Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts XV

Go down 
+12
Jugz da' Clown
Isa
Mike`
Tuk17
Dina
cinco
Sez
Charles
Alison DiLaurentis
Span_ski
Shanna_
MissLilly
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sez

Sez

Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:40 pm

I keep checking the radar and the storm is very scattered, so what I might do is put some music on and close my eyes and hope that I fall asleep lol
Back to top Go down
http://sezsisatotalgleekhehe.tumblr.com/
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:52 pm

That sounds like a good plan mate smile
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 7:38 am

Hi guys!

My big computer is finally working again, so I'll around more frequently now. I bought an Ipad in Japan (which is amazing, btw), but I hate posting here from it and my cell.

Also, I miss Eli too.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 8:54 am

I'm glad your computer is working again! Did you find out what the problem was?

I'm thinking of getting a google nexus 7? What do you reckon? Basically I want something with a decent battery life that'll let you watch films/TV for a decent number of hours while you're on a plane or something.

Where is Eli? Is she ever coming back?
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:39 am

I don't know what it was. The guy just re-installed Windows and that was it.

I have never used a Nexus, so I can't tell. I was going to buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (the big one, that looks like Ipad, not the cell phone). I even looked it in Bangkok, but then I thought I should wait and buy it in Japan, because I mean, it's Japan. But can you believe there is no Samsung in Japan? I guess they have a problem with Koreans lol... So I bought Ipad. It's pretty good. I use it for internet, videos, music, pics, games and books and I can't complain. The battery is great, much better than the battery from my cell phone. Internet on it is amazing, very fast.

I think the Galaxy is pretty good too.

No idea about Eli.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:59 am

I have no idea why they don't sell Samsung in Japan, but probably relates to the negative impact it would have on their economy.

I've never bought an 'i' anything. I don't like the idea of being beholden to one software manufacturer. It doesn't help that apple stuff just seems to be so much more expensive? I bet the ipad is really good though. I've read some good reviews of it.

I don't know what to wear for this interview tomorrow? I'll have to wear a suit I guess, but shirt / top? Hair up / down? Glasses etc? I need to read some more reports too, so I sound like I vaguely know what I'm talking about...
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:18 pm

I'm not sure, but break a leg! smile
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 4:38 pm

Thanks Isa! smile I'll keep you posted. Not even sure if it's the right move for me so I'm kinda mixed about it anyway. It'll be interesting though I guess.

Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:24 am

good luck Han!
I'm sure you'll do great!
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:32 am

Thanks Dina. smile
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 6:04 am

Span_ski wrote:

I don't know what to wear for this interview tomorrow? I'll have to wear a suit I guess, but shirt / top? Hair up / down? Glasses etc? I need to read some more reports too, so I sound like I vaguely know what I'm talking about...
Hmm not that i know your physical appearance that well but im gonna sayyyy:
Hair up and glasses smile

hahaha... "gay women will marry your boyfriends"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Be8LnuG3U
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:50 pm

Thats the aproach I went for Rosie smile
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 11:41 pm

Yay!! How'd it go?

Weirdness. Walked past my old high school today, saw a glimpse of my old school counsellor (who was such a beautiful woman, i loved her), and immediately started crying. It was the weirdest feeling. Looking into your past is so emotional. I really want to go visit her.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 4:38 am

Aw, Alice, that is cute! I can understand you feeling that way.

I've been out of Brazil for 6 months now and I haven't seen my family since April. It's weird. I was thinking about that and I almost started crying, but it was a good crying, good memories. I can't wait to meet my family again. My dad and my stepmom are coming to see me in January. I'm super excited.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 4:54 am

^reading over this post now and realising how intense and weird i am Laughing

----
Feel free to ignore this (seriously), i wanna bitch about my "best" friend. She bitches about me to her boyfriend, so...
Basically, she just likes to disagree/dispute anything i say, believe, think, suggest etc.
For example (a minor, petty example)... I drive when we go out right. If i try to put a Glee song on in the car, she gets really annoyed and tells me she hates it.... Now that this "Glease" episode just aired here and i've said in advance "god i hate this episode/the songs etc", she's texting me with "Glee Grease is really good IMO?" ...... seriously, if she hadn't seen that episode, and i had played one of the songs in my car , she would have said she hates it/ the original is so much better...... We've been friends for like 7 years and i'm pretty sure she hates me Laughing ....I mean, I like to disagree with everything my mother says, it's almost a compulsion lol, so i'm trying to make the link between her-me and me-mum to figure out why she does that... I have disagreements with other friends too, but people who want to KEEP their friends tend to nicely disagree without being passive aggressive afterwards, and they RESPECT your opinion and don't think they're the most intelligent, wise person in the world. This girl is doing psychology...wtf is she going to do when someone comes to her and sees things differently than she does? get pissed off?

People who think they're superior. I cannot.
And people need to stop telling their partners secrets about their friends. Cunts. I'd like to knock some bitches down a few pegs tbh.
Alllllso, if someone has NO experience in something, and you DO, they can't fucking tell you what to think.

I'm going to go watch the new Rizzoli&Isles.

Last edited by voteforalice1 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 4:56 am

Isa wrote:

I've been out of Brazil for 6 months now and I haven't seen my family since April. It's weird. I was thinking about that and I almost started crying, but it was a good crying, good memories. I can't wait to meet my family again. My dad and my stepmom are coming to see me in January. I'm super excited.
6 months. I can't imagine that. It's gonna be awesome when you see them again.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 5:04 am

Isn't it weird when you haven't seen a certain significant someone for AGES, and you know they're still in the world, but you just have no idea what they're doing/where they are etc.

