Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie talk

Go down 
+14
Mike`
badromancexx
Shanna_
eli_
Melissa
Jugz da' Clown
Dina
Alison DiLaurentis
House Carl
Span_ski
Charles
mardou
MissLilly
Isa
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
cinco

cinco

Movie talk - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 1:41 pm

That's the first one, right?
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:39 am

I finally saw 'Hugo'.
Such a warm and touching movie. Beautifully filmed, great pacing, excellent acting...
A real love letter to cinema as a whole.

Movie talk - Page 17 Tumblr_m3yyfkqI4s1r9xkz5o3_250
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:52 am

Normally I'm not a fan of Owen Wilson or Woody Allen-movies, but Midnight in Paris was really good.

Movie talk - Page 17 Midnight-in-paris
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 6:35 pm

Just got home from watching Prometheus. All I have to say about it is... I hate 3D because it gives me headaches, Charlize Theron is hot and the film could have been half as long as it was.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 4:24 am

Charlie wrote:
I hate 3D because it gives me headaches

Yeah, this is the thing that kinda worries me about 3D. Giving so many people headaches can't be a good sign. Then think about the amount of 3D children are watching (after all, all animated features tend to have 3D these days) ... well I hope it won't have any consequences in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 7:54 am

The Nintendo 3DS advises a limit of 30 minutes play time.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 7:59 am

3D is just a big waste as well, imo, as far as movies go at least. It's nothing spectacular or better about it in any way.
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:07 am

Charlie wrote:
The Nintendo 3DS advises a limit of 30 minutes play time.

I wonder how many people actually follow that advise.

MissLilly wrote:
3D is just a big waste as well, imo, as far as movies go at least. It's nothing spectacular or better about it in any way.

It's the worst evolution in movies.
And it's so enerving when some movies are only displayed in 3D in theatres.
That was also the reason that I had to wait to see 'Hugo' until the bluray-release.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:34 am

They're always played in 2D and 3D in my local cinema.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:42 am

Well, we also have the matter of subbed and dubbed, so that complicates it even more.
So in fact they need 4 versions of a movie.

subbed 2D
subbed 3D
dubbed 2D
dubbed 3D

The subbed 2D-version I prefer gets axed when there aren't enough screens available.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:51 am

Nightmare. That would annoy me too.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:57 am

And first I hoped it was just a fad but nope... 3D is here to stay. Thumbs Down
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:13 am

Yeah, it looks that way. Our new TV in the living room at home is 3D but we don't have any of the glasses, channels or any other 3D shit to go with it. Hehe.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:19 am

Well, I have a few added 3D-bluray movies cased with the regular ones. They just lay there. Shrug
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:05 pm

Also went to see Snow White and the Huntsman this week. On... Monday, I think. Uhm... Has Kristen Stewart always been that hot? Did I just not notice? Or, did her pathetic character in Twilight put me off her? What is it? like, seriously, I think I've developed a little obsession.

Anyone seen it? I really enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:11 pm

Charlie wrote:
I think I've developed a little obsession.

Was it the battle armour that did it?
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:02 pm

cinco wrote:
Charlie wrote:
I think I've developed a little obsession.

Was it the battle armour that did it?

Possibly? I don't know. I'm sure I thought she was looking good before that scene, so... *shrug*
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:14 am

Movie talk - Page 17 Kristen-stewart-snow-whiteMovie talk - Page 17 Thumbnail

Haha, they kept those puffy shoulder-thingies from the Disney version.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:27 am

Hmm.. I think I'll actually go to the movies today and see Snow White and the Huntsman. Just watched the trailer for it, and it looks pretty good smile
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:32 am

Charlie wrote:
Also went to see Snow White and the Huntsman this week. On... Monday, I think. Uhm... Has Kristen Stewart always been that hot? Did I just not notice? Or, did her pathetic character in Twilight put me off her? What is it? like, seriously, I think I've developed a little obsession.

Anyone seen it? I really enjoyed it.

I've never found her hot, but I've found her pretty sometimes. And I've liked her in some movies, Bella Swan is just an awful character. I'd see that new Snow White movie. But not this weekend. Maybe next weekend.

I still haven't seen Sherlock Holmes 2, so I think I'll rent it and watch it this weekend. I haven't watched any movies since I went to see Dark Shadows.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:39 am

I might go to see 'Brave' when it is released next week. (at least if I find a subbed 2D version meh )

Movie talk - Page 17 220px-Brave_Teaser_Poster
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:41 am

I'm probably the only one here that loves 3D... ehehehe.
Well, I go to the cinema only 2 or 3 times a year, so when I go I want to see the cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:45 am

Your eyes are probably 3D-proof. tongue
When I wear those glasses, it feels as if my eyes are constantly trying to adjust and I lose focus on the actual story. Also... I don't know if others have this problem also, but the colours look so washed out with those 3D-glasses.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:50 am

But what do you like about it? The movies I've seen in 3D is nothing exceptional, nothing looks like it's coming out of the screen, except for those thingies at the very beginning of the last HP movie. I don't feel like I'm "in" it at all. It looks just like 2D to me really Shrug
And for that reason I prefer 2D movies, because I don't have to wear those stupid glasses at least.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:52 am

cinco wrote:
I might go to see 'Brave' when it is released next week. (at least if I find a subbed 2D version meh )

Movie talk - Page 17 220px-Brave_Teaser_Poster

What's this? Looks interesting, but I hadn't even heard of it before. And speaking of kids movies, I still haven't seen Tin Tin yet either, but I want to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie talk   Movie talk - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie talk
Page 17 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 28  Next