Random Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Random Thoughts. This forum is for everything, whatever we feel like discussing. Nothing is off-topic. Go for it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Thoughts XVII

Go down 
+10
Tuk17
Mike`
Shanna_
Sez
Alison DiLaurentis
Charles
Span_ski
MissLilly
Dina
Isa
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
MissLilly

MissLilly

Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:02 pm

Isa wrote:
Dina wrote:
How are you surviving this heat, Isa? I'd die... or melt - possibly both!!

To be honest, it's not that bad, probably because it's too dry, it doesn't feel that hot, even though it's 40C. It's weird.

It annoys me that sunsire is early already (around 5h30, I guess). It's make me wake up super early and then it's difficult to go back to sleep.

Get yourself some dark drapes that won't let light through them.
Back to top Go down
http://a-lot-of-heart-a-little-crazy.tumblr.com/
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 6:43 am

I wish I spoke german right now.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:35 pm

Why? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 3:24 am

Might have the day off tomorrow! Fingers crossed! fiesta
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:59 am

I'm trying to organise a conference in Munich, which is tricky when you can't read websites properly etc.
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 am

Span_ski wrote:
I'm trying to organise a conference in Munich, which is tricky when you can't read websites properly etc.

Will you be going to Munich? smile

I've always wanted to go there (I want to travel more in Germany). I'm sure it's a beaitiful city.
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 10:45 am

I'm so tired, and all I want to do is sleep, sleep, sleep!
But if I'm gonna get my whacked out sleep schedule back to normal, I need to stay awake at least another 4 - 5 hours.

Give me strength!

Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 3:22 pm

Isa wrote:
Span_ski wrote:

Will you be going to Munich? smile

I've always wanted to go there (I want to travel more in Germany). I'm sure it's a beaitiful city.

Yeah I will be going next year. I'm hoping I can maybe organise to stay a few extra days after the conference and meeting is over to enjoy the city. I won't get to do that with my Brussels trip (first one on the job - thought I'd better keep it strictly business lol)

Might ask my Dad to help me with the German when he gets back from his trip, he's pretty good.

I'm the only one in my family, that sucks at languages....

MissLilly wrote:
I'm so tired, and all I want to do is sleep, sleep, sleep!
But if I'm gonna get my whacked out sleep schedule back to normal, I need to stay awake at least another 4 - 5 hours.

Give me strength!

Good luck getting your sleep pattern back Lilly! It'll be worth it when you do smile
Back to top Go down
Tuk17

Tuk17

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Wave TIRREDAY WELLCOMMMEE! stars
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 10:37 am

TFI Friday for sure!! stars
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptySat May 11, 2013 5:09 am

Oh my god, you guys!

Between 6 and 6.30 this morning my neighbor called me. I was awake, but I didn't answer because it was so damn early, and I just thought she wanted me to come down and be with her while her dog gave birth because I had told her she could call me if she wanted help, I just didn't want to jump out of bed at that hour. Then suddenly there's this heavy pounding on my door, and I went to open, and there's my neighbor stressed out as fuck telling me that her daughter/my friends apartment had burned to the ground, and that my friend was in the hospital and she had no idea how she was.

So I jumped in my clothes to drive her to the hospital, then her father called and said we didn't have to come yet. He was already there, and she was having all these check ups done right then, so we could wait.
We decided to drive up to the apartment and see just how bad it was while we waited.

There's basically nothing left of it. The outer walls are still standing, but it's just coal. Everything. Luckily the firewalls between the apartment had done their job well, because they weren't affected by the fire. Just the downstairs neighbor got his apt filled up with water.

My friend had fallen asleep from a candle that she was stupid enough to had lit in her effin bedroom. She woke up right before it caught real fire, and tried to put it out, but as soon as it reached the pillows it was done. Everything just exploded in fire in an instant. She was still in her bedroom when the window exploded as well, and that's when she gave up and had to get out.

Here's a photo from the newspaper:
Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 3579847509
The window is where her bedroom was, and the smoke is covering where the patio is.