Having an emotional day haha.

TV awaits.
------

Question:
Is anyone here reading (or has read) 50 Shades and enjoyed it?? Tell me the truth!! I'm curious.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 5:33 am

I have no interest in reading those books, but I'll probably end up watching the movie...eventually.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 5:39 am

Was she?! Ha. I'm definitely going to watch the movie. Just out of curiosity of how they're going to do it... I have no interest in reading the books either.
(What happened to the Blake Lively comment?)
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 7:03 am

Isa wrote:

Cwtch I hope time passes quickly for you until January

voteforalice1 wrote:
^reading over this post now and realising how intense and weird i am Laughing

----
Feel free to ignore this (seriously), i wanna bitch about my "best" friend. She bitches about me to her boyfriend, so...
Basically, she just likes to disagree/dispute anything i say, believe, think, suggest etc.
For example (a minor, petty example)... I drive when we go out right. If i try to put a Glee song on in the car, she gets really annoyed and tells me she hates it.... Now that this "Glease" episode just aired here and i've said in advance "god i hate this episode/the songs etc", she's texting me with "Glee Grease is really good IMO?" ...... seriously, if she hadn't seen that episode, and i had played one of the songs in my car , she would have said she hates it/ the original is so much better...... We've been friends for like 7 years and i'm pretty sure she hates me Laughing ....I mean, I like to disagree with everything my mother says, it's almost a compulsion lol, so i'm trying to make the link between her-me and me-mum to figure out why she does that... I have disagreements with other friends too, but people who want to KEEP their friends tend to nicely disagree without being passive aggressive afterwards, and they RESPECT your opinion and don't think they're the most intelligent, wise person in the world. This girl is doing psychology...wtf is she going to do when someone comes to her and sees things differently than she does? get pissed off?

People who think they're superior. I cannot.
And people need to stop telling their partners secrets about their friends. Cunts. I'd like to knock some bitches down a few pegs tbh.
Alllllso, if someone has NO experience in something, and you DO, they can't fucking tell you what to think.

I'm going to go watch the new Rizzoli&Isles.

You're friend sounds like a bit of a bitch tbh Rosie. Sometimes it really it best to cut people loose, even if you do still care for them if it starts having too much of a negative effect on you. Just my 2 cents though feel free to ignore.

voteforalice1 wrote:
Isn't it weird when you haven't seen a certain significant someone for AGES, and you know they're still in the world, but you just have no idea what they're doing/where they are etc.

Having an emotional day haha.

TV awaits.

Cwtch cwtches Rosie. Sometimes emotional days are good to get feelings out. Got to be done smile

Jugz da' Clown wrote:
I have no interest in reading those books, but I'll probably end up watching the movie...eventually.

I have no interest in the books, and I doubt I'll bother with the film. The most positive thing I've heard about it is that it's a bit like badly written Twilight fanfic lol. I'll skip thanks. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 7:16 am

I loathe dreaming. It needs to crawl up and die for making me feeling like I should crawl up and die. <_<
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 7:21 am

Mike` wrote:
I loathe dreaming. It needs to crawl up and die for making me feeling like I should crawl up and die. <_<
I completely agree with you Hug
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 7:50 am

Mike` wrote:

Cwtch Mike. Dreams can indeed suck.

--------------

Lots of cwtches needed today
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 9:16 am

@ Han actually 50 Shades of Grey IS a Twilight Fanfic (can't say anything about the badly written because I haven't - and will not ever - read it)
It was a Twilight Fanfic and then she took it offline, changed the circumstances and the character names e voila: you have a best-selling book because people are stupid and buy everything apparently.

See here:
Quote :
It is well known amongst the fan fiction and romance reading community that 50 Shades series was originally released as Master of the Universe. The names are changed from the original alternate universe fan fiction (AU) and a few details such as eye color and hair color, but the text of 50 Shades is largely that which was in the original fan fiction, Master of the Universe.
http://dearauthor.com/features/industry-news/master-of-the-universe-versus-fifty-shades-by-e-l-james-comparison/

So yeah: no thanks!
I also laugh a bit about people who want to make me believe that it is "So good!" and "So well written!"
And even though I normally don't judge a book/a movie/anything before I have read/seen/done it, I can't help but assume that those people haven't read a good book in ages - or ever.
The reviews of the book are probably the most entertaining thing about it. I actually had to laugh out lout about some of them Wink

Another thing:

Today in English (I got 99% in my exam btw - yeaaah!! yahoo) we discussed how apparently it is a mistake to say

I've been to London a few times.

Because that would mean that I am still THERE.

Instead you HAVE to say:

I was in London a few times.
or
I stayed in London a few times.

or whatever.

Is that correct? I could swear that I've heard native speakers use the "I've been.." phrase often times?!
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 9:45 am

Wow, I didn't realise it actually was a twilight fanfic Laughing.

I'd always say I've been to London a few times over the other two sentences. Although I guess technically it would be considered Present Perfect Continuous (I thinkl)?.... If I wanted to convey I was still in London however I'd be more likely to say I've been to London a few times before or something similar. Shrug

Unless I'm writing for work though, I rarely hold fast to grammatical rules.

My sisters cat Mickey broke his leg. Poor little thing Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XV   Random Thoughts XV - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts XV
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next