Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts IX

Go down 
+13
Alison DiLaurentis
eli_
mardou
Phyxrak
Shanna_
Isa
cinco
Dina
Mike`
MissLilly
Sez
Span_ski
Charles
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Sez

Sez

Random Thoughts IX - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts IX   Random Thoughts IX - Page 40 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:14 am

Happy birthday Shanna Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://sezsisatotalgleekhehe.tumblr.com/
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts IX   Random Thoughts IX - Page 40 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 2:00 am

Happy Birthday!
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts IX   Random Thoughts IX - Page 40 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 4:42 am

Happy birthday Shanna!!! starsstarsstarsstarsstarsstars
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts IX   Random Thoughts IX - Page 40 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:04 am

Random Thoughts IX - Page 40 Thumbnail
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts IX   Random Thoughts IX - Page 40 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:34 am

Happpppppy birthday Shanna!!!!!! I love you

Exam this morning and I slept like shit last night, had all kinds of absolutely terrifying nightmares. I just remember a sense of being alone forever and a really large sense of despair.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts IX   Random Thoughts IX - Page 40 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:40 am

Happy Birthday, Shanna! YAY

Hope you enjoy your day!
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts IX   Random Thoughts IX - Page 40 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 7:30 am

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

I hope your exam goes well Mike!
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts IX   Random Thoughts IX - Page 40 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:20 am

I wrote my final english-exam today and was sooo nervous.
I slept like crap and I felt really sick but then we were finally handed out the topics:

Topic 1: An Extract from Shakespeare - A Midsummer Night's Dream

Topic 2: An article from the magazine TIME about facebook&Mark Zuckerberg... guess what I chose Wink
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts IX   Random Thoughts IX - Page 40 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:26 am

Anyone who's a native non-english speaker and manages to get the hang of Shakespeare deserves a medal.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts IX   Random Thoughts IX - Page 40 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:27 am

Okay, that shit was hella easy. Still got an hour and a half until the exam is officially over/the bar is open. hash
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts IX   Random Thoughts IX - Page 40 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 10:10 am

I don't know if any of you get the Daily Mail from You, Me & Charlie but today they posted my submission.

That makes me kinda proud Wink
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts IX   Random Thoughts IX - Page 40 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 10:12 am

voteforalice1 wrote:
Anyone who's a native non-english speaker and manages to get the hang of Shakespeare deserves a medal.

Movies tend to help.

Let me be ta'en. Let me be put to death.
I am content, so thou wilt have it so.
I’ll say yon grey is not the morning’s eye.
'Tis but the pale reflex of Cynthia’s brow.
Nor that is not the lark, whose notes do beat
The vaulty heaven so high above our heads.
I have more care to stay than will to go.
Come, death, and welcome! Juliet wills it so.

Random Thoughts IX - Page 40 996RNJ_Claire_Danes_019
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts IX   Random Thoughts IX - Page 40 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:46 pm

Dina wrote:
I don't know if any of you get the Daily Mail from You, Me & Charlie but today they posted my submission.

That makes me kinda proud Wink

That's cool, Dina, even though I don't what are you talking about. Explain? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts IX   Random Thoughts IX - Page 40 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:51 pm

At this point, I think I'm beyond hating people, I just absolutely despise everyone around me in an absolutely horrible way. This day has just been depressing and that fact is just making me angry now. hash

/randomrant
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts IX   Random Thoughts IX - Page 40 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:59 pm

http://youmeandcharlie.com/

That's this blog Dianna started and now you can even get a Newsletter everyday which is amazing.
It's just a bunch of people sharing inspiring things really.
And I send a submission yesterday (I think.. or the day before that - anyway!) and this morning I had a mail-response where it said:

Quote :
Hi Dina!
Thank you so much for this lovely contribution, we liked it so much that we decided to make it our newsletter for tomorrow. People will receive it first thing when they wake up smile Thanks for a lovely reminder!
Cheers and sunshine,
Chelsea

And today they really made my submission the topic of the Newsletter - and it's a bit embarassing how much that excites me but - who cares Wink

They have this header, added this picture and then comes the text so it looks pretty much like this:
Random Thoughts IX - Page 40 Ymc-he10
Quote :

When we read this recent submission from Dina, one thing in particular stuck out to us...."We may not find revolutionary new truths, but we can tell our own ones in a way that only we can." This is wonderful, enjoy:

Dear Charlies –

I think all songwriters (or writer in general) know the feeling of just running in circles with their work. Of getting nowhere at all and just repeating yourself - repeating the rhymes or the melody. When somehow everything feels like your copying an older version of the same message, you already told.
A very dear band has a song that begins with the following lines (loosely translated):

“When everything is said and you’re running out of words and the rhymes and the punctuations and most of it is a repetition or means nothing, then every sentence must be a decision;
and no sentence, no word, not even a comma written, just to be written.
There are no lines anymore, that haven’t been written before, so write them in a way, that they at least are necessary for you.

Saying everything, that can be said with the words and the few chords that you have and then starting all over again and searching for something that is true and that seemingly nobody else knows.”
(Locas In Love – vs Kong)

We may not find revolutionary new truths, but we can tell our own ones in a way that only we can. And maybe only we understand.

So, Charlies, when you write, write in a way that means something for YOU. Maybe thousands of artists already wrote a love-song describing the situation you’re in, but write yours in a way, that is for you. That helps you and moves you and is you.

Make the decision to really mean what you write and never stop.

x Dina

-----

My name is Dina, I’m 18 & have an older sister that means the world to me.
Writing and making music helps me to process the things in my life and is also the most beautiful hobby I can think of.

Visit You, Me & Charlie to get your day off on the right foot
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts IX   Random Thoughts IX - Page 40 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:05 pm

That's lovely, Dina. And I really like what you wrote. smile

Congrats beer

-------

https://brittana-forum.forumotion.co.uk/viewtopic.forum?t=46
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts IX   Random Thoughts IX - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts IX
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40