My friend was standing in the middle of it, and couldn't get to the front door because it spread so quickly. She got out to the patio, and there were her neighbors standing outside telling her to just jump. So she did.
Can you believe she got out of this without a burn on her body? Not even a singed hair! Just badly beaten and bruised from the jump, and smokefilled lungs so she has to have oxygen at the hospital for a few days.

Just, wow... Talk about luck, in an unlucky situation.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptySat May 11, 2013 5:40 am

Blimey Lilly!!

She is a very lucky girl indeed! Thats a lot of smoke!!! Glad she's gonna be ok mate. That sounds like such a scary situation!
Back to top Go down
MissLilly

MissLilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptySat May 11, 2013 6:00 am

Yeah, before we knew how she was we were imagining her seriously burned, with broken legs and everything from the jump because the hospital didn't want to disclose her condition over the phone. She's just crazy lucky!
The worst thing apart from the fire itself is that she has been uninsured for one month due to quitting her job which she had insurance through, and not signing a new insurance yet, so she's lost everything, and right now owns nothing but the underwear she was wearing. So that sucks for her. But she's taking it all really well so far though.

So never light a candle in the bedroom guys, no matter how cozy or romantic, and certainly don't fall asleep with candles lit. You could lose your home before you know it. My friend said it was crazy how fast everything went after the fire got to the bed.
Like... her bedroom is in the middle of the apartment, and when she got out of there, the fire was already blocking her front door, having spread from her room, to the other bedroom, and then the hallway. Crazy stuff!
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptySat May 11, 2013 6:32 am

Wow, that is crazy!

I'm glad she is ok, though.

Here today is election day. I had the day off yesterday due to security alert and stayed home all day, same today. Everything seems quiet though. Maybe tomorrow I'll step outside.
Back to top Go down
Dina

Dina

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptySat May 11, 2013 11:05 am

We saw a documentary about the burning of the Düsseldorf airport when we were trained about safety at the workplace etc. and there we also watched this video, to get an understanding of how incredible fast fire can spread.

Look at the table with the lamp on it. At second 26 it starts catching fire - seemingly out of nowhere, because this is about the amount of time, when all the flammable substances in reach can start to catch fire. I think this phenomenon is called something like "fire jumping".

In a matter of 40 seconds, the entire room is burned down! It's crazy to actually see, that this all happens so fast!
Glad to hear that your friend got away with a few bruises and a big shock. She must've had a lot of guardian angels that night!

Back to top Go down
Shanna_

Shanna_

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptySat May 11, 2013 11:22 am

That is super scary! I'm glad your friend is safe.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptySat May 11, 2013 12:16 pm

Wow. I'm so glad your friend is okay. The being uninsured part is devastating too. Jeez.
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptySun May 12, 2013 11:43 pm

hi you all I love you
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:44 am

Hello there! Nice to see you around, what's up? smile
Back to top Go down
mardou

mardou

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 1:22 am

i'm fine smile studying a lot, Ive also been working, traveled a little... it's been a great summer for me. how are you girls?
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 2:54 am

Hey Pilar smile How's uni going? How's BA? I miss it! Where have you been traveling?

I feel awful this morning. How have I managed to get a really bad cold when it's nearly summer? Crappy way to start a super busy week Sad
Back to top Go down
Isa

Isa

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 1:05 pm

Nice to hear you had a great summer, Pilar. We miss you here!

Han, hope you're feeling better by now.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:52 am

Thanks Isa smile

Still full of cold unfortunately. Hopefully I'll get rid of it soon.
Back to top Go down
Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 3:48 pm

Hey guys! How's it going? I don't think I've been around here since before the news about the Veronica Mars movie project hit. I got really into that, and put all things Glee-related out of my mind for a while. I've even stopped obsessing over Naya and when her album's coming out. I mean, I'm still a Naya fan, but I don't spend much time thinking about her anymore. I got a lot of other things to think about these days, some bad and some good.

Anyways, I miss talking with you guys.
Back to top Go down
Span_ski

Span_ski

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 4:43 pm

You too Jugz smile

What's been happening? Birthday this week right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts XVII   Random Thoughts XVII - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts XVII
Page 18 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30 ... 43  Next