right there...
So they also preserve rights of foreign artists since they block those from you as well?

So, what are you allowed to watch?
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:33 pm

foreign artist that have the rights of their work also preserved in germany: yes
BUT of course youtube and the GEMA don't find and block them all, so they still are videos on youtube that I can watch, though normally they would be blocked.

And if all fails you can always hide your IP with a proxy Wink
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 7:24 pm

First time listening to The Birthday Massacre. Not bad. Not bad at all!
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:40 pm

Song of the day. god, I love jazz I love you

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music talk   Music talk - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Music talk
Page 13 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next