Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts XIII

Go down 
+10
MissLilly
Shanna_
Jugz da' Clown
Span_ski
Mike`
Dina
cinco
Sez
eli_
Alison DiLaurentis
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:38 am

So top five countries with the most competing athletes-

1. Great Britain- 541
2. USA- 530
3. Russia- 436
4. Australia- 410
5. Germany- 392

The numbers fluctuate a bit, depending on what source your looking at, but the order remains the same.

Back to top Go down
Sez

Sez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 6:22 am

Tuk17 wrote:
LOLOL my mom used to have "Candle parties" and Tupperware Parties". They are not in any way a party. There was always lots of food though. smile

eli_ wrote:
sorry if I'm an ignorant european, but what the hell is a tupperware party?

Mike` wrote:
Good ol' Wikipedia.

Quote :
Tupperware is still sold mostly through a party plan, with rewards for hosts. A Tupperware party is run by a Tupperware consultant for a host who invites friends and neighbors into his or her home to see the product line. Tupperware hosts are rewarded with free products based on the level of sales made at their party. Parties also take place in workplaces, schools, and other community groups.

Literally a person invites a bunch of others they know into their home to show off their tupperware and try and convince the guests to buy some as well. In all the old sitcoms they'd show a bunch of older women all gathering around to drink wine and look at tupperware. asd

Tuk17 wrote:
Omg that definition is EXACTLY what happened. Heh.

eli_ wrote:
Oh, I got it! We do that here too, only with a different name. LOL for some reason I was picturing a party where people bring food from home in their tupperware

LOL the hostess was too forcing so most of us went into the kitchen to escape her. I bought one thing though lol
Back to top Go down
http://sezsisatotalgleekhehe.tumblr.com/
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 7:55 am

Jugz da' Clown wrote:
So top five countries with the most competing athletes-

1. Great Britain- 541
2. USA- 530
3. Russia- 436
4. Australia- 410
5. Germany- 392
Would've expected something like that... I love seeing the countries with like 3 competitors haha.

Also who are the "Independent olympic participants" ??

China's already won a gold.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 7:58 am

Two of them are from the former Netherlands Antilles which is officially part of Netherlands now.

The third is a refugee from Sudan now living in the US who wanted to run for South Sudan, but they don't have an Olympic committee, and he refused to run for Sudan/didn't qualify for the US team because he doesn't have American citizenship.

There was a big article somewhere on the internets about him.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 8:00 am

So they're people who don't want to/can't represent a country?
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 8:02 am

They can't represent their (What they consider their country) country for whatever reason. Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 8:06 am

I see i see Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:32 am

I think I should see a doctor about my arm. I've been having this pain in it for over a months, and it's getting more frequent. The pain's not too too bad, just disconcerting. It's like a hot pinching feeling (must be a pinched nerve), usually only when I'm lifting something, and I thought it just needed time to heal, but I'm getting the pain now when I'm doing nothing but typing. I tried to play volleyball at work yesterday, and each time I hit the ball my arm flared in pain. I just wanted to see if I could play volleyball, but it was stupid. I think I just aggravated an injury. Sad
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:43 pm

Good morning All.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend so far!

Sorry to hear about your arm Jugz. Hopefully the doctor can fix it pretty quickly for you.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 4:56 pm

I hate working Saturday...
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 7:36 pm

I'm in Castro which is pretty cool. Its a lovely sunny day. I kinda wanted to take some pics but there's loads of guys just hanging around naked? There's so much junk on display here I'd feel like a bit of a perv just snapping away Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:31 am

Just read that 30 of the Aussie athletes are students at my uni. Cool beans.

Do not want to wake up tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:11 am

Hi guys! Just got back from my weekend at the mountains. It was lovely. It was actually cold in the evening. 38C in Islamabad and 15C in the mountains. Quite amazing. Here is the view from my room:

Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 179941_10151282251049018_768328653_n
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:12 am

that's amazing Isa! what kind of trees are those?
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:23 am

Those are huge pines.

It's a shame it was a bit foggy, but the hills are huge. This is like 2,500m or 8,000 feet of altitude.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 2:11 pm

Beautiful picture, Isa.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 2:51 pm

It was very nice. I had a great time.

How was your weekend, Charlie?
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:07 pm

It was great, thanks. I'm always sad when she goes back to London though.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 12:47 am

Awww... I can understand that. Hug

How is she doing, btw? Better adjusted now?
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 3:14 am

OMG My boss just said yes to the Berlin trip! yahoo

Now I just need to buy my tickets. Off to Germany in two weeks. Happy days!
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 5:20 am

Yeah, she's getting on much better now. Bless her. She still wishes we were closer though.

How exciting! yahoo How long are you going for?

Just had a desk assessment in work. So now I get my very own desk with a special keyboard and a special mouse. Lol. I'm also getting a fan and a micro desk. My stuff should arrive within two weeks.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 6:40 am

Five days, I think. I'll have 3 full days there, not bad.

Congrats on your new things, Charlie. Sounds exciting. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:18 am

ROFL My desk is going to look like a space ship. tongue

That's awesome, Isa. It's going to be great. smile
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:52 am

Hope you have a wonderful time Isa!! And skills on the new desk equipment Charlie! smile
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:57 am

Oh.. My tickets are booked, but for some odd reason (probably because this country doesn't have a good record...) I can't pay through the internet. I have to go to one of their offices and pay there...

noo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XIII   Random Thoughts XIII - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts XIII
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next