Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts XVII

Go down 
+10
Tuk17
Mike`
Shanna_
Sez
Alison DiLaurentis
Charles
Span_ski
MissLilly
Dina
Isa
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 9:48 pm

Yeah it's awesome hehe
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 1:15 am

Happy Birthday!! smile
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 9:20 am

Thankyou Isa smile
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 10:08 am

Hey Charlie, how is you tough mudder training going by the way?
I recently got dragged into running with my sister again (after about 3 years of not doing anything remotely sport-ish  halo ) and while I was certain, that I was about to die any second after only 4,5km I had to think about your crazy-fun-adventure-run that is about 3 times the distance dead 
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 1:12 pm

The training is going well, thanks. I'm building up to the 12 miles in a decent time. TM should be okay, though; there will probably be time for rests when you wait to do an obstacle. I'm more concerned about the Cardiff Half. Hehe.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 8:27 am

Respect Charlie. That shit is hard.
Back to top Go down
Alison DiLaurentis

Alison DiLaurentis

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 9:28 am

Back to top Go down
Tuk17

Tuk17

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 12:00 pm

Wow, that was great smile.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 9:41 am

Happy belated birthday Rosie!!!
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 12:30 pm

Sooo - I got my glasses today and it's a bit like watching your first Blu Ray DVD.
You never knew that life could simply be so much more High Definition.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 2:30 pm

Right!?
Back to top Go down
Tuk17

Tuk17

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:20 pm

I am so mentally tired right now. I'm doing a chemistry competition on May 15, which requires me finishing the curriculum like a month early. I just came in yesterday and today to start learning the next unit and I've done "six days" worth of work. Electrochemistry if anyone's interested. Apparently Canada is like the only country still teaching this particular unit.  noo 
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptySat May 03, 2014 5:12 am

Damn Tuk, that sounds intense! Good on you for giving it a go.

Those competition things look amazeballs on your CV though mate - it'll be worth it smile

Remember to take a break this weekend though... Anything but think about Chemistry Laughing. Don't wanna burn out your brain!
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptySat May 03, 2014 6:12 am

Tuk17 wrote:
I am so mentally tired right now. I'm doing a chemistry competition on May 15, which requires me finishing the curriculum like a month early. I just came in yesterday and today to start learning the next unit and I've done "six days" worth of work. Electrochemistry if anyone's interested. Apparently Canada is like the only country still teaching this particular unit.  noo 

What does that mean? To finish your curriculum a month early?
Are you teaching yourself how to do electrochemisty stuff before it has been discussed at your university course?
If so then a big  Thumbs Up  for being so hard-working!

... meanwhile I am exercising the minimization principle.
Back to top Go down
Tuk17

Tuk17

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptySat May 03, 2014 9:35 am

Span_ski wrote:
Damn Tuk, that sounds intense! Good on you for giving it a go.

Those competition things look amazeballs on your CV though mate - it'll be worth it smile

Remember to take a break this weekend though... Anything but think about Chemistry Laughing. Don't wanna burn out your brain!
I'm definitely taking a break from Chem this weekend... Doing English instead Lol. Definitely easier work though, I'm reading Angela's Ashes, writing a poem, and brain storming ideas for a narrative essay that's about "there are many sources of inspiration".
---
Dina: it's just the high school curriculum I'm learning early I should say, before the rest of my class. I still have to do the work when my class gets to it. My teacher said this unit is barely touched on in university -_-,  there's also literally three questions on this test about electro chem too. Still have to cover because we don't know what's on this test compared to '03 or '07 tests we looked at.

Hope you guys are having a fun weekend! I'm getting my grad dress altered today and a haircut smile, my hair is so long right now lol.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptySat May 03, 2014 10:40 am

Right, University will start in Sept/Oct I guess?
So you're still going to school then? Have you had your final exams yet? I'm so confused by the different timelines in educational systems Very Happy

For our final year it was pretty much that we went to school until about late March, got our permission to take the final exams (Abitur) based on the grades you had gotten up until that point, then we had about 2 weeks off to prepare and study for ourselves (by then it would be middle of April) and then we would only go back to school to take these final exams.
So no lessons from march on for us.

Back to top Go down
Tuk17

Tuk17

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptySat May 03, 2014 11:22 am

Yeah I start Uni is September. Last day of school is June 11 and then after that exams start. You get evaluated on whether or not you have to do it by achieving a 73% or higher in the course. All grade 12s have to do a mandatory English 12 provincial exam though. It's 40% of our final mark... Not feeling it lol. And a school math exam is mandatory too for all grades, 20% of final mark, all other exams are 20% except for English 12. This semester I'll only be doing the English exam, I did math last semester. Depending on when my exam is, I could have 4-7 days off to study.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptySat May 03, 2014 12:38 pm

Interesting! Thanks for explaining  Thumbs Up 
What a bunch of lazy people the graduates over here are then - with exams finishing in May and University starting in October Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tuk17

Tuk17

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptySat May 03, 2014 12:45 pm

Hahaha whatever works I guess smile
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptySun May 04, 2014 3:41 pm

We're playing at our drummers sisters wedding (confusing?) in 5 weeks and did our first rehearsal today... church songs are soooo high!!!! We have transposed quite a few so that I can sing in a more comfortable voice but it's still sooo high!!  yahoo ROFL 
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptySun May 04, 2014 3:46 pm

And also one is a rap -  yahoo I CAN'T RAP!!
I'm just sort of speaking the verses there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tuk17

Tuk17

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptySun May 04, 2014 3:48 pm

Sounds fun! I had to "rap" for this song I wrote with my friend for a creative project because I couldn't just play guitar.. That was interesting. I'm in my school's "rock band" and we're working on like six songs right now to be ready by June 11 for awards day. I'm only happy with three right now so we have to get it it together pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptySun May 04, 2014 4:11 pm

Sounds cool!
My band project is fizzling out a bit. We have never been a band that rehearsed A LOT but now it's really only every couple of weeks that we get together and work on new stuff. And new stuff is very far and in-between because I haven't been writing a lot lately to be honest...

It's just hard to string something like that along when everyone has moved to their university cities, I work full-time and whenever the guys are in their exam-phases they are practicly only existing to study.  Shrug 
I guess priorities (have to) change.

Even more fun that we get to play this wedding and for me to "rap" now  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tuk17

Tuk17

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptySun May 04, 2014 4:18 pm

Yeah it's hard for us too, we're not a steady band or anything, pretty much together just for this year end show at our school. Our lead guitarist just left us last month and we're struggling to replace the songs we need him for. He drummed for one and it looks like he might still be down for playing it. Band drama sucks.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 9:18 am

Where is everyone? Very quiet in here lately...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts XVII
Page 40 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next