Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts XVI

Go down 
+11
cinco
MissLilly
Sez
Dina
Isa
Mike`
Charles
Span_ski
Shanna_
Alison DiLaurentis
Jugz da' Clown
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Isa

Isa

Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 6:27 am

LOL Don't worry! I kinda know some things, but that's ok.

Charles, I guess that's good news, huh? Are you back at work?

Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 6:31 am

Isa wrote:
LOL Don't worry! I kinda know some things, but that's ok.

Charles, I guess that's good news, huh? Are you back at work?

Tell us what you think of Cece when you get to that part.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:00 am

I just got the news today. My manager is not in at the moment so I don't really know when I'll be going back. I'm going to miss watching tv though. Lmao. And I won't have as much time to study.

The computer/till is ususally the hardest part. It's not Micros is it? How long did it take you to get used to your new phone? Or how long would it take you to swap from say a pc to a mac if you'd never used one before? And just ignore the staff you forget to give the discount to. 1. They should be nice and remind you when they order. 2. I would act like they weren't important enough for me to remember. Lmao. Also, don't read too much into what you 'overheard'. That could have literally been about anything. For example, someone might have to drop out of... a bowling tournament... due to illness... and they are contemplating... inviting someone's girlfriend to play. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:02 am

I don't know if it helps or not, but I know on days when I'm not feeling very personable or like I don't want to interact with people, I just drink a few cups of coffee. I find the caffeine rush makes it a lot easier; giving yourself ADD for the day so you can just flutter around all happy and what not.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:08 am

Hum, I don't like her for now. But even the evil girls on this show are entertaining.

You know who's been annoying me? Wren! And he's like the only doctor in town and we also works at the sanatorium. That's probably the most absurd thing on this show.

Anyway, I'll write a full report once I catch up. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sez

Sez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:50 am

Look what my parents got me for my birthday Very Happy (besides the adapter lol)

Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 BEL9Ss8CQAAAVbW
Back to top Go down
http://sezsisatotalgleekhehe.tumblr.com/
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:38 am

Nice Sez!

Today I had my third and last day of the Energy Trading Fundamentals training - and it was so much fun!

We always had simulations and could actually compete against each other.
Day 1 was cross border trading and all about the basics, yesterday was Intraday markets and asset optimisation (wasn't too good with that. In one simulation we had our own power plants and had to decide when to start them up, when to shut them down and on which level we wanted them to produce energy based on the prices of the market) and today wasy about Proprietary Trading and Risk Management and Options and Swaps.

Awesome stuff!
In the last simulation you had Call and Put Options and various messages that would ping on the bottom right of the screen and then you had 5 seconds to analyze this message and decide in which way this information would influence the market in order to make your buy or sell decisions before the market would react (hopefully the way you predicted it)
Pretty exciting - but it also takes a lot of concentration. I admire our people on the trading floor even more now, I couldn't do that all day every day!

Tomorrow back to the daily routine at work Wink
Back to top Go down
Sez

Sez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:18 pm

Sounds like fun Dina smile
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:25 pm

This is actually it (the first 2 days):

http://www.efetacademy.org/Simulation_Workshops.htm#Long

damn, that is one expensive workshop! Good thing our company paid for it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 5:33 pm

Mike` wrote:
I don't know if it helps or not, but I know on days when I'm not feeling very personable or like I don't want to interact with people, I just drink a few cups of coffee. I find the caffeine rush makes it a lot easier; giving yourself ADD for the day so you can just flutter around all happy and what not.
This. So much this.

Charles wrote:
I just got the news today. My manager is not in at the moment so I don't really know when I'll be going back. I'm going to miss watching tv though. Lmao. And I won't have as much time to study.

The computer/till is ususally the hardest part. It's not Micros is it? How long did it take you to get used to your new phone? Or how long would it take you to swap from say a pc to a mac if you'd never used one before? And just ignore the staff you forget to give the discount to. 1. They should be nice and remind you when they order. 2. I would act like they weren't important enough for me to remember. Lmao. Also, don't read too much into what you 'overheard'. That could have literally been about anything. For example, someone might have to drop out of... a bowling tournament... due to illness... and they are contemplating... inviting someone's girlfriend to play. Lol.
hhahahahha hope so.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 6:08 pm

In a few weeks I get to play personal assistant to one of my favorite bands. I am pretty sure I'm going to be a hot mess because I just can't resist a smokey alto. I'm already an accidental Instagram stalker lol. Why have a private account if you are going to accept strangers? Oh the embarrassment this could lead to...
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 6:25 pm

Sounds like it has the potential to be a lot of fun asd
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 4:19 am

Hey, what's up guys? smile

Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:33 am

I have electricity in my flat!! yahoo Exciting times peeps!!!
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:03 am

So you had no power for weeks?

Anyway, happy days! beer
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:42 am

Nah, no power, but I slept at mums/dads.

I've still got very little furniture. I have a bed now though!! Wardrobes.... TV cabinet (no TV lol), fridge, books, that's it.

I wanna paint etc. before I move the big stuff in. Now I have power and next week hot water I can do that. smile
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 10:15 am

Good times, Hannah Thumbs Up

So you're putting down some roots now then?
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 10:32 am

Cool, Han. Soon you can do Insanity with no bother. Wink

I'm at the gym right now. Even gripping the handle of the cross trainer hurts my finger. Lol.

I've been convinced by my work buddies to go out drinking tonight to celebrate my return on Monday. I should go, right? I've been trying to avoid alcohol again though.
Back to top Go down
Sez

Sez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 10:42 am

Yay! my BBQ for my 21st is tomorrow and it's 2:12am...I really should sleep...lol
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 2:58 pm

Oh I had this amazing night! A Brazilian band is performing here and they are so, so good. They play instruments made of things they collected from garbage. Amazing. I'm a bit drunk too. fiesta
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 5:11 pm

Everyone is having fun yahoo

I need a life yahoo

Mardi Gras is tomorrow, i might go to that?
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 2:54 am

MissLilly wrote:
Good times, Hannah Thumbs Up

So you're putting down some roots now then?

For the next 3 months, I guess I am yeah smile

Charles wrote:
Cool, Han. Soon you can do Insanity with no bother. Wink

I'm at the gym right now. Even gripping the handle of the cross trainer hurts my finger. Lol.

I've been convinced by my work buddies to go out drinking tonight to celebrate my return on Monday. I should go, right? I've been trying to avoid alcohol again though.

Hahaha Charles!! Yeah, I'll start that again next week. Really should anyway.

Did you go out last night then?

Isa wrote:
Oh I had this amazing night! A Brazilian band is performing here and they are so, so good. They play instruments made of things they collected from garbage. Amazing. I'm a bit drunk too. fiesta

Sounds like a very good evening Issue! Glad you had a fun filled Friday smile

Alison DiLaurentis wrote:
Everyone is having fun yahoo

I need a life yahoo

Mardi Gras is tomorrow, i might go to that?

You should go.... I've always wanted to go to Sydney Mardi Gras! Well jel Rosie. smile
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 4:52 am

You have to come to Mardi Gras!! Omg gayest thing ever.

It's pissing rain so i'm staying home.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 4:56 am

This time next year I have every intention of going and gaying it up big time Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 5:18 am

Good Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVI   Random Thoughts XVI - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts XVI
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next