Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Hunger Games trilogy

Go down 
+10
Jugz da' Clown
Niklas
Dina
Charles
Tuk17
Shanna_
mardou
eli_
Isa
MissLilly
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Charles

Charles

The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 6:25 pm

I'll get them soon. I'll have to read them when I have time off though. I'm the type of person who can't put a book down. Hehe.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 9:26 pm

First song of the official THG soundtrack is out.

Not really liking it... Hoping that I'll like it better in the context of the movie.
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:16 am

Took it ages to arrive because I had them shipped from Britain. Worth it? Yes cos it was reaaally cheaper, but UGH THERE'S STEPHENIE MEYER'S NAME ALL OVER THE COVERS it's embarrassing. How am I suppoed to walk in public with those. devil
The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 AjcmMrzCMAAri-Z
anyways, can't wait to read them. At home, see FUCKING STEPHENIE MEYER'S NAME ON THE COVERS, on the front, on the side, on the back, every fucking where
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:21 am

haha that sucks, eli Laughing
But the books are still awesome! I had mine shipped from the UK as well. Got all three books (hardcover) in a box for the same price, that I would have paid for the first book alone here in germany >.<
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:24 am

These were advertised as the hardcover box but I already knew they actually weren't. Who cares! because
these: 19 euros
*real* hardcover box: 26 euros
Italian version: 50 fucking euros
So I win yahoo
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:49 am

LOL! I have those exact same ones, with her name all over them. I don't care. I'll read the books wherever I please, as they are sooooooo good. People are free to judge. They don't know what they are missing.

2 months until the movie yahoo
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:54 am

I think I'll just try and get them on Kindle. I hate carrying books around. Especially on holiday or something if you take a trilogy, so inconvenient. Although, I do like the smell of real books. I'm odd, I know.
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:58 am

Charlie wrote:
I think I'll just try and get them on Kindle. I hate carrying books around. Especially on holiday or something if you take a trilogy, so inconvenient. Although, I do like the smell of real books. I'm odd, I know.
not odd at all, new books smell great. But damn I want a kindle too Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:04 am

Get one. They're amazing. smile
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:06 am

but expensive mad
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:12 am

Yeah, I guess. Maybe one day? smile
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:32 pm

Just finished the first stupid book. Too short if you ask me, it took me just one afternoon. Stupid young adult novels. Cried like an idiot halfway trough, and had to hide in my room, so embarrassing.
Guess I'll wait tomorrow for the second. I can't stay up all night reading, can I? snap out of it!
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:37 pm

Awww, Eli! Was it Rue?
Wait til the second book. No matter how many times I read that one, I still cry at the same part. And I can cry over it for days afterwards as well if I just think about it.

The books are too short though. I agree. I'd wish they never end, but.. tongue
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:44 pm

Of course it was Rue Crying or Very sad
Well, actually it was the bread from district 11, I totally lost it at that point
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Oooh, I had totally forgotten about the bread! Everything about Rue and her district is just heartwrenching! Come here you Hug

I feel the need to re-read these books again now.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 7:50 pm

The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 O-FINAL-HUNGER-GAMES-POSTER-570

yahoo
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:10 pm

Finished the books yesterday. Hm. I'm a mix between naya rivera and knife
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:56 pm

Lol! Whats the part that makes you go all knife ?

What did you think of the victory tour in book two? That's the part that always gets me, when they're in district 11 Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 4:10 pm

the ending. At some point halfway through the 3rd book I was thinking that the woman (Suzanne Collins LOL) was just some sort of sad gore feticist. But the end was both terrifying and beautiful and not at all what I was expecting. I respect her for choosing to write it, but I still want to beat up the heartless bitch dead

don't know about the second book. it was a bit overkill
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 4:23 pm

Yeah, I was shocked by the ending myself the first time I read it, when the
Spoiler:
It's bittersweet for sure, but I love the fact that Collins
Spoiler:
. It's realistic.
Spoiler:

You thought the second book was overkill? How so?
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 4:43 pm

Well, maybe
Spoiler:
was too much?
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 4:49 pm

On a related note, I became a Johanna Mason stan on the spot.
And Katniss? If a girl flash her boobs at you like that, you do something about it, mkay?
ROFL
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:11 pm

Johanna Mason I love you
I can't wait to see her brought to life!

And I get what you mean about them
Spoiler:
But you know.. It is what it is Shrug

Spoiler:
Crying or Very sad

I think I just love the second book for all the tears I shed through it tongue
Back to top Go down
eli_

eli_

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 3:29 pm

Just went to watch the movie trailer on youtube, and there were people arguing about
team Peeta vs team Gale... srsly people??? That's all you got from the books?
ugh go read Twilight and leave us alone
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 3:39 pm

Thank you!!!

It's so annoying when people do that. It gets on my last freaking nerves, and I want to punch someone everytime I see anyone being all "Team" something. knife
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games trilogy   The Hunger Games trilogy - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games trilogy
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Random Thoughts :: Everything Else :: Everything Else-
Jump to: