Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random thoughts I

Go down 
+10
Dina
eli_
Shanna_
Alison DiLaurentis
Charles
House Carl
mardou
Span_ski
MissLilly
Isa
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Shanna_

Shanna_

Random thoughts I - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:34 am

voteforalice1 wrote:
Of course Shanna.
You will get a seat up the front too.
Yes! If I'm up front you'll even get to see me cry! I'm a sucker for weddings.
Charlie wrote:

Yeah, obviously. Do you think you could paint your nails whilst driving to the wedding on the 'wrong' side of the road though? Wink
I bet I could. Well, as long as I wasn't driving a manuel up a hill...
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:38 am

Quote :
They have operated on her and it went 'as planned'. So I guess that's good. She'll be in hospital for a while though.
I'm sure she'll be fine ((: *sending positive thoughts*

Quote :
VNot really though. Considering stops and all, it wil take you 30 hours (give or take) from São Paulo to Sydney.

EDIT: There are no direct flights from Brazil to Australia. You have to go to Buenos Aires or South Africa.

ugh 30hours? That's why I'm always so eager for people to finally invent beaming. That and the fact that my ears explode everytime I'm in a plane - not so pretty!
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:40 am

Wait? Are they not flying over the pacific? Or why would they fly over South Africa? I'd fly in the other direction Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:42 am

Good morning sweet people! Well, actually good afternoon for me, but I just got up, so tongue

Alice, I also want to say that I support your sharing of your small steps towards the closet door.
Here, have a hug for encouragement Hug

MsFalange, we could travel together to this wedding, make a road trip out of it!
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:48 am

MsFalange wrote:
Wait? Are they not flying over the pacific? Or why would they fly over South Africa? I'd fly in the other direction Very Happy

You can fly both ways. I think it doesn't make much difference because of Earth's rotation.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:52 am

Quote :
MsFalange, we could travel together to this wedding, make a road trip out of it!

For sure, I've never been to Norway. The closest I've been to Scandinavia would be Estonia.
There are so many places I want to see. I'm definitely gonna fly to Canada some day to see the Polarlights (wiki says it's called 'Aurora' in English - oopsie). And next summer I'll be visiting to california.
Australia is on my "To-See" list, too. I'll be living in York for 3months in 2013 so I'll have seen South, West and North of GB, but I also want to see Scotland some time.

I kind of jealous of my sister, because she was in China for a month and I think it would be really cool to experience this totally different culture.

Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:55 am

Thanks MissLilly smile

This conversation is making me realise how shit i am at geography.
All i know is, Europeans are closer in time to Aus than the Americans. i've learned this from the forums.... When i go to sleep, Americans wake up.... When i go to sleep, Europeans are eating lunch.
-ish.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:57 am

MsFalange wrote:
Quote :

For sure, I've never been to Norway. The closest I've been to Scandinavia would be Estonia.
There are so many places I want to see. I'm definitely gonna fly to Canada some day to see the Polarlights (wiki says it's called 'Aurora' in English - oopsie). And next summer I'll be visiting to california.
Australia is on my "To-See" list, too. I'll be living in York for 3months in 2013 so I'll have seen South, West and North of GB, but I also want to see Scotland some time.

I kind of jealous of my sister, because she was in China for a month and I think it would be really cool to experience this totally different culture.

You should come and visit Wales while you're here! Lol. Why will you be in York for 3 months in 2013?
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:59 am

Shanna_ wrote:
voteforalice1 wrote:
Of course Shanna.
You will get a seat up the front too.
Yes! If I'm up front you'll even get to see me cry! I'm a sucker for weddings.
Charlie wrote:

Yeah, obviously. Do you think you could paint your nails whilst driving to the wedding on the 'wrong' side of the road though? Wink
I bet I could. Well, as long as I wasn't driving a manuel up a hill...

You can't get as much out of an automatic as you can out of a manual. My sister drives like an old lady because the car simply won't let her drive any other way.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:00 am

voteforalice1 wrote:

You're not the only one, lol!

Geography was never my forte.
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:01 am

voteforalice1 wrote:
Thanks MissLilly smile

All i know is, Europeans are closer in time to Aus than the Americans. i've learned this from the forums.... When i go to sleep, Americans wake up.... When i go to sleep, Europeans are eating lunch.
-ish.

I'm pretty good at geography. But it wasn't until I went to Oz that I realised how massive it actually is.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:03 am

voteforalice1 wrote:
Thanks MissLilly smile

Yeah but that doesn't mean we're closer. You scale the time by GMT - and the GMT +/- 0 hours is for example GB. The further you go to the right (Germany, Russia and Australia) the more hours you add to that GMT time (Germany GMT+1).
The further you go to the left (towards America) the more hours you deduct from that time. Therefore if Australia is GMT+8 hours and America is GMT-8 hours, you have a time difference of 16 hours but that doesn't neccessarily mean that you're closer to europe where the difference could only be 8 hours
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:05 am

MsFalange wrote:
Quote :

I'd love to go to Scandinavia. I went to Iceland a couple of years ago to visit an ex. Very beautiful place. I too would like to see the Aurora Borealis, it sounds like it would be incredible to see.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:07 am

Charlie wrote:

You should come and visit Wales while you're here! Lol. Why will you be in York for 3 months in 2013?

okay when I'm already on the island I'll just drive around a bit Wink
It's part of my apprenticeship.
The description of my job is 'Industrial Clerk EU' so it's pretty english-heavy and therefore they send you to York to learn the frickin' language Wink Something like that
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:09 am

So, now that this forum is up and running, my next goal is to organize a Brittana encounter in real life. Laughing

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:11 am

Just cause.
Random thoughts I - Page 12 03IPatlas_worldmap
Loner countryyyy.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:17 am

I could never live in Australie simply because of the reason that I need it to be cold (and best case scenario snowy) on Christmas.
I'm a total sucker for winter and not a very huge fan of the summer - so Australia is probably not the perfect place for me Wink

It's making me really sad that it hasn't snowed yet in Germany Sad
The past 2 years we always had snow at the end of November
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:19 am

I'm all for a RL Brittana fan gatherings. I've met a couple of folks already and would love to meet more of you all in RL.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:21 am

Blue Zeppelin wrote:
So, now that this forum is up and running, my next goal is to organize a Brittana encounter in real life. Laughing

Cheers

Brilliant idea. How easy it would be to achieve is another matter entirely. smile
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:25 am

It's relatively easy for a lot of you guys Thumbs Up Same continent haha.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:30 am

Shanna_ wrote:
I'm all for a RL Brittana fan gatherings. I've met a couple of folks already and would love to meet more of you all in RL.

It would be great, right?

Charlie wrote:
Brilliant idea. How easy it would be to achieve is another matter entirely. smile

Laughing Let's not think about that right now.

Just for the record, I do have a functional life and I do have a full time job. I'm working right now and writing memos and signing papers and all that stuff.

I'm working on something messy right now. We might have to start a disciplinary procedure against a co-worker because of his behaviour. It could get ugly.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:36 am

I'm working too at the moment. Paperwork first thing in the morning is oh so much fun. I'm glad it's not messy this morning because I hate dealing with that stuff. I don't envy you BZ.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:46 am

Are you all working from home or surfing with your smart-phones or why can you do both?
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:57 am

I'm in an office on my smartphone.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:58 am

I'm at work and logged in my computer from work. Laughing

It helps that my desk is kinda hidden from the others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts I   Random thoughts I - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts I
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next