Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Episode discussion 3x09

Go down 
+7
House Carl
Cora_
mardou
Charles
Span_ski
MissLilly
Isa
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

How bad was this episode?
Surprisingly good.
Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Not that bad.
Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
It was not offensive. I'm happy.
Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Don't care anymore.
Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Only watched Naya scenes, fast forwarded the rest.
Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Embarrassing.
 10% [ 1 ]
Worse than IKAG.
Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Span_ski

Span_ski

Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:40 pm

Blue Zeppelin wrote:
I'm actually now thinking this is surprisingly good, considering all that happened lately and there is no Brittana.

Yep I'm enjoying it actually :-)
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:46 pm

Cute Brittana, actually sitting together on the couch, sorta holding hands, and then the leaning head as the scene zoomed out.

My heart melted I love you
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 9:02 pm

Not bad!

Did you guys catch the "Huge decisions" with Brittana on it on the promo thingy? Think it means it's actually something relating to them, or just random?
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 9:02 pm

Not that bad, actually.

The ending was kinda ridiculous, though.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 9:05 pm

Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 Tumblr_lw67ovMF6g1qb3prpo1_500

LOL HeMo bored...
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 9:10 pm

She looks sad to me.

But they were cute. I'll live on that couch moment for a little while.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 9:12 pm

The hands are cute though smile
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 11:00 pm

Haven't watched it yet, I'm not at home. I'm glad it wasn't that bad! smile
Back to top Go down
Cora_

Cora_

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 11:26 pm

I think that was supposed to be HeMo's "this is a serious, poignant moment" face while listening to Rory's Bible story, rather than bored. But sometimes it's hard to tell.

I still believe she was sick or something during filming of this ep. She looks really pale and like she doesn't feel well, in all the scenes.
Back to top Go down
House Carl

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:30 am

So the consensus is that despite very little Brittana (or Santana or Brittany), it was a surprisingly good ep?

I'm glad. smile

Not sure if I'll watch it, seeing Finchel and Klaine getting the "golden couple" treatment sets my teeth on edge these days, but at least it wasn't offensive this time, hey? Laughing And Noxon didn't fail as bad as most of the new writers, did she? To tell the truth, after her "degaying Britt" comments before S3 started, she was the one I was most worried about, in addition to many Buffy fans seemingly loathing her.

From what I gather, all the Finntana was cut? Too bad a sexy/adorbs Santana number had to go, but if it means the writers are finally getting a clue... well, I imagine most Brittana/Santana fans can live with that.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:49 am

It was an okay episode. I even enjoyed it at times - better than AVGC by far imo.
Back to top Go down
Cora_

Cora_

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:09 am

There were a few genuinely funny moments. Marti is definitely leagues better at writing dialogue than the rest of the writers. At times it felt a lot like Season 1, witty Glee.

And I'm not sure if Santa Baby was cut for story reasons, or just for time. Since they're releasing it online next week, I think it was probably just for time. Though we'll see if they also include the Finntana scene that went with it. If that's left out, maybe it's for a reason.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:20 am

Cora_ wrote:
There were a few genuinely funny moments. Marti is definitely leagues better at writing dialogue than the rest of the writers. At times it felt a lot like Season 1, witty Glee.

And I'm not sure if Santa Baby was cut for story reasons, or just for time. Since they're releasing it online next week, I think it was probably just for time. Though we'll see if they also include the Finntana scene that went with it. If that's left out, maybe it's for a reason.
So much better.
I was actually entertained.

Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:21 am

I really liked all the black/white scenes
Back to top Go down
House Carl

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:28 am

Don't tempt me by writing things like "it felt a lot like Season 1, witty Glee"! Laughing Crying or Very sad

Nah, not gonna watch. Not unless they actually make amends after the hiatus wrt: Santana and Brittana. Until then, I'm not going to subject myself to watching any more Glee. With no hope that the gimps in charge had good intentions and a plan with my faves, I'm not gonna sit through more Frankendouche and Klaine. And fast forwarding through all the irrelevant nonsense would make the viewing experience like 2 minutes long... Rolling Eyes

---

Oh and BTW, was the inherently loathsome Rory/love interest buildup there? Hopefully not wrt Britt or Sugar, if so.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 4:43 am

Went for "don't care anymore". It was better than all the crap they wrote past eps, but still...
Oh, Carl, listen to this: Rachel was being selfish as usual and asked for earrings, and poor Finn sold his jacket or something to buy them to her, also he bought her a pig, and a star, a real star, named Finn Hudson. Yep.
Back to top Go down
House Carl

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 4:52 am

elilenna wrote:
Went for "don't care anymore". It was better than all the crap they wrote past eps, but still...
Oh, Carl, listen to this: Rachel was being selfish as usual and asked for earrings, and poor Finn sold his jacket or something to buy them to her, also he bought her a pig, and a star, a real star, named Finn Hudson. Yep.

