Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts XII

Go down 
+11
Charles
Alison DiLaurentis
Jugz da' Clown
Mike`
eli_
Isa
Sez
Dina
MissLilly
Span_ski
Shanna_
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Isa

Isa

Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:48 am

Congrats, Lilly! Clap

cinco wrote:
Isa wrote:
Power goes off five or six times each day.

That causes all kinds of problems I guess.

So is it constantly using generators then?

Yep. Anyone who can afford generators have them. But of course poor people don't have enough money. It's tragic.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:48 am

MissLilly wrote:
I'm back, still alive, and I passed! Good thing, because my mind stood absolutely still. I did very well on the practical bit though, which I was most nervous about. I had to wash a lady, and afterwards she didn't believe me when I told her no, that I wasn't used to doing that or worked in any sort of skin care business.
Me and my gentle hands Laughing

Officially summer vacation then Very Happy

Congrats, Celia! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:51 am

Isa wrote:
Congrats, Lilly! Clap

cinco wrote:
Isa wrote:
Power goes off five or six times each day.

That causes all kinds of problems I guess.

So is it constantly using generators then?

Yep. Anyone who can afford generators have them. But of course poor people don't have enough money. It's tragic.

I bet a lot of poor people in Pakistan don't have most of the basic white goods anyway. So, a generator wouldn't do them much good regardless. On that island I was talking about the poorer people were lucky if they had a roof never mind a fridge or similar.

Last edited by Charlie on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:54 am

Why is there such issues with electricity over there Isa? Is it shut off on purpose, or is it a fault, or what?
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:56 am

They just don't have as developed an infrastructure as we do probably. *shrug*

Last edited by Charlie on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:57 am

Charlie wrote:
Span_ski wrote:
Yeah, give me a call anytime mate smile. Would be good to have a catch up!

I'm in Leeds looking after my sisters cats while her and her boyfriend are cycling from Lands End to John O' Groats (crazyies!) Laughing

Rather them than me. Jesus... Please, tell me it's a charity thing?

Yeah, they're doing it for Marie Curie. They're raised £2000+ so far, which is really good going. I'm super proud of them Very Happy

MissLilly wrote:
I'm back, still alive, and I passed! Good thing, because my mind stood absolutely still. I did very well on the practical bit though, which I was most nervous about. I had to wash a lady, and afterwards she didn't believe me when I told her no, that I wasn't used to doing that or worked in any sort of skin care business.
Me and my gentle hands Laughing

Officially summer vacation then Very Happy

Woohoo!!!! Congratulations!!!! stars stars stars
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:59 am

MissLilly wrote:
Why is there such issues with electricity over there Isa? Is it shut off on purpose, or is it a fault, or what?

Maybe it's electricity shortage because there ain't enough generated.
Some people predict it could start to happen in Western countries also in the near future.

Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:00 am

Charlie wrote:
They just don't have as a developed infrastructure as we do probably. *shrug*

Yeah, something like that. No investment for years. Military governments that would rather spend money on nuclear bombs than on the people's well being. They have never payed attention to things like infrastructure. Besides, Pakistan's population is just absurd for the country's size. Families here still have 10 children or something.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:08 am

How do they manage?!?
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:11 am

Can't believe you quoted that version of my sentence. I read it back afterwards and was like... 'What the hell am I talking about?'. Lol. That's the 8am-10pm shifts this week talking. tongue
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:14 am

Laughing Charlie, the most important thing is that I got you.

cinco wrote:
How do they manage?!?

Oh that's a good question.

Rich people's houses have three kitchens, huge basements and things like that to fit all these people.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:23 am

I guess there's this huge gap between the rich and the poor and there's hardly a way for the poor to get out of their situation. Sad.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:27 am

How can people sit idly by when war is the priority over the peoples well being...
We humans have really doomed ourselves, and we deserve every bit of it.
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:33 am

Yeah, it's pretty common for a country that has a growing population and is developing, particularly developing in an industrial sense to have this kind of problem., The demand placed on the grid so frequently exceeds the supply, you get a hell of a lot of outages.

The only way around it at the moment if you want a consistant supply will be via automatic changeover standby generation systems and UPS if needed. The system just needs a lot of investment I guess, and at the moment, I guess it's just not happening. Shrug

The massive class divide and economic policy issues are super depressing though.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:34 am

I try not to think about things like that. Pondering too much about things you can't do anything about is soul crushing when it's something like that.

Last edited by Charlie on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:36 am

Span_ski wrote:
Yeah, it's pretty common for a country that has a growing population and is developing, particularly developing in an industrial sense to have this kind of problem., The demand placed on the grid so frequently exceeds the supply, you get a hell of a lot of outages.

The only way around it at the moment if you want a consistant supply will be via automatic changeover standby generation systems and UPS if needed. The system just needs a lot of investment I guess, and at the moment, I guess it's just not happening. Shrug

The massive class divide and economic policy issues are super depressing though.

Hannah 'The Science Geek' has arrived. tongue
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:37 am

Tired-ness and a dodgy keyboard is not a good combo. Hehe.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:38 am

MissLilly wrote:
How can people sit idly by when war is the priority over the peoples well being...
We humans have really doomed ourselves, and we deserve every bit of it.

And we had so much promise...

Yeah really, it's sad we messed up so much as a species.
Aliens would definitely see us as evil usurpers of this planet with no respect for other animals or nature. (or even ourselves)
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:10 pm

Charlie wrote:

Only briefly.. back in my box now Laughing
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:57 pm

Span_ski wrote:
Charlie wrote:

Only briefly.. back in my box now Laughing

lulz
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:26 pm

Well y'know... it's good to let it out every now and again Wink
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:33 pm

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:39 pm

You on overtime this evening mate?
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Yep, until at least 8. Maybe 10. Depends what time Gareth wants to home because he's my lift. tongue
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:43 pm

lol - I see. Good times! smile

Plans for after work?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XII   Random Thoughts XII - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts XII
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next