Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brittana fanfiction

Go down 
+13
mardou
MissLilly
Span_ski
Jugz da' Clown
eli_
Dina
Shanna_
Mike`
Cora_
Alison DiLaurentis
Tuk17
Charles
Isa
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 7:54 pm

Are you gonna put it up on FF Cora? If so, i'm gonna wait to read it until it's up there.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 8:10 pm

That was so good Cora!!!!! Love the In The Heights reference!
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 8:18 pm

I actually postponed catching up on Lost Girl until tomorrow to read this, Cora. It was only right, being your biggest fan and all. tongue And obviously it was the right decision. That was brilliant. Laughed out loud a lot. You can't tell that you were running on empty through the last section at all. And I love the way you're managing the timeline.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 9:04 pm

Great as usual, Cora! yahoo

I'm always amazed at your ability to remain in character. Your dialogue is always spot on. I agree with Charlie, I love what you're doing with the timeline. Are you planing on going back and forth? I'm hoping that's the case.

But since you have been asking for advice and such, two small things:

- When Santana first sees Rachel and Kurt at the bar, I think she should act more surprised? I was confused because she didn't seem surprised at first. Maybe I just read too fast and missed that.

EDIT: It was not clear for me that Santana didn't know why they were there and how did they end up there. It seemed like somehow she knew there was a chance of them showing up, which is the wrong idea.

- I obviously don't know what are you doing next, but because of what I said about the timeline I feel you could save some of that last part to explore it more later? It did feel a little rushed towards the end.

Back to top Go down
Cora_

Cora_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:03 pm

voteforalice1 wrote:
Are you gonna put it up on FF Cora? If so, i'm gonna wait to read it until it's up there.
Yup, when I get the final section of the chapter done. Probably this weekend or Monday.

Isabela wrote:

- When Santana first sees Rachel and Kurt at the bar, I think she should act more surprised? I was confused because she didn't seem surprised at first. Maybe I just read too fast and missed that.

EDIT: It was not clear for me that Santana didn't know why they were there and how did they end up there. It seemed like somehow she knew there was a chance of them showing up, which is the wrong idea.

I know what you mean with that part. I'll try to make it more clear that she's surprised. But I have to find a way to do it without her demanding right away to know how they found her, because I want that realization (that Brittany told them) to come halfway through the scene. That's why Rachel is being vague with her "Our school is a few blocks away" thing, so she doesn't start asking questions.

Plus I have this vague idea that once Santana is high from performing, she wouldn't be surprised to see that the president himself came to see her. Laughing

Quote :
- I obviously don't know what are you doing next, but because of what I said about the timeline I feel you could save some of that last part to explore it more later? It did feel a little rushed towards the end.
Yeah, I'm going to go back and do some actual scenes in detail later (in flashback form). Not in the first chapter, but in later chapters. But I felt like it would be too abrupt to jump straight from them letting her in, back to the night Brittany gets there. There needs to be some kind of summary of how they live together, how they get along, etc. to bridge the gap. I'll probably try to flesh it out more, once I get some sleep and don't feel like I'm floating.

Though TBH I'm just going to post the first chapter on FF.net as a trial run and see if there's even enough interest to continue it, or if people will review. I'm not willing to spend hours and hours and HOURS writing something so that people can read it and not even take five minutes to leave feedback. I'm already a crazy fan, but I don't want to be that crazy.

Thank you guys! I'm going to take a muscle relaxer and go to bed.
Back to top Go down
Phyxrak

Phyxrak

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:16 pm

Just finished it Cora, it was great.
Back to top Go down
Tuk17

Tuk17

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:53 pm

yahoo Amazing as always! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 6:10 am

Coraaaaaaaaaaa, I loved it!!
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 6:27 am

Cora_ wrote:
voteforalice1 wrote:
Yup, when I get the final section of the chapter done. Probably this weekend or Monday.
Hell yeah. Looking forward to it hehe.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 6:33 am

