Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts XI

Go down 
+12
Sez
Mike`
eli_
Dina
Tuk17
cinco
Charles
Span_ski
MissLilly
Isa
Jugz da' Clown
Shanna_
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Span_ski

Span_ski

Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 6:08 am

That sounds really good Celia. I think it's really good to know what you want to do with your life. To have that focus. I really wish I did sometimes. I have fleeting moments of knowing what I do want, but I guess at the moment I'm still floating in the void somewhere.

I hope it all works out for you mate smile
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 6:30 am

Thanks! I hope so too smile It's taken me years, and starting several different studies though. I just had to come to the point where I had to really look at my life and what mattered to me, and how I was gonna be able to live this life. That sounds a bit dramatic, but that's the reality of it, I guess. I still doubt myself and my ability to follow through though, because I don't always have the patience, I just want to go out there and do it. Like I don't have time for all of this studying Laughing

But everything always works out the way it's supposed to in the end, so smile

I hope you too find out what you want to do with your life. It's not easy at all. Sometimes I look back, and wonder how on earth the system expects us to decide what we want to do for the rest of our lives at the age of 16. It's ridiculous really.
Most important thing though, is to be happy doing what you do, above everything else, that's all that matters.

And side note.. I notice when I'm sleep deprived or hungry I'm so darn talkative. Both online and real life, it's like I'm just word vomiting all over the place, and I can't stop Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 6:46 am

Yeah it is ridiculous to decide your entire future that young in many respects. I think I have the same fundamental interests though, I'm still a geeky science nerd at the end of the day. I guess I have more than one geeky area though, and getting a job in what you're passionate about isn't always that easy to come by. But like you said, it all works out in the end.

I'm feeling a bit like today might be a word vomit day too. I was thinking this morning about just trying to write down everything I was thinking just to get it out. I know I won't end up doing it though. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 6:57 am

I think you should do it, Han. Even if it's just for yourself. smile
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 7:01 am

When I was 16 I was gonna be a hairdresser. So I did one year of that, and then that was it with that Laughing Plus side though, I now have people I went to school with that can cut my hair free or for cheap Wink

I think you should word vomit too! It's good to get stuff out. Necessary even! Even if you write it just for yourself, and not publicly. Get it out, and reflect a little smile
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 7:32 am

Maybe smile

So the sunshine's come out to play here... I hope it sticks around for a bit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 7:34 am

Morning!

Word vomit can be fun. Everyone should embrace it! It can be a theme day.

Deciding your future at 16 is such an odd idea to me. I think at 16 I wanted to be a history teacher or a computer programmer. I didn't want to be either by 17.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 7:43 am

Good morning Shanna! Had a good sleep? smile

Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 7:46 am

Good enough sleep. Coffee in a few will take care of the rest.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 7:54 am

Sounds good smile

I've figured I must be actually addicted to coffee. I've had a couple days of not drinking coffee at all because I couldn't be bothered going to the store. And today I had this killer headache (well, it wasn't that bad, but I don't do headaches at all, it's the worst pain) Stopped by the shop and got coffee before I went to school, and as soon as I got coffee, the headache went away!

Well, I'm off. Gotta go downstairs and play photographer for a while. The neighbor needs photos of her puppies to make an ad for selling them. Fun! smile

Have a good day lovelies! love
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:11 am

Enjoy taking pics of the puppies mate smile!

I might actually take more cute photos of the cats... seriously these 2 just can't stop being all adorable.

Photographer of cute things... that sounds like a good job. Maybe I'll look into that Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:16 am

Oh the irony of life...

Here I am, worrying about the most important numbers in my young life thus far, hoping that I didn't differ from my original mark by more than 3,75 points so that I can finally be done with it and won't have to take an oral-re-exam.

I walk into the room where the headmistress of the school and the teacher who is responsible for my grade are already waiting for me.

I sit down, look at the piece of paper and immediately notice:
YES - I didn't differ from my original mark by more than I was allowed to
and
OH MY GOD! My average is at 1,7 which is better than what I had calculated for myself at home (barely an 1,8)

So I'm happy as can be when they tell me that I lack exactly 1 point to the next better average so they would advise me to try and get that 1 missing point in either english (would need a B+) or Social Sciences (would need a A-). Maths is pretty unlikely because I had an A in the written exam and there is no way I'll ever get an A+ in Math Very Happy

So I have until tomorrow morning to decide and of course I am going to try it because I would be mad at myself if I wouldn't - though it doesn't really matter much which average I have because I already have my sponsored degree spot (I learned what it's called in english in San Francisco by the way) I really want that 1 point. Grrr

So - I'm gonna try social sciences one more time, already spoke with my teacher today.
I mean if I fuck up the written exam like that and still get a B+ I think (hope) that I'll be able to get that A-.

To conclude: something that I hoped, prayed, I wouldn't have to do, I'm now doing voluntarily.

Once again:
Oh the irony of life...

P.S.: Nevertheless I just graduated - YEY!
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:22 am

Congratulations Dina!! Very Happy Well done!!!

stars
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:30 am

That's great, Dina! thumbs up

I just got back "home" and there's a sandstorm or something like that around here. It's weird.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:35 am

Congratulations Dina!!!
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:37 am

Isa wrote:
I just got back "home" and there's a sandstorm or something like that around here. It's weird.

Reminds me of that sequence in Dubai from "Ghost Protocol".

Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 Ghost-Protocol_532_1497430a

-*-*-*-*-*-

Also, congrats Dina. smile
Back to top Go down
Sez

Sez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:37 am

Congratz Dina Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://sezsisatotalgleekhehe.tumblr.com/
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:39 am

Oh why didn't I do the thingie in which you replace the 's' with the 'z'. Wink
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:39 am

cinco wrote:
Isa wrote:

Reminds me of that sequence in Dubai from "Ghost Protocol".

Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 Ghost-Protocol_532_1497430a

It does look a lot like that around here now.

I don't have good pictures though.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:45 am

It must feel as an unreal experience the first time you witness it.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:49 am

Congratulations Dina!! smile

Here, look at this cutie!
Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 Bibbi_10
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:53 am

Awwww! I love you
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:55 am

That's tres cute Lilly! Awwww

Isa wrote:
That's great, Dina! thumbs up

They are weird, and they mess up your clothes and make your skin feel funny.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:57 am

Another random and (imo) pretty funny fact that I just had to point out to the headmistress and the head of my grade:
the total amount of my points is 666
If that isn't a sign that I should try and get another point... Wink
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:28 am

Well done Dina! Very Happy

Hi everyone. Went to my bestie's nan's funeral yesterday. It was a nice service. To church-y for my taste but nice nonetheless. Got to work today to be told that Chelsea has been suspended. Rolling Eyes There was loads of flooding in the UK over the weekend so it's super busy in work today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts XI
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next