A pig? As in real live animal? scratch

And doesn't naming a star after himself seem a little... conceited? WTF I could have seen S1 Rachel pulling something like that, isn't Frankendouche supposed to be non-diva among the two?

Oh and Rachel asked for the earrings? I guess they scrapped the whole Finntana gift advisor thing completely then? Good. Santana needs to keep away from Frankendouche... the writers don't know how to write him in any other way than trashing the females he interacts with.

I sure do hope that awful selfish Rachel apologized fuzzy lovable Finnocence Hudson for being high maintenance later on... /sarc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 5:20 am

He bought her an african pig for long distance adoption! Sweet Very Happy
then
Quote :
- You named a star after me?
- Well, no. I, uh, I thought about that, but then I named it Finn Hudson. Because there's already a star named Rachel Berry. And she's right here on earth and she's brighter than any of those stars up there. So I just wanted to make sure that whenever she feels lonely, she can look up in the sky, and no matter where I am, she can know that I'm looking down on her.
WTF not condescending at all. I'm glad he will be always there, looking down on her.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 5:22 am

Looks like we're going to get Santa Baby after all - good times!

Ausiello Glee Exclusive
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 6:50 am

I still don't get the joke about Brittany's family going to see a gay Santa in Santa Fe. What was that about?
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 8:44 am

That was a Finchel overload and the star thing is kinda depressing. Poor Rachel.

But I thought it was a good episode, with funny moments, even witty dialogue at points. Definitely improvement.

I just wish Naya had more to do. She should have been the one with Rachel and Klaine, not Mercedes. Amber looked uncomfortable the whole time. That said, the black/white sequence was surprisingly good. I love My Favorite Things, had forgotten about that.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 8:59 am

Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 Tumblr_lw6a9raxmQ1qceolvo1_r1_500
Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 Tumblr_lw6a9raxmQ1qceolvo2_500
thank you for existing
by Gaby @ thatllwork
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 9:11 am

LOL Santana, you are the best.

Naya's delivery... she is so perfect. Drool
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 9:18 am

Okay, long review. It wasn't horrid like last year's ep, but still def NOT good.

First of all, NO Santana. Cutting SB ensured she was fairly nonexistent in this ep. I know she was bound to be benched for a while, but she didn't even get a POV in her Santana centric episode, and then in here she's just a prop for Finchel (and then got cut) when even Rory the damn elf gets to express his feelings... Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 Aufsmaul_2

Klainers pissed because they cut their gif swapping for more Finchel. And surprise! Finchel was all about Rachel being a selfish egomaniac and Finn being such a good guy and trying to do the right thing. Why can't we have Finn effing up and Rachel helping him out for a change?
NGL, Rachel was still hilarious, and the only thing that saved that B&W pseudo-christmas special. I get that it was supposed to be funny, but it was just overkill. Again, Lea was the only one that had any idea of what she was doing. And anyone but her singing MFT is just embarrassing. At least, this time she got to beat Amber, since she can't do it with powerhouse songs. Blaine was just pathetic.

Well, Marti is the old pro, I can give her that. At least, unlike Ali or Matt Hodgson, she can write funny stuff. But what was the message? Christmas is all about giving? They didn't even cancel their special to go help homeless kids, they just went AFTER it, and then sang a song about being poor, to poor people Laughing

Yeah, I know, Christmas eps don't make sense. Good effort, but still a big WTF
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 9:22 am

Also: Why was Sam inviting Rory to celebrate Christmas with his family?
Rory is not living on the streets, he HAS a guest family: Brittanys. Why wouldn't he spend Christmas with them??

I don't think glee get's the concept of an exchange program - rationally thinking Rory can't stay for S4, because after one year he would go home.
A lot of questionmarks in my head right now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode discussion 3x09   Episode discussion 3x09 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Episode discussion 3x09
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next