Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Sports Thread

Go down 
+9
Alison DiLaurentis
eli_
Dina
Mike`
Phyxrak
mardou
Isa
Charles
Span_ski
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Span_ski

Span_ski

The Sports Thread - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 6:57 pm

I enjoyed it. it was good fun. I think the cabs because it was London?
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:33 pm

Watching yesterday's women's volleyball game for the bronze medal between Japan and S. Korea.

I might end up watching the closing ceremony tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:43 pm

Spice Girllllllsss!!!!

It actually took me a bit to recognize Victoria haha, soooo used to seeing her with short hair that the extensions threw me off. asd

Lovvvveeee themm!!!

EDIT: LOL! In the tweets and what not Victoria has the most bored expression ever, like she had absolutely zero interest in being there with those people.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:24 pm

Finally started the closing here. That choral Because was AMAZING!
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:55 pm

Watching rhythmic gymnastic now. I caught a little bit earlier on a public TV when I was out, and I started talking to someone about how strange it is, but also how fun it is to watch. But it seems like a circus act more than a sport (not saying they don't need athletic ability, but it's a show with props and stage make-up and all that jazz). I have no idea how they judge the rountines. It seems even more subjective than regular gymnastics. Shrug
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:53 pm

Now I'm watching the gold medal game in women's basketball between US vs France.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:02 pm

Basketball!!!!
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 7:25 am

I definitely nearly paid £300 a ticket to watch the basketball final on the weekend but decided that that was a stupid idea when I could watch it in Hyde Park on the screens for nothing but still have a great atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:32 pm

I would have paid for the ticket to just be in the same building as Sue Bird. She is my basketball goddess.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:22 am

I'm so sad the Olympics are over. Sad On the radio today the presenter was talking about how he didn't watch anything else for the whole two weeks and got addicted and is havining withdrawals now. He said that watching the Olympics in London this year made him proud to be British. Today he turned on the tv to find that Jeremy Kyle was on and his feelings of pride quickly disappated.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:43 am

Yeah weird that it's over. Sad not always having something to watch.

---
Btw, addition to the "female athletes we like" convo:
German tennis player Andrea Petkovic:
The Sports Thread - Page 22 AndreaPetkovic100526InactionG300
The Sports Thread - Page 22 Petkovic_1021
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:55 am

Pretty. I love good arm muscles.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 7:13 am

Same.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 6:49 pm

Go Azarenka!!!
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:51 am

I'm working at the Tour of Britain today!! Super excited. I hope I get to see Cavendish and Wiggins! smile
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:58 am

That sounds exciting! Hope you have fun!
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 7:40 am

It's pretty good so far smile.

The race should get here in about 3hrs. yay!!
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:49 pm

I want to be watching the tennis. Damn my lack of cable or sky....
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:54 pm

Yay!!! Found a stream! Come on Murray!
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 12:36 am

Completely forgot about the men's final, but great victory by Murray. What an incredible year for him!
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:16 am

Yeah, it was an amazing win! It's has been an incredible year for Murray. I saw the first 3 sets, and I was unsure whether Djockovic was going to come back after he took the third to take it to 2-1, but I was pleased to see that he managed to hold his nerve. I shows how he's matured as a player. A couple of years ago I think it would have been a different story.

I think it's been an amazing year for British sport in general. I can't remember one like it. smile

Now, if Everton can just have a blinding season, it'll be perfect Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:52 pm

May soccer-germany forget this day and never speak of it again...
What a nightmare - congrats to sweden though, well fought!
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:30 pm

I missed my football fix. asd
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:21 am

It's the Everton v Liverpool derby today. 2-2 at the moment, a gripping match.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 9:35 am

Wales are playing Argentina in the rugby right now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Thread   The Sports Thread - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sports Thread
Page 22 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next