^ Me too! yahoo
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:56 am

Just read it now and loved it Cora!!!! smile

Can't wait to read some more smile
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 2:29 pm

Oh Cora, I just had the time of my life reading that. How can you even think that people are not going to love it? This is so superior to anything else you can find on FFnet it's almost ridiculous. And trust us to do some well-placed advertisement on the Brittana blogs out there, they're already all your fans from Lake Hope.
So excited!!!!!!!!! yahoo
Only one thing: it is already too long for one chapter IMO. Maybe you should consider splitting it in smaller parts? Personally I'd prefer small chapters often updated than a big chapter every two weeks. Just a suggestion. The great author decides!!
WHOOO!!!!
yahoo yahoo yahoo
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 3:37 pm

I think I'm the opposite, I love the long chapters. I feel like this is going to be one of those stories that's an investment. I want to spend a chunk of time with some hot cider or coffee and really savor the story. Short chapters work better for me in a suspense or action setting. I'll be happy with any format because I know that the story will be amazing so...
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 3:40 pm

I agree with Shanna, longer chapters are better. tongue
Back to top Go down
Cora_

Cora_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 3:49 pm

I'm really torn on the length. I very much want to end the first chapter with Brittany getting there, and include a little Brittana interaction in it. Because it technically is a Brittana fic.

But more than that, I want each chapter to have its own arc and to have a beginning, middle, and end. I see the fic as being kind of episodic, like an actual spin-off. Like, for example, I wouldn't want Chapter 2 to be nothing but the flashback to how Santana arrived in the city and ended up at Kurt and Rachel's. That doesn't feel like a chapter to me.

And though this may sound awful, there are some really dumb people in this fandom. I guarantee you if I post 3 chapters at once to begin the story, some people won't notice there are 3 and they'll only read the first one. And that would drive me crazy. Laughing Like, for example, people still put Lake Hope on Story Alert every day, even though I CLEARLY state in the author's note that 8 was the last chapter.

But I realize it's so long already that it may actually discourage people from wanting to read it. I don't know what to do.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Maybe if you make it really clear that there is another chapter ready, both at the beginning and the end? I mean, nobody can be that dumb
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 4:13 pm

I don't think length is an issue as far as discouraging people, they'll get wrapped into it and prefer the long chapters when they realize it's better than waiting for three updates of a shorter length. tongue
Back to top Go down
Phyxrak

Phyxrak

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 6:34 pm

I have always preferred longer chapters for anything I read. When I see a large word count on a story especially from an author I am already familiar with I get excited. I get irritated when I see authors have split their chapters up, cause I say more more more! But that's just me.

Also this reminds me that I need to go through my story alerts and see if I need to remove some completed ones.
Back to top Go down
Tuk17

Tuk17

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:30 pm

Me: (I just checked my email) 3 new messages hmm.. what could that be?
*click* ZOMG 3 CHAPTERS FROM CORA!! Set the World on Fire Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tuk17

Tuk17

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:32 pm

Hmm what happened? Story not found~ only 1 chapter.
Back to top Go down
Phyxrak

Phyxrak

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:34 pm

Cora, what's this I see in my inbox? I am not ashamed to admit I skipped straight to the 3rd part first. I have so many feelings right now. Amazing as always Cora.

Edit: Oh snap, it isn't showing up now. FF.net fail.
Back to top Go down
Cora_

Cora_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:41 pm

I don't know what's going on, but it's pissing me off. I'm not sure what I should do. Just wait and see if it fixes itself? Or reupload it?
Back to top Go down
Tuk17

Tuk17

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:42 pm

I don't know it keeps saying:
Story Not Found
Unable to locate story with id of 7790437.
Back to top Go down
Phyxrak

Phyxrak

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:45 pm

it did this to me earlier today with another story. After about a half hour I recieved a second notification and the story was there. I dunno what fixed it tho. Its gotta be the site cuz it worked for me, I still have the window open with chapter 3.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brittana fanfiction   Brittana fanfiction - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brittana fanfiction
Page 6 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next