Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie talk

Go down 
+14
Mike`
badromancexx
Shanna_
eli_
Melissa
Jugz da' Clown
Dina
Alison DiLaurentis
House Carl
Span_ski
Charles
mardou
MissLilly
Isa
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Isa

Isa

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 4:47 pm

Can't wait for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 5:34 pm

I've heard so much about those books and movies. Feel like I should at least give the movies a chance at some point.
They're being made by Americans as well now, right? Or have they already? Just can't deal with swedish, or norwegian, or whatever they're made in originally. I get so embarrased watching movies with scandinavian language, lol!

The movie I am really looking forward to is The Hunger Games.
Read the books when they came out, and have read them so many times since, that the books are falling apart.
Just about 3 months left until the first movie! Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Isa

Isa

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 5:47 pm

Yes, it's a new version, directed by David Fincher (The Social Network, Seven).

I saw the Swedish trilogy and I read the first book. The Swedish films are ok. The book is entertaining and presents a great character, Lisbeth Salander. I'm kinda in love right now with Rooney Mara, who will play Lisbeth in this new American version.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 5:54 pm

Without even seeing the swedish movies, I'm almost sure the american one will be better.
But that's a language thing for me, and the fact that I don't think scandinavians can act to save their lives.
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Isa

Isa

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 6:21 pm

I think it's going to be sooo much better.

I don't usually like Hollywood remakes and I don't like when they do remake of foreign films, but in this case the Swedish films are no big deal and thillers is what Hollywood does best. Besides, David Fincher is awesome.
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 6:28 pm

Blue Zeppelin wrote:
Yes, it's a new version, directed by David Fincher (The Social Network, Seven).
And Fight Club!! the guy has directed good movies. I totally trust him even tought I don't know anything about the girl with the dragon tatto.. (we need a dragon smiley)
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 6:37 pm

Yeah, I love Fight Club too.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 6:14 pm

Vicky Christina Barcelona was just advertised on TV to be shown next week. That's pretty cool. I liked it enough to watch it again.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 6:53 pm

VCB was nice. But nothing compares to old Woody Allen. My favorites are Annie Hall and Manhattan.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 6:57 pm

I'm ashamed to say that I haven't seen either. And I used to live with two film students. Although they were both in to some pretty random stuff.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 7:07 pm

Those are must see.

Also, Zelig, which is brilliant.
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 2:02 am

Whatever Works is a good one (and is not old at all). Annie Hall is a complete must :cyclops:
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 4:01 am

I don't think I've ever seen a Woody Allen film.... I'll go check.... actually I saw that Midnight in Paris one on a plane last month. It was ok. I also think I have a copy of Melinda and Melinda on dvd that I've never watched so maybe I should do that at some point this week.

------------------------------------------

I'm going to see the remake of The Thing this evening. I'm really not into horror movies as I get scared too easily, so this should be interesting!

I have a feeling I'm going to be spending 10 bucks to sit with my eyes closed for the best part of 90 minutes Laughing

Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 1:47 pm

Span_ski wrote:
I don't think I've ever seen a Woody Allen film.... I'll go check.... actually I saw that Midnight in Paris one on a plane last month. It was ok. I also think I have a copy of Melinda and Melinda on dvd that I've never watched so maybe I should do that at some point this week.

I don't how I missed this post before, but WHAT? :affraid:

Oh dear, I love Woody Allen. I'm disappointed with his films lately (the only one I really, really like is Match Point), but it's ok, he's already done a lot.

Span_ski wrote:
I'm going to see the remake of The Thing this evening. I'm really not into horror movies as I get scared too easily, so this should be interesting!

I have a feeling I'm going to be spending 10 bucks to sit with my eyes closed for the best part of 90 minutes Laughing

There's a remake of The Thing? :affraid: And you are watching it? :affraid:

LOL

I was actually just coming here to say I'm thinking of watching the new Almodóvar tonight. I'm a fan of him, but this last film doesn't sound that exciting.
Back to top Go down
House Carl

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 2:05 pm

I'm going to see the new The Thing at some point. It'll most likely be a POS compared to the original, but I'm a sucker for Antarctic based horror and thriller stuff (what little there is). Huge John Carpenter fan tho... and since this is supposed to be a prequel to his immortal classic, I'll be going in with a rather prejudiced attitude lol.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 6:33 pm

A Beautiful Mind is on TV. It reminded me of how stunning Jennifer Connelly is:

Movie talk MV5BOTczNTgzODYyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjk4ODk4Mw@@._V1._SY314_CR11,0,214,314_
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:25 pm

Do you recommend any Brazilian movies? Of course that I've watched Cidade de Deus. But that's the only one I've watched.. I'm a total supporter of the regional filmmakers.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:46 pm

Well, first I think Argentinian movies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brazilian movies. Many reasons for that.

But, anyway, besides Cidade de Deus, I love, love Lavoura Arcaica, but not really everyone's cup of tea.

There's also Central do Brasil (Central Station), Tropa de Elite (a major sucess, but I have some problems with it), O Homem Que Copiava, Budapeste, O que é isso, companheiro?, from the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:51 pm

I'm going to watch Lavoura Arcaica then. I'll let you know if I liked it :bom:
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:54 pm

Lavoura Arcaica is based on a novel, which is also one of my favorite books. It's just so beautiful.

The filme is a bit pretentious and slow though, so be warned. But let me know if you do watch it.
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:23 pm

I personally love slow and pretentious movies Very Happy It's all about the dialogues in my opinion. (that's why I like Woody tongue )
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:27 pm

LOL There are actually few dialogues. One of the main characters doesn't say a word the whole movie. And she is not dumb.
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:33 pm

HAHA Im going to watch it anyways. And I won't blame you for losing my time if I don't like it, so don't worry tongue
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:17 am

Hey, Mardou, I'm thinking of seeing Un Cuento Chino. I've heard it's very good.

Btw, there's a running joke here in Brazil that all films from Argentina star Ricardo Darín. Laughing
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 6:31 pm

LOL. It's true, he's everywhere when it comes to "mainstream" movies Rolling Eyes Haven't seen that one. I'm not very keen on comedies, is not my thing. But I've heard "un cuento chino" is ok. Maybe I'll watch it later..
The last good argentine comedy I watched was "un novio para mi mujer". and Darin is not in it Cheers I recommend that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Movie talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie talk
Page 1 of 28Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next