Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random thoughts VIII

Go down 
+12
Phyxrak
mardou
MissLilly
Isa
Dina
Sez
Alison DiLaurentis
Shanna_
Mike`
eli_
Charles
Span_ski
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Isa

Isa

Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:25 pm

I'm definitely not on team sushi as well. Thumbs Down
Back to top Go down
Phyxrak

Phyxrak

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:41 pm

I think I want a sammich. And I am watching Underworld 2. I hope everyone's evening is more exciting then mine.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:50 pm

I only like sushi with a healthy glob of wasabi Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Phyxrak

Phyxrak

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:58 pm

I had sushi in California, but I think I really only liked the spicy mayo they had at the place we went to. God I wanna go back out there, so much good food on that trip.
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:04 pm

I love sushi! Eel... Yum...
Back to top Go down
Sez

Sez

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:20 pm

Wow, did PT and all of a sudden felt sick, Mum had to come and pick me up Sad I think it's the weather here Sad
Back to top Go down
http://sezsisatotalgleekhehe.tumblr.com/
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:25 am

Good morning all!! Another sunny day in the UK!! Very Happy

Hope you feel better soon Sez!!
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:28 am

Morning Han! What you up to today? You going for an adventure in sunny Newport? tongue I hate being stuck in the office on a day like this.
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:45 am

problably too wasted for a wendesday but goodmorning everyone!
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 5:35 am

Charlie wrote:
Morning Han! What you up to today? You going for an adventure in sunny Newport? tongue I hate being stuck in the office on a day like this.

Thats the plan dude. Gonna find somewhere for breakfast in town. Any recommendations? Don't wanna head to Briz to early though. Maybe about 2 ish?

mardou wrote:
problably too wasted for a wendesday but goodmorning everyone!

Good morning! Good night yesterday then?
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:01 am

The Potters does a good breakfast. It's near the bus station on the same street as the passport office (if that helps you). Lol.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:05 am

Cheers dude! I'll google the bus station. Pretty sure I should be checking out of my room about now, but I think I'll see if I can squeeze in time for another brew before I go Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:06 am

Haha yeah, sushi's not raw food I learned. Laughing What all did we try.... ummm... We had Teriyaki Chicken sushi, some vegetable one with orange cheesey-sauce (Might have been spicy mayo) on it, one that started with a T and sounded like tapioca but was something entirely different, and an eggplant sushi.

Plus they came with a giant bowl of beans, was soooo yummy.

All that for $15. smile Then my friends went home, tried to do P90X ten minutes after, and proceeded to vomit everywhere. asd asd asd
Back to top Go down
Sez

Sez

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:18 am

Span_ski wrote:
Good morning all!! Another sunny day in the UK!! Very Happy

Hope you feel better soon Sez!!

Yeah came out fine until I had the flu shot LOL then did some more training at the gym. Officially knackered now..
Back to top Go down
http://sezsisatotalgleekhehe.tumblr.com/
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:18 am

It's not raw food? Then what is it?
Sounds like a good night though, you know, apart from the vomiting. tongue

Oh, and good afternoon all! The sun is shining, and it would be a perfect day here as well, if it wasn't for that damned wind. Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 Windy
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:22 am

MissLilly wrote:
It's not raw food? Then what is it?
Sounds like a good night though, you know, apart from the vomiting. tongue

Oh, and good afternoon all! The sun is shining, and it would be a perfect day here as well, if it wasn't for that damned wind. Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 Windy

It's sticky rice on some black thingy (Looks like eggplant skin to me, but it's something else entirely. I was explained it yesterday but can't remember), that's then wrapped around whatever the main part of the meal is.

It CAN be raw fish, it can be fresh or cooked vegetables, it can basically be anything you can wrap a little sheet of sticky rice around.

Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 2238705562_d09209e01e

That's the teriyaki chicken, but with ours (With all the sushis we got) the rice was also on the outside of the black thing, not just the inside.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:28 am

Banana leaves maybe?

When I look at it like that though, I think I've actually had sushi, or something like it. I had some Argentinian neighbors who used to make something exactly like that, and which they forced me to try. I remember it being very salty. Is it salty?
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:33 am

Googled it, 'tis a type of seaweed called Nori.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:36 am

Isn't it seaweed? The Japanese call it nori. In Wales we call it laver. smile

Mike beat me to it. tongue
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:38 am

Mike` wrote:

It's sticky rice on some black thingy (Looks like eggplant skin to me, but it's something else entirely. I was explained it yesterday but can't remember), that's then wrapped around whatever the main part of the meal is.

It CAN be raw fish, it can be fresh or cooked vegetables, it can basically be anything you can wrap a little sheet of sticky rice around.

Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 2238705562_d09209e01e

That's the teriyaki chicken, but with ours (With all the sushis we got) the rice was also on the outside of the black thing, not just the inside.
That pictureeeeee. I want it!

@Lilly- the chicken is cooked, of course tongue

You guys didn't know it was seaweed around the rice? Sushi must be pretty big in Australia compared to other places.
Back to top Go down
Mike`

Mike`

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:47 am

You're also a hell of a lot closer to Japan than us. tongue

Sushi here's a delicacy and it's a very "upper-class" thing. tongue
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:58 am

Really? That's interesting to me scratch
But yeah, true about Japan haha.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:05 am

Sushi is massive in Oz compared with a lot of europe. I ate sushi nearly every day in melbourne. It was everywhere... You could just pick some up as a snack at the train station, like you'd pick up a pretzel in NY our something. It's fairly popular in the uk, but more traditional raw salmon, tuna, crayfish etc. I liked the cooked tuna ones on Oz. Yum!
Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:29 am

Sushi in a hot food category in the states. It is a growing market because so much of middle America hasn't tried it or given it a chance. I read trade magazines a little too often at work but food retail trends are actually interesting.
Back to top Go down
cinco

cinco

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:03 am

Haha, there is still a lot of food-talk in this thread despite there being an actual food-thread. tongue

I hardly eat sushi though.
More of a salmon/tuna/herring-person.
Truly herring is underappreciated.
I mean, with fries and some special white-sour sauce it's quite tasteful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts VIII   Random thoughts VIII - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts VIII
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next