Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Food thread

Go down 
+10
Mike`
Shanna_
Alison DiLaurentis
MissLilly
Charles
cinco
Jugz da' Clown
eli_
Span_ski
Isa
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Shanna_

Shanna_

Food thread - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:17 am

Yes, we put jam on peanut butter.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:11 pm

eli_ wrote:
After my research, I can say that here too we are supposed to call it "marmalade" only when it's made of citrus fruits, and "preserve" for everything else, but since we don't give a shit we just call EVERYTHING marmalade Very Happy

also it's marmalade (AKA jam) when there's fruit chunks in it, and the rest is called jelly.

the wiki page on fruit preserves

Also did you know that our Italian gelato can't be classified as "ice cream" because according to the US Food & Drug Administration ice cream is supposed to contain at least 10% butterfat, but our version is super healthy and it contains only 4-8%? So when gelato is shipped it has to be classified under "jam"!

Food thread - Page 14 Gelatoartigianaledolciprovsr

We sold italian ice cream for a while at a shop I worked at. It is different from our regular ice cream. Wasn't a big hit here really. All cafe's and such switched to it when it first came, but I don't think it even lasted a year. It's the sort you either like or you don't I think, plus, it was really expensive and the scoops so small. I really loved the lemon one, and I always used to sneak in a few tastes when I was at work Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:18 pm

Gelato is typically expensive around my area and not common. I think I tried it once on vacation. If memory serves me correctly I thought it was ok.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 2:24 pm

gelato is the most yummy thing in the world. you guys are bonkers, no offense Laughing
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 2:35 pm

What can I say, people don't like change, especially not when it's an expensive one Laughing
I liked it, but I don't think I would actually pay the insane price to get it Shrug
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 2:37 pm

Best ice cream ever:

Food thread - Page 14 HD_pralinecream_lg
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 2:49 pm

voteforalice1 wrote:
So do the Americans here ever have peanut butter and jam?

Eli, that is strange.
That pic looks so gooood though.

We say peanut butter and jelly even we use jam instead of jelly, you know just to add to the confusion.

And yes we have so much variety. Sometimes when I go to a grocery store or cafe or eatery, and I'm overwhelmed by choice and it's takes me way longer than it should to make a purchase decision. yahoo

Trying to chose an ice cream or sorbet flavor is sometimes one of those things that takes me a long time to decide.

But these are some of my favorite flavors-
Food thread - Page 14 CBLemon_Zest_Sorbet_Pint_Image_lg
Food thread - Page 14 Hola-pina-pint_indv
Food thread - Page 14 Turtle+tracks
Food thread - Page 14 Cherry-garcia
Food thread - Page 14 Haagen_dazs_butterpecan
Food thread - Page 14 CgImsf5LxqqcjfgzuHUoIdcao1_400
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 3:24 pm

the weirdest I had are
trifle flavored Food thread - Page 14 Zuppa_inglese

"the smurf" (don't ask) Food thread - Page 14 Prodotti_puffo

nutella! Food thread - Page 14 2399999327_75639f209d_o

bacio Food thread - Page 14 7f6cb_gelato_bacio (like the chocolate, you know)

and I'm sure there's more. my fave ones are coconut and pistachio
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 4:48 pm

I sold ice cream for a bit. I'm super picky because if it. I really eat it because it is bad for you but I so love it.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 5:29 pm

Fat free sorbet isn't bad for you though, and a lot of times I prefer it to ice cream. I love fuity flavors.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Ribfest ribs and pulled pork.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 7:22 pm

Omg those ice-cream pics drool

Jugz, i vote butter pecan.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 9:21 pm

BTW, I love pistachios, but I've never had pistachio ice cream. I know it's a common, popular flavor, but it's always seemed weird to me and I've just never gotten around to trying it. But I'm gonna make it a point to try it soon.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 1:08 am

How could i forget? Turkish delight!!
Having some now.
Food thread - Page 14 19820
Back to top Go down
Tuk17

Tuk17

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 2:20 am

I have one place that sells gelato in my tourist village and it's quite the hit~
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:17 am

I hardly eat ice cream nowadays.
If I'd take a dessert somewhere (which happens rarely), then I'd choose sabayon.

Food thread - Page 14 862_sabayon%20met%20fruit
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:29 am

eli_ wrote:

Also did you know that our Italian gelato can't be classified as "ice cream" because according to the US Food & Drug Administration ice cream is supposed to contain at least 10% butterfat, but our version is super healthy and it contains only 4-8%? So when gelato is shipped it has to be classified under "jam"!

Food thread - Page 14 Gelatoartigianaledolciprovsr

I didn't know that but it doesn't suprise me that much Very Happy

I experienced the U.S. ice cream having a different consistency as well.
It's hard to describe really, but like when you went in with your spoon and then went out, there was a bit of string of ice-cream in between.
Very gooey? Can't find the right words but maybe you still get it Wink

I just love ice-cream so much.
There have been summers where I have barely eaten anything else.

I live under the motto: Ice-cream always fits.
Even after the biggest meal ever - I'd probably still manage to get a bit of ice in. yahoo
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:31 am

Dina wrote:
I experienced the U.S. ice cream having a different consistency as well.
It's hard to describe really, but like when you went in with your spoon and then went out, there was a bit of string of ice-cream in between.
Very gooey? Can't find the right words but maybe you still get it Wink

Wow, I didn't know U.S. ice cream was sticky like molten cheese.

Last edited by cinco on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:34 am

I don't want to generalize. That was just the case with the Ice-cream I was given. I don't have enough US-Ice-cream-experience to properly judge it Wink
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:38 am

The conversations in this thread amuse me a lot.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:40 am

Nothing will ever top our toilet and bidet conversations though... lulz
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:41 am

But wait, you're from Germany, right?
I like that Nordsee food chain over there. Better than McDonalds. (because it's all about fish tongue )
I wish it was here in Belgium also.

Food thread - Page 14 Bald-musik-nordsee-restaurants-foto-archiv_48103
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:45 am

Molten cheese.

----
Hmm i want ice cream right now. But when i wake up cold tomorrow morning, i doubt ill be saying that.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:48 am

Yes I like Nordsee a lot. It's actually really tasty imo, but also a bit more expensive than McDonalds or Burger King... I think.
But I'm a fish-fan... people that are not really don't find a lot there... maybe a potato-box but that's it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:53 am

I want that Nordsee food franchise in Belgium. Our country is boarding the Northern Sea for crying out loud. Crying or Very sad We don't have Burger King or KFC either.
All we have is Pizza Hut, McDonalds, Quick and (luckily) Subway since a few years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Food thread
Page 14 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next