Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts XI

Go down 
+12
Sez
Mike`
eli_
Dina
Tuk17
cinco
Charles
Span_ski
MissLilly
Isa
Jugz da' Clown
Shanna_
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MissLilly

MissLilly

Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:21 pm

Maybe she can save it when she gets back home. Tell it to just hang in there tongue

I can't keep plants alive even if my own life depended on it. The two plants I have now, one is dying a slow death, and the other has "cancer". I don't know if plants can even get cancer, but it's root or whatever just grew into this enormous ball and exploded it's way out of it's pot. The whole thing is freaky looking Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 8:20 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one with plant problems!
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 11:45 pm

Arrived in San Francisco - the hostel is amazing!
The Time in LA was amazing and i especially Fell in Love with Santa Monica Beach. The People are really Open and talkative here, every Day we Held a Little smalltalk with different People: in the Street, on the Bus, in the Pizza-Store...

I'm really enjoying my Time here smile
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 6:55 am

That's great Dina. Hope you have lots of fun! What are you having on your birthday?
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 7:43 am

Sounds like you're having a great time Dina!! I'd love to go to California!!
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 8:26 am

I'm so jealous of your trip, Dina! Sounds like a blast. Hope I get to go next year. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 8:38 am

One day I want to take the Zephyr from Chicago to San Francisco...I'm trying to get my mate Alice to get on board for this little adventure with me. The train is seriously expensive though Sad
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 10:09 am

Lol. It feels like people on this board are travelling all the time. tongue
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:55 am

Ob my birthday we're going to a Baseball Game.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Gah! I'm so jealous Dina. I've planned to go to baseball team on both my trips to the states, and never made it. The first time I wanted to see the Yankees or the Red Sox, and I think we bailed on it because I ended up working while on vacation (didn't make me popular), and the 2nd time I think it was off season... maybe next time. I hope you have an amazing time though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:19 pm

cinco wrote:
and then there's me... asd have fun Dina!

Just found a message in italian under one of my gifsets, and I thought "wow, a Naya italian fan!" let's go say hi!". thank goodness I read her profile before. It was something like "I don't ship Brittana, Santana being a lesbian is so wrong, she belongs with Puck!! PS I'm not a homophobe I ship Klaine!!". Yeah I won't message you after all...
backing out
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Ong the cutest lesbian couple is sitting a few seats away from us in the bar with their 2-3 year old son. They're just so precious all three of them; I love Canada.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:47 pm

I want to live in Canada Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 3:36 pm

It's the little moments like watching the two girls (And I mean, they weren't older than 25) play with their son, and he so clearly loved both of them; he was hugging and kissing both of them the entire time in between breaks of jumping up and down on the seat. It makes me so teary that such happiness can exist when the world sucks so much.

Actually, it may be the whole... liquid thing served by said bar that makes me teary. 50-50.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 3:40 pm

YES! Tickets to Thailand in November booked! yahoo
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 4:02 pm

Great stuff!! When are you going? My mate is emailing me a few links btw. Villas etc....
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 4:04 pm

eli_ wrote:
cinco wrote:
and then there's me... asd have fun Dina!

Just found a message in italian under one of my gifsets, and I thought "wow, a Naya italian fan!" let's go say hi!". thank goodness I read her profile before. It was something like "I don't ship Brittana, Santana being a lesbian is so wrong, she belongs with Puck!! PS I'm not a homophobe I ship Klaine!!". Yeah I won't message you after all...
backing out

Is there a term for girls who think gay boys are sooo cute, but think lesbians are gross? Because I know this type is unfornately common. It is selective homophobia, like guys who think girl-on-girl is hot, by guy-on-guy is just wrong.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 4:41 pm

Dina wrote:

Baseball is one of those sports I don't understand at all, but actually going to a game should be interesting.

My new challenge here is to learn how cricket works. It's the national sport around here.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 5:52 pm

My sister is such a people-hater snob. She came home safely from the earthquake btw, so I can bitch about her without feeling too guilty. It's just that I'm such a mellow person, and she's always angry about something or someone, and it drives me soooo crazy.
Like, there's this girl in her building that last spring jumped off a balcony right in front of her. She survived, and now she's afraid to make eye contact with her, which according to my sister makes her an "attention-seeking, mental bitch". I mean, she tried to kill herself and you witnessed the whole thing, wouldn't that make her a little bit self-conciosus? Why so much hate? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 7:22 pm

That's awful with the girl who jumped off the balcony, but perhaps your sister just doesn't have the capacity to understand or put herself in that girls shoes, or maybe she's experiencing anger for having been put in the situation where she had to witness that and doesn't know how to formulate it properly.
Who knows..

Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 8:18 pm

Isa wrote:
Dina wrote:

Baseball is one of those sports I don't understand at all, but actually going to a game should be interesting.

My new challenge here is to learn how cricket works. It's the national sport around here.

Baseball is really boring to watch on TV but going to games is fun. I mean big stadium games. I just like the atmosphere. I haven't been to a baseball game in a long time though.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 8:57 pm

I'm hoping to go to some baseball games this summer. Reds games are fun and close and there is a nice minor league stadium in the closest city to me.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:46 pm

Mike` wrote:
It's the little moments like watching the two girls (And I mean, they weren't older than 25) play with their son, and he so clearly loved both of them; he was hugging and kissing both of them the entire time in between breaks of jumping up and down on the seat. It makes me so teary that such happiness can exist when the world sucks so much.
I fucking know right?

MissLilly wrote:
That's awful with the girl who jumped off the balcony, but perhaps your sister just doesn't have the capacity to understand or put herself in that girls shoes, or maybe she's experiencing anger for having been put in the situation where she had to witness that and doesn't know how to formulate it properly.
Who knows..
*nods* well said.

@Eli, did you end up coming out to your sister?
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 7:06 am

I miss some of my patients at the hospital :'( I wonder how they are doing. I hate that i'll never know.
This one woman told my supervising nurse that she really liked me and that i was sweet, and had a "soft touch". For some reason that made me cry. The next time i saw her to take her vitals, it seemed like everything was going wrong e.g. the machines wouldn't turn on, i ran out of some stuff i needed etc, and she just gave me this sympathetic smile and said "sorry it's not working for you today smile". It's even sweeter because she's in bed after a surgery, all sick and tired, and she was still so nice to me.
I miss all the "thankyou Rosie"'s after helping someone. And i miss people telling me that i'm doing a great job despite being a newbie. I miss walking around the ward with patients' folders looking like a pro. I miss Ally, my supervising nurse, who had beautiful eyes and a sweet smile and was so smart and funny. She hugged me at the end, and let me have time off when i was overwhelmed. I miss feeling important.
I never got to properly thank our student facilitator (this awesome woman) for passing me on taking blood pressure. She let me have so many attempts just so she could pass me. I fucking loved her. She was a beautiful person. And super affectionate. You know those touchy-feely type people? I miss when she'd come visit me a couple times a day to check up on me. We'd joke around and stuff, and i told her that i had a bit of anxiety with talking to people, and she understood. I was really sad on the last day when she held my hands and said her final "you're doing just fine", and walked away for the last time.

It's all history now Sad People i used to know.

/emotional rant.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 9:20 am

Awww, Rosie Hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XI   Random Thoughts XI - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts XI